HybridZ

One more gun

auxilary

should be done processing bg check and picking it up in a week:

title.gif

Going to order a monte carlo stock, ati-type mount for the front sights and turn it into a sportster/scout (although, barrel is a tad long for a scout, but you get the idea).

9130atimount02.JPG

9130atimount01.JPG

Total cost should be about $250 including the gun itself. Bore seems good, and the receiver/bolt/firing pin are in very good condition. Apparently, some big5 stores don't care if you disassemble the bolt right on the counter.

Guest TeamNissan

You know I've been waiting 3 months for my FID card. I have this UNASSEMBLED .50 just begging me.........

How long do these cards usualy take? lol I'm 23 with a spotless record.....

Hey I have the top one, the 8mm mauser. That gun will shoot forever, I'm talking 800 yrds plus. We spent the day shooting it at the knox gun range here in Ky. I think I payed 140 for the gun and 250 rounds on stripper clips. The gun came in the orginal package still covered in cosomline. You have to be careful with the rounds they will you though. I think the powder in them burns very dirty and can foul gun after some heavy firing. But for the money you can't beat them!

I'm having problems with my mauser... I think the bore is shot (no pun intended) and the firing pin is either ground down from use, or is not the right part. Only half of my rounds actually fire, the other half get a nice dent in the primer, but do not ignite. I've tried this with various rounds from different eras, same results. The guy at the range tried my rounds with his yugo48 mauser, and didn't have a single misfire.

Sounds like the next piece in the collection should be an AK-47. I thought about getting one, just out of homage to nasha rodina, but the only ones that I could find were Romanian or Chinese!

dunno about nasha rodina... i left it for a reason :) ok, horosho, za nashu rodinu

Dude, I have an M44, it's fun. And opening the ammo cans with a giant can-opener has a novelty all it's own.

Have you thought about getting a C&R? For me it was the same price as one transfer, and less trouble. I think I bought 9 or 10 rifles with it before letting it expire - most of them were in awesome shape and less than 100$ mailorder.

Aux, the first thing to do with the mauser would be to tear down the bolt and make sure there isn't any grease/dirt/gunk that is slowing or cushioning the firing pin. After that check the firing pin protusion, if that's OK check the headspace. If it all checks OK, you might need some different ammo. Some of the surplus stuff has some super hard primers.

John

i tried yugo 70s ammo, 50s turk ammo, egyptian 60s ammo, etc. same result. i have dismantled the bolt completely and cleaned it and reoiled it. There's no cosmoline left anywhere. I think it's the firing pin protrusion that's causing the problem, and I haven't checked the headspace yet - don't have the tool for it anyway.

It's a 1908 model retooled per 1938 spec, the production date is 1943. It's a K.Kale edition. I think the bore on it is toast as well, because when it did shoot, I couldn't hit targets for ♥♥♥♥ :)

Then again, it could've been misaligned sights. I'm going to take it to the range when my 91/30 is ready and test it out at the same time.