HybridZ

What do you guys think of these rims on a Z?

I don't know if they would look good on a Z or not. Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-18-X-9-RUNS-WHEELS-5-LUG-4-LUG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43958QQihZ014QQitemZ330089341192QQrdZ1

The offsets are +43 on both sizes. I would think you'd be looking at a pretty wide adapter to make it fit. Do you think you could get them to fit under stock fenders?

The offsets are +43 on both sizes. I would think you'd be looking at a pretty wide adapter to make it fit. Do you think you could get them to fit under stock fenders?

yeah, i know thats a huge offset, i wanted to put them under stock fenders with maybe zg flares, or forget the maybe, it'd have to be with some type of flare. when i first saw em they reminded me of lowrider wire wheels and i hated em, but the more i saw em the more they grew on me, so i don't know. theres a few other 18's on ebay cheaper, but these are work rims so......

anyways, reason i want 18's is cause 1. i think they look good on a z, and 2. just the other day i got 4 225/40zr18 nitto 555R's for 20 bucks! 95% tread on em, still got the nipples, only thing wrong was one of them had a nail right in the middle of the contact patch but discount tire patched it for free for me....damn rich people don't know what they have some times.............$600+ in tires for 20 bucks, i love craigslist!

yeah, i know thats a huge offset, i wanted to put them under stock fenders with maybe zg flares, or forget the maybe, it'd have to be with some type of flare. when i first saw em they reminded me of lowrider wire wheels and i hated em, but the more i saw em the more they grew on me, so i don't know. theres a few other 18's on ebay cheaper, but these are work rims so......

anyways, reason i want 18's is cause 1. i think they look good on a z, and 2. just the other day i got 4 225/40zr18 nitto 555R's for 20 bucks! 95% tread on em, still got the nipples, only thing wrong was one of them had a nail right in the middle of the contact patch but discount tire patched it for free for me....damn rich people don't know what they have some times.............$600+ in tires for 20 bucks, i love craigslist!

I think the width of the wheels are just inbetween what you would use to fit under stock fenders and what you would use with ZG flares. I think you could go with a wider rim if you wnat to go the flares route. It may be a little too wide, but if it could fit under stock fenders then it may be worth it.

I think a staggered setup would be a good way to get more meat on the back of a stock fendered Z without having to worry about being too wide on the front. They have some 240SX staggered wheel auctions on eBay that I've been wondering about. Is it possible to fit a 9" wide wheel under stock fenders?

I've got 17s on mine (sometimes), and I know I personally wouldn't want to go any bigger than that. I'm not feeling these very much either...SSR made a turbine wheel that looked pretty sweet. I saw them on ebay once, but they aren't very common at all. Here's a car that's wearing them:

83_SKYLINE_SUPER_SILHOUETTE_HIROS_CAR-2.JPG

veritech, you crazy..........lol, you just had to post a pic of a dr30, aka the same car my fj20 came out of....lol, its cool, i gotta say i love hybridz, and gotta thank alot of people on this site, lotta good people. few more days left on the rims, we'll see whats up :)

If it was me, I'd steer clear. Yeah they're different, but not really in a good way. there are other choices on ebay that would look decent, and be rare because they ARE desirable...like these:

aab.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-IMPUL-15-RIMS-240SX-S13-DATSUN-510-240Z-AE86_W0QQitemZ140086055431QQihZ004QQcategoryZ43955QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

okay, these are 5 lug, but....

DSC05450.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-ADVAN-ONI-17-wheels-rims-S13-S14-RX7-Nissan-240sx_W0QQitemZ300083017383QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43957QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

6bd4_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-WORK-WHEELS-14-X-6-S13-AE86-510-4-LUG-COROLLA_W0QQitemZ330089341090QQihZ014QQcategoryZ43956QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway, you get the idea...most of these are smaller than 18", actually, all of them are smaller than 18"...but that's what you get when you ask other people to tell you what they think. I'm sure whatever you pick will make you happier with your car, and really that's what it's all about.