HybridZ

More pics of my 3 piece spoiler!

80LS1T

I am 99% done with the spoiler now. I sprayed a thin coat of primer over it tonight to see if there are any spots that still need any attention. I found a couple minor flaws that need some fixing but nothing that can't be fixed real easy. I should be done with it tommorow!

Wha'da ya guys think!?.....

3_piece_spoiler3.JPG

3_piece_spoiler2.JPG

3_piece_spoiler1.JPG

3_piece_spoiler.JPG

I must have atlest 30 hours into this thing to get it to fit right and smooth! I must say that even though I really don't care for body work it sure is rewarding when you get to this stage and you stand back and say "man I did that!":grin:

Guy

• Like 1

The spoiler is MSA's 1 piece fiberglass design for the 280zx but I wanted it to be 3 pieces so I chopped it up molded it into the body/hatch. When I got the spoiler it didnt even come close to fitting properly anyways so I figure what the hell I might aswell make it what I want! I figured the worst that could happen is I mess it all up and I'm out a $150 for the spoiler. I'm really happy I took that gamble!

This is what it was supposed to look like(they show it on a S30 though)...

large501573-4.jpg

Guy

Guest 280ZForce

Yup, I got my spoiler from MSA...just like that but for the s30, mine fits very well.

IMG_1407.jpg

But yours is looking awesome all molded in...definitely love what you are doing with it.

• Like 1

Vinh, I used a 2 part expoxy to bond the spoiler pieces to the body and then used resin/mat to bond the edges to the body. I used about 3 layers of resin/mat to do the job. And as for boding in the rear bumper.....ah no way to much for an inexperienced body guy like myself. I don't really mine the way it looks anyways.

Thanks for all the nice comments too guys!

Guy

Guy,

Since you are still doing the body work I suggest you to modify the front MSA spoiler to cover the gap between the hood and the spoiler. This is what it looks like on my ZX with the same front spoiler. I know you are not a body guy but this is not hard to complish and it will look 100 times better. GL

Close up view

768663_109_full.jpg

Back up a few steps

768663_135_full.jpg

and this is what it looks like on your car now. Sorry I used someone else's car from cardomain.

2060550_42_full.jpg