HybridZ

SBC 260Z Winner on "PINKS"

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon,great looking car,the first race did you hit the nitrous right out of the hole,it seemed that way.What are you running for a rear end and what gears? I'm hoping to hit the track up here in Canada this Friday,weather man say's 22 degrees and sunny.I have not used the nos at the track yet so some info on your setup and when you use it would be very helpful.Congrats on the win,what are you doing with Barney?

Guys guys, let's not pass judgment based on an editors cut. They have a way of making things look however they want. It appeared to me that "Barney" wasn't performing as it should. They even said it crapped out on the last run.

I'm thru, just don't want to see any "haten" on this forum.

Peace,

Jeff

Hey guys who posted negative about Jon and the Pinks win, 1st of all Jon had to set him out what was it 5 cars, Nos vs Motor, then 2nd pass Barney got what he asked for heads up on motor, then 3rd pass he got a car and a half, he wanted two on motor but only got 1 and 1/2.

It goes to show you, do not enter Pinks with a car that does not run. Barney said him self it is a 100 dollar engine, that is not Jon's problem. Barney was a all out race car big block with big slicks. Jon's little Z was a small tire car, but it hauled butt.

I met Jon at SEZ8 and he was a nice, friendly guy willing to help out others with his knowledge and was very outgoing. Do not speak badly at someone you do not know, you will only make fools of yourself in my opinion.

Jon's Z just was faster end of story.......

It was intimidating with a big crew that came with him with the head sets, I will agree on that........

John and Jerry

Guest TeamNissan
Hey guys who posted negative about Jon and the Pinks win, 1st of all Jon had to set him out what was it 5 cars, Nos vs Motor, then 2nd pass Barney got what he asked for heads up on motor, then 3rd pass he got a car and a half, he wanted two on motor but only got 1 and 1/2.

It goes to show you, do not enter Pinks with a car that does not run. Barney said him self it is a 100 dollar engine, that is not Jon's problem. Barney was a all out race car big block with big slicks. Jon's little Z was a small tire car, but it hauled butt.

I met Jon at SEZ8 and he was a nice, friendly guy willing to help out others with his knowledge and was very outgoing. Do not speak badly at someone you do not know, you will only make fools of yourself in my opinion.

Jon's Z just was faster end of story.......

It was intimidating with a big crew that came with him with the head sets, I will agree on that........

John

I couldnt have said it better myself.

Also if anyone is to be blamed then blame Rich and "his" tech crew. Its thier job to keep the races as fair as possible, not either of the racers. I dont care who the drivers are they are going to do thier best to stack the odds in thier favor the best they can for a win. That is why I personaly dont like pinks, the crew doesnt know S&%t about setting up races. On top of that WE dont know basicly anything about the races either, unless you were there and on both teams.

Congrats on your Pinks win. You just flat spanked him. Love to see a Z with the nose up. Great video too. Can't wait to tez my buddy that runs a bb Blown dragster in the mid 7s. thanks for the smile.

I watched it last night, and congrats on a great win! Jon, I sure wouldn't want to have to negotiate a race with you.

The second and third race looked like Barney was going to get a vic, but you just ran him down. Too bad he was so pissed, but from your previous posts it sounds like he cooled off afterwards.

I watched Pinks last night, both shows. The first one was enough to make you never want to watch the show again. The Z show was pretty good considering the Falcon was way out classed. It fell on its butt on the top end every race, especially the last one. John is a tough negotiator for sure but was forced into running without gas which he's not set up for, I can't blame him for anything. He gave the guy pretty much what he wanted and still kicked is butt. I think the Falcon dude was more upset with himself than anything else and just didn't handle the lose well. Competition rarely brings out the best in people.

Russa's posts do not show up to Non-Admin/moderators, so now you guys have a bunch of people asking "WTF are they talking about?"... Gotta love when deleted posts disappear that way.

The post needed to dissapear. If anyone wants to make personal attacks or insults, do it in a pm or e-mail or face to face. Not on a public forum.

I saw it when it was first posted and until it was "moderated". I agree one meeeeelion percent...it warranted being deleted and the user banned as he signed up just to slander someone. We don't need no stinking slanderers here. (I've been watching too many movies late at night here of late).

I would have deleted it myself, but I'm only a mere moderator, not an admin. (I can only moderate the Motorsports/SEZ Events Forum). Doc took care of it for us though. Thanks Doc!

Warren

I saw it when it was first posted and until it was "moderated". I agree one meeeeelion percent...it warranted being deleted and the user banned as he signed up just to slander someone. We don't need no stinking slanderers here. (I've been watching too many movies late at night here of late).

I would have deleted it myself, but I'm only a mere moderator, not an admin. (I can only moderate the Motorsports/SEZ Events Forum). Doc took care of it for us though. Thanks Doc!

Warren

I saw it last night too after I posted my video. First thing I thought was "that post is doomed to be deleted". No clue where this guy got anyone was lying to anyone on that show. And even so, isn't that what the premise of the show is anyway?

Personally speaking, after spending quite a bit of time with Jon and his wife, before, during and after SEZ 8, I don't know how ANYBODY could say ANYTHING bad about the guy. He's more than willing to help anybody out at any time and definitely knows what he's doing out there. I saw NOTHING in the Pinks episode that would have warranted a slanderous comment from some clown on the west coast who has never even met the guy.

Nuff sed.

Warren