HybridZ

Another V8Z is born!

I finally started her up today. After all the set backs and BS I went through, it was all worth it. Still have a long way to go though. No interior, no exhaust, and no rear lights. among other things. The exhaust I think is gonna be an issue. I am in the middle now of relocating the oil filter so the d/s pipe doesn't get in the way of changing the oil.

*EDIT*

Any one have any advice on routing for dual exhaust?? I've seen plenty of cars on this sight with a single 3" pipe, but not many with dual.

There is still a lot of work to be done, as you can see, but I'm making progress.

engine1_thumb.JPG

shifter_thumb.JPG

enginefront_thumb.JPG

fronthood_thumb.JPG

I finally started her up today. After all the set backs and BS I went through, it was all worth it. Still have a long way to go though. No interior, no exhaust, and no rear lights. among other things. The exhaust I think is gonna be an issue. I am in the middle now of relocating the oil filter so the d/s pipe doesn't get in the way of changing the oil.

*EDIT*

Any one have any advice on routing for dual exhaust?? I've seen plenty of cars on this sight with a single 3" pipe, but not many with dual.

With dual exhaust, you are going to have to center your gas tank.

wonderful work. I have never seen oval tubing. It looks awesome.

Ferd

It's quite expensive, and difficult to work with but I needed the ground clearance.

Pretty much like building a 12 foot long set of headers. You fabricate all directional changes from per-bent radiuses that you purchase. You can't bend the oval tubing. Then butt weld your joints.

Here's a link to Spintech

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/

I finished up with Aeroturbine mufflers (offical muffler of NASCAR).

Loud, but sounds great.

Hooker makes a muffler with dual inlets and a single outlet. That is how I plan to run duals and still use a single muffler in the stock location.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=HOK%2D21510HKR&N=700+400390+4294922710+4294906128+115&autoview=sku

We will see

I thought about that muffler too, but at 22" long its gonna be a tight fit. I ended up with dual "turbo" muffers ahead of the rear axel and dul tail pipes coming out at the stock location. Its loud but sounds pretty mean. I don't have the "X" pipe but plan on installing one diring the LT1 swap. http://www.dejavideo.net/280z8/280z8-sound.mp3

exhaust2.jpg