HybridZ

Explain your screen name choice

alexideways

When I was almost 16 I started looking into Zs for a first car. Zcar.com was the first forum I found with info and thought it a good idea to put the vitals in my screen name, hence mario_83_280ZX_NA

I then lurked here for over a year, and I think I joined when I got my ZXT and decided to install MSnS-E, since my ZXT was priority I changed it to mario_82_zxt.

It's weird because everywhere else I use Mafoose, which I got from two friends, one that wanted to stick me with Mufasa as a nickname, and one that said I was like Foose cuz we were both into overhaulin' and thats pretty much all we talked about during class. I used it as a Halo handle when the first Halo was all the rage, and it stuck since then.

I've thought about changing it here to that.

Mario

Fairly simple... when I finally decided to try posting, like DavyZ, I couldn't think of anything. For some reason I was feeling old that day, so A Grumpy Olphart came into existence-- or Acerbic G. Olphart if you prefer.:icon53:

Was Popeye the strip with a really ugly being in a long straight dress named the Sea Hag? (No, not speaking of Olive Oyl).

<>

Bruce seems like one of those guys that would be funny in real life

- Greg -

He was really funny, but he also came off kind of bitter...maybe because he watched Sam Raimi hit the big time, while nothing he's done has ever really gotten him beyond cult status...I never watched Jack of All Trades, but The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. was one of my favorite shows while it was on! You need to go rent Bubba Ho-tep if you haven't seen it, it may be his best work to date. He plays a guy in a retirement home, that thinks he's Elvis, who traded places with an impersonator, who has to team up with a black guy who thinks he's JFK in order to stop a mummy. Now THAT'S entertainment.

MGMBubbaHoTep500.jpg

A.G. Olphart, are you thinking of Alice the Goon? (who mysteriously never got mentioned in the best cartoon character of all time thread for some inexplicable reason...)

Well I came up with my name as a variation of Lead Foot. My Dad used to get the occasional call from the Highway Patrol to either come and get me outta the emergency room after a crash or to warn him that the Trooper I outran was sure it was me, but didnt get a plate#:D ( I had a knack for unusual easy to identify cars, Like a red 1964 Comet Cyclone in 1985, or the 351w I slapped in a '75 Gremlin in '84 and the 440 Mopar '53 Studebaker PU I built in 87 after almost 2 yrs recovering from the crash of the Comet (flipped it 7 times on Halloween day 1985 running from the law @ 130+....) anyway

I had a knack for oddities and little respect for authority.... still a bit of a problem for me @40yrs old I admit.:banghead:

But Dad would get in my face and tell me my Lead Foot was gonna get my young ass thrown in jail or killed so when I got my first CB my name was Leadfoot. Years later I started building legitimate race cars for myself and called the Team LedPhoot Racing using the variation of LED from "Led Zeppelin" one of my favorite bands, and just to keep it interesting Phoot for foot.

My only other nickname has ever been "Jukebox" because I'm a Karaoke nut and sing all types of music. The DJ at the club where I sing gave me that name and it stuck with many of my friends.

My Exwife calls me Bastard:malebitch and my new wife calls me Boobie when shes h*rn*y :eek:or somethings broken or there's a spider on the wall...LMAO!!!:lmao:

Two40MuscleZ:

1972 240Z, 650+ Hp, 409 "Strong Arm", Old School Dual Tunnel Ram set up, 210 AFR Racing Heads, Cam, Crank, Solids, bored 30+/stroked, polished/blueprinted, ported/relieved, Morrison one off rear 4-Link Clip with narrowed Ford 9"; Currie 4:11 Detroit Locker, tubbed/backhalved, Wilwood Disc brakes, 12 Pt Roll Cage, 29"x18.5"x15" Mickey T's mounted on Centerline15"x15" ConvoPros. Custom one off flairs all the way around; with the rear flairs measuring across 76.5" wide! Plus a crap load of other things too lengthy to mention. Hence the name Two40MuscleZ!

Was Popeye the strip with a really ugly being in a long straight dress named the Sea Hag? (No, not speaking of Olive Oyl).

<>

I think Max is right that the ugly woman was Alice the Goon, and maybe the Sea Hag was the name of the ship???? My brain doesn't go back that far anymore HAHAHAHA! :mrgreen:

Davy

back in 84 when i purchased my z [yes, still have it] it was bone stock. i quickly removed the flattop carbs, manifold and exhaust and bolted on weber downdrafts, header and ansa pipes. sounded tuff but really wasn't much better than stock. i wanted a ny vanity plate, and the only one i found that wasn't taken was; 1 tuff z. had that plate since 85...so i figured that if someone sees my z and the plate they'd put it together with my screen name-here and pretty much everywhere else.

Well I came up with my name as a variation of Lead Foot. My Dad used to get the occasional call from the Highway Patrol to either come and get me outta the emergency room after a crash or to warn him that the Trooper I outran was sure it was me, but didnt get a plate#:D ( I had a knack for unusual easy to identify cars, Like a red 1964 Comet Cyclone in 1985, or the 351w I slapped in a '75 Gremlin in '84 and the 440 Mopar '53 Studebaker PU I built in 87 after almost 2 yrs recovering from the crash of the Comet (flipped it 7 times on Halloween day 1985 running from the law @ 130+....) anyway

I had a knack for oddities and little respect for authority.... still a bit of a problem for me @40yrs old I admit.:banghead:

But Dad would get in my face and tell me my Lead Foot was gonna get my young ass thrown in jail or killed so when I got my first CB my name was Leadfoot. Years later I started building legitimate race cars for myself and called the Team LedPhoot Racing using the variation of LED from "Led Zeppelin" one of my favorite bands, and just to keep it interesting Phoot for foot.

My only other nickname has ever been "Jukebox" because I'm a Karaoke nut and sing all types of music. The DJ at the club where I sing gave me that name and it stuck with many of my friends.

My Exwife calls me Bastard:malebitch and my new wife calls me Boobie when shes h*rn*y :eek:or somethings broken or there's a spider on the wall...LMAO!!!:lmao:

You know it's funny, cops in NC still can't drive to this day. I spent a lot of time in high school with flashing lights fading away in the rear view....

I think Max is right that the ugly woman was Alice the Goon, and maybe the Sea Hag was the name of the ship???? My brain doesn't go back that far anymore HAHAHAHA! :mrgreen:

Davy

Yup, think you're both right...

Considering strange omissions from the cartoon hall of fame, how about Li'l Abner? He didn't do much for me, but I loved it when the runty Indian and his hairy pal checked a new batch of Kickapoo Joy Juice (also, just seeing Daisy Mae could brighten a boy's day).

http://www.olive-drab.com/gallery/description_0037.php

<>

Davy

a pizza on them for their correct answers.........seahag was the name of the ship, and the foogly guy inda dress is the other ............

Last name is Cook and I have a 240z, I am cooks280z on all other sites (in memory of my dearly de-part-ed 280z:mad: that was crushed by the trailer it was being towed on, 220 miles into a 290 mile trip to paint it and install a fiberglass front end:cry2: ) but just got the 240z back from the sandblaster and there is no passenger side engine bay left to weld to :x wife will not let me keep it @#$$%$%^^ she saw it first and flipped out .