HybridZ

Top three HYBRID dream cars?

Guest l28et

Guest l28et

Assuming you had the means to build 3 hybrids (within reason) what would they be? Z cars excluded of course.

800ish HP LSx powered twin turbo E31 (8 series) BMW.

850cs_exterior.jpg

1000hp, AWD, RB26 powered E36 (White, gold Volks, gold cage, big FMIC, stock body.)

E36M3Evocoupeandcab-1.jpg

Huge turbo'd K20A powered Attack kit car

attack-k1-10.jpg

Oh there are a few more out there but lets limit it to three so everyone gets a chance. Please post pics of an example of your hybrid platform..

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I'll start with one...

I think a car built similar to this E30 BMW would be a hoot... under 2200lbs, and about 450hp...

Orang_GreenM3s.jpg

69w6.jpg

69w5.jpg

69w2.jpg

There are a few things I'd do differently. But the concept is pretty close.

Of course a 'must have' would be an LS7.... perfect... sub 2200lbs with 550 easy HP.

Well, I would have said an E31 too, but I'd go with the new M5's V10, cause I have easy access to all the parts.

I'd also go with an 71 Camaro with something like DOHC twin turboed Lexux V8

And it's kind of pretty funny, cause I also once thought about the Attack with a K20 instead of the H22, but while we are there, let's go with a K24 bottom with K20A head and a small, fast spooling turbine...

Since two of my coices are allready yours, I'll go with a fourth one... I'd like one of them second gen MR2 with a supercharged V6.

Ok, one more. A first gen. Celica with an Altezza's 3SGTE and a Miata rear subframe for it's independent rear suspention, rear discs and diff. package.

• Administrators
Wow ^^^. I was gonna say E30 with a latter M3 motor...

You mean like Andreas's car...

jun11.jpg

maj3.jpg

With 950hp...

950.jpg

Last I knew, he was at 963hp. Run's 10.4's at the strip.

To clarify, its not a later M3 six. Its a 3.8 (M50 I believe) out of a 5-series coupled to a T-56.

Well, I'd build the world's SECOND rotary DeLorean, here's the first:

http://www.eliseusa.com/rotary.htm

mycar.jpg

3rotor2.jpg

models_2.jpg

Then, I'd have to say Pantera with a Ford GT drivetrain would be pretty sweet...(I don't think this car has any kind of swap, just a picture for those who may or may not know about the Pantera)

pantera_avant.jpg

And of course, the ultimate Hybrid:

2jz2000gt815xr.jpg

2jz2000gt50wu.jpg

I'll take two please!

I think i'd have to have an LS1 powered Volvo wagon.. (think OLD 144 or early 240) obviously lowered/shaved bumpers and blacked out..

Maybe a VW Corrado with a full awd drivetrain/motor swap (Audi A8 perhaps? and turbo of course...)

And yes, a Pantera will do just fine. :)

My first suggestion would be a Rotary powered Spitfire.

I know it's been done, in fact Grassroots MotorSports magazine built one.

Heres the link to the webpage documenting part of the project:

http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com/archives/rospit.html

The M3s have been taken so I won't re-submit those but I love those in RonTyler's post. I LOVE those cars.

What about a Ferrari 308 GT with an LS1. Very sexy lines that begged for a real drive train and suspension.

C3 Corvette (1969) with C6 suspension and drivetrain. Classic lines with modern handling and power.

There are so many it's hard to limit it to just 3.

I really liked the 914 with the Suby engine suggestion. Great handling, quirky looks that also begged for more power.

Wheelman

my 3 swaps would be to just piss everyone off and to make the purists send me death threats.

1) mk IV supra with a TT ls1, because each time the idea of this comes up on supraforums everyone says it would be the worst thing to do and that the 2jz is the greatest engine ever created.

2) old corvette with said 2jz swaped into it for same affect to the am-ur-can purists.

3) a Ferrari f430 with a toyota prius drive train in it.

Honda element with the K24/K20a/turbo. cause it would be fun to have a high hp box.

Not terribly a hybrid, but the 2jz IS300 would be a good one

Something hot roddish, like a 36 ford or chevy coupe, with a duramax diesel

VW rocco with the audi 4 cam V8.... in the back

Lotus7/caterham w/TDI

any vintage micro car *that I fit in* with a gsxr1300, rear mount of course

Thats all I got now.... I may think of more

I've always wanted a 1980s Mercedes 300SD with a big block in it. A VERY big block. Nice, big cruising car, 126 body, very comfortable. Largest engine they came with was 5 liters, and something mean under the hood with that "Turbo Diesel" badge on the back would be great. I'll see if I can dig up pictures of my old 83 300SD.

Guest 280ZForce
Honda element with the K24/K20a/turbo. cause it would be fun to have a high hp box.

Not terribly a hybrid, but the 2jz IS300 would be a good one

I've seen a Honda Fit w/ a K24 or K20 swap in it, was pulling down 12s in the 1/4 and handled like a champ on the road courses.

I've personally seen a IS300 go through a 2jz turbo swap. It looked bad ass, it was prolly like 3 years ago or so and I can't seem to find the pics of it that i had.

Guest l28et

Im sure with an ungodly amount of money this would be possible..

Widebody 350Z with a G nose style body kit, two stroked RB26s matted together with a custom crank/cams/etc to create a huge inline 12 with two giant turbos. AWD? Who knows... but the ultimate wangan car.

Not really the ultimate, but cool none the less.

This car is pretty much legendary here in Kansas City.

Quoted from local car forum:

"So tell me this ... when you race a Festiva, do you either a) brag about "beating a festiva" or B) tell your buddy you "kicked a Festiva's butt"? You know, either way, you're going to look like a loser, so you might as well not talk about it. When Tim first came to me after buying a $400 car, and said the bugger was going to go 12's, I knew it was going to be COTM material. If there is one person in KC that is going to get a Festiva to go 13's or faster - it would be Tim. Funny thing is that Tim has been having so much fun with this little 4 banger, that he never gets a chance to bring out his real race car (10sec Monte Carlo). So, without more delay, I give you Tim R's daily driven Turbo Festiva (and no he didn't even clean it for photos).

Engine Mods:

Mazda B6T Swap

K&N

2 ½" Exhaust

Corksport ECU

Nitrous (can't use with current clutch)

Suspension Mods:

Front Suspension Limiters

It's a Festiva, what can you really do?

Brakes:

Stock, SP Crossdrilled & slotted rotors

(Not for looks this thing really doesn’t stop!)

Interior / Ice:

Procharger boost gauge

Wheels / Tires:

Capri XR2 15x7 wheels 195.50.15 "

08.jpg

05.jpg

03.jpg