HybridZ

Zcar with Porsche 928 flares

RacerX

I LOVE the 940Z kit. I think if I were to get on of John Washington's body kits that would be it. I'm not sure I like the fake pop up headlights on this one, but it does share enough similarities that I would think it might be a 940 kit with some custom front end work on it. Overall, it still gets a thumbs up from me.

I bought my 73 from a P.O. who had 930 flares knocked off and then bonded to the car. They fit well on a 240. Nobody could tell me what the flares came from then one day I rolled up on a 930 on Harbor Blvd at the cross street of LaHabra Blvd, and we both sat there looking at each other...

Two Turbos with big flares, and a Motor Officer with a radar gun just salivating at this prospect when the light turned green! LOL

To fight the temptation was almost insurmountable....

Yeh, looks like 944 to me as well.

Dad's 944 turbo front end...

m67712300.jpg

motice on the below pic the distance from the top of the wheelwell to the fender crease and then look at the Z with the bodykit. The bodykit would have to be modified to have that small distance between the top of the wheelwell and the fender crease. It is quite possible though.

m37542513.jpg

m10158904.jpg

m9176959.jpg

I agree that it is cool but you could have done a one-off bodykit that flows much better for the same cost. Plus you have to find a 944 than you can pull straight panels off of for a decent amount of money (not easy).

i would fibreglass off the 944, and then make a mold of the panels. i wouldn't bother cutting and welding for a job like this, really =( probably because I have my own ideas that i'd do in metal first. LOL