HybridZ

Do you have a z and does it actually run?

dr_hunt

Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?

• Don't have z yet! I must get a z, I must get a z!
    • It runs and drives, YeeeHawww!
    • No it doesn't run and I'm posting how long I've been working on it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smokey Z... What did you do with the LT1/T56?

I sold it to purchase the Turbo L6. My friend purchased the LT1 & T56 to go in his 64 ss Chevelle, though the motor is still in my garage on a stand! I'd bet he might would sell if you were interested- plus I would have some space to work!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my 78 in 82. It was down a couple days in 85 for a new head, headers, carbs. Down for 4 months for complete strip, paint and interior last winter. Down for 2 months or so this winter for the LS2/T56 swap. Now- Yeehawwwww! Had a half dozen 240's and 280's too, some ran, some didn't... Oh, and the 05 350 runs when the wife wants to drive it and the weather is good.

I have two. The 240 ran when I bought it 6 years ago, and then I found this site. It hasn't run since.

My 280 also ran when I bought it, but in the process of getting it to run well enough to get smog checked, I started chasing gremlins around the engine bay and now it doesn't run either.

Sometimes I like to sit in them and make engine noises followed by screeching tire noises.....

Mike

What exactly are you trying to say, MIKE?:mrgreen:

WAAAAAYYYYY too much good information on here. What started out as a "simple" engine swap turned into:

"Might as well take care of that rust while I'm at it...."

"Might as well go for the stroker kit while I'm at it...."

"Might as well beef up the chassis by installing a cage, while I'm at it, of course...."

"Might as well try out some of that rustoleum eveyone's been talking about WIAI (While I'm At It)...."

"Carbon fiber can't be that hard, let's make a new dash WIAI...."

Coming up Next:

"That Bugatti is pretty quick and all, but I bet my Z could catch it......":twak:

Mike

• 9 months later...

1. White '72 240Z - Blew the motor at Laguna, new motor on the stand waiting to go in... after I do a little rust repair... while I'm at it...

2. Orange '72 240Z - Bought already disassembled in boxes for restoration "some assembly required". Cage is in and paint is going on, RB25DET on order.

3. Green '72 240Z - Bought as a rolling chassis - LS swap?

4. Burgandy '82 280ZX NA - Blew the motor at Hallett raceway and never got around to fixing it.

5. White '82 280ZX Turbo - Fully disassembled for restoration, paint and interior are complete, turbo sent off to Turbonetics for rebuild and bored out housing and all new internals, boat loads of stuff sent out to powder/ceramic coating and zinc plating.

6. Black/Silver '83 280ZX NA - 24hrs of Lemons candidate looking for a tranny

7. White '83 280ZX Turbo 2+2 rust bucket, bought as a driveline donor currently being driven by a friend with "car and financial" issues.

So, 1 out of 7 currently running under it's own power and I'm not even the one driving it! :(