HybridZ

has anyone put a finned alum diff cover on a 77 r200???

nscason

i got bored some while back and looked for a finned aluminum cover for a r200 diff. i found covers that had added capacity but they weren't exactly made for a Z. will any r200 diff cover fit onto a Z? i do eventually want to get the arizonazcar setup for the rear. there custom billet mustache bar and the billet rear brace. if i get those does it matter what r200 cover i get with those parts?

ok.. Hold the presses...

I am tossing this Idea around..

Greddy offers a huge capacity cover for the R-14/R15 cars and a slightly different cover for the BNR32/BNR34 cars...

Does anyone know what the rear cover differences are between these units and how they compare to Z-car fdactory parts.???

An R200 is an R200 cover wise... you can mount ANY R200 cover to ANY R200....

as far as I know the S14/15 covers have different mustache bar bolt spacing... wider for the S14/15 cars...

I am afraid that the BNR32/34 may have had an entirely different mounting method and cannot be easily used on Z-cars...

That is what I would like to know.

i did look around the site and leaned that im not going to have to worry about having a diff cooler, i dont think that im going to drop in a quafe ( if thats how you spell it) any time soon. and im not going to be racing my car every other weekend. that would be fun though. that and i dont want to drop 2 to 3 hundred on a cover take everything apart and have something not fit. ew... that would piss me off to no end.

It may have to do with the ABS/speed sensor placement on the two different models. Some have the sensor holder bracket made into the rear cover, and some R200's have the sensor bracket made into the diff case at the nose of the diff.....

Thats what I beleive the difference to be. :?:

No. I have sold multiple 87-89 finned covers on ebay for around $65 everytime. Ironically now I need a finned cover, since I am doing a powerbrute into an N/A R200.

PS. There is a brand new finned diff cover on Ebay for $80 right now with 6 days auction remaining. That is much too high imho. But I guess the same people who pay $1k for a two pinion r190 would pay $80 for a new vs old finned cover.

PS. There is a brand new finned diff cover on Ebay for $80 right now with 6 days auction remaining. That is much too high imho. But I guess the same people who pay $1k for a two pinion r190 would pay $80 for a new vs old finned cover.

Some one is going to get a surprise when they receive that cover.... no wonder he kept that pic small, its not even the right cover for a Z mustash bar. It looks to me to be just a plain ol alum cover off a late model R200 (Z32 N/A etc.). Thats a nice way to sell something... show a whole pic of the part you will not get, and show a 1/2 shot of the one you will get.....

• 8 months later...