HybridZ

soo I got pulled over today..

proxlamus©

Remember you just played your one free "Get out of Jail Card"...

Also, there is a great difference between State, Local PD's and SO's. I especially love to watch the "Rookie Fish" when they are doing a traffic stop! You are correct in your assumption that there are just and unfortunately unjust ones as well. But, after pounding the pavement all day, to have some dip S**t kid get or do something stupid, especially just prior to the end of his shift...well, the individual is just asking to be stopped and counseled. Hopefully, you know better now.

I really don't have a prob with it, I respect, but please will an officer from El Paso please get me off the stupid mailing list?? (I was driving home across country, got a ticket in El Paso, 70 in a 60, was going with traffic), but it's alright, I was speeding, I'm guilty, so I pay the ticket when I got home 3 days later. I went online, found my violation at the city website, and paid it online. The thing I'm pissed off about is that now every law firm, every creditor, every bail bondsman, every bank, and every pizza place in El Paso is sending me junk mail...to Pennsylvania. I thought using the official city website would avoid this, but I guess it's a new technique. Speed in Texas if you're out of state, fine we give your address to telemarketers and spammers, that'll teach ya good!

All I can say is.....spamming the violator to death is definitely working.....you will more likely hit a unicorn that jumped in front of your car and get impaled on it's horn than see me driving through the great state of texas ever again.

283Z, I'm right there with you. I was driving home from a club in Dallas a couple months ago, at a rather sedate 42mph-ish on what I thought was a 40mph zone. It was 4am, I had to get up for work at 8am, and my temp liscense (from CA) was two days from expiring, so I was NOT looking to give anyone and excuse to pull me over. as I was cresting a hill, a cop cresting it from the other direction saw me, turned on his lights, turned around and slapped me with 54 in a 35. Now, It was my first ticket for anything, and I played the events over and over in my head, and there is NO WAY he could have accurately clocked me unless 1: he had his radar gun pointed at that side of the road whilst driving, or 2: I was anywhere NEAR 54mph. Most cops are alright, but this guy...

It was actually one of the reasons I left Texas. That, and if you're not driving a pickup, you're a speedbump, and will be treated accordingly...

I've been pulled over with my Denver Police sweatshirt or Polo on and they have let me off with a warning (several times and once in Kansas). You can get one downtown. The key is to be respectful and don't ever pretend to be a cop. Admit it if they ask. You just wear the shirt and usually they don't ask. The guy in Kansas was so bold as to tell me 'professional courtesy'. It was tough explaining that to my kid though...

I'm going down soon, so let me know and I can pick one up for you.

State Troopers are the worst, especially in NC. I got pulled last Friday and I swear the cops tagged the wrong car. Three cars on the road I'm doing 67 (And yes I've checked my speedo it's accurate) behind a little early 80s honda and another car coming up behind me pretty quick. I saw the cop turn around in the uturn lane and thought nothing of it. I figured ok he's got this guy coming up behind me. As the car pulls up to my bumper the cop pulls up to his and tails him so I pull into the right hand lane. They stayed at my rear left for a while and my turn was coming up so I pulled back into the left lane. As I pulled over the cop pulls around and flys past both of us. Right as I pull into the turn lane he slams on his brakes and swings from the right lane all the way over to the turn lane, nearly clipped my bumper and cut the guy behind me off to the point he locked up all four tires. The cop follows me across the highway then pulls me over. We're all so confused the car in front of me pulls over too. He sites me for 73 in a 55. I had to ask him if he was sure he had the right car, and the guy actually stepped back and looked at my car like he never really paid attention before, then he shook his head and said yes. I said, but the car behind me was catching up to me pretty quick and I know I wasn't doing 73. He said, nope the car behind you was doing 67, you were doing 73, you can plead your case in court. I kept thinking, yeah that makes a lot of sense. The car behind me is gaining on me but at the same time going slower than I am. Guess being the only sports car in the three out there I get the ticket of course. Get to fight this one on the 19th. If he wants to write me another one for the correct speed that's fine, I'll plea guilty and ask for a Prayer for Judgement, but I'm not going to accept a 73 in a 55. I hate State Troopers. They all act like they're God's gift to the world.

I've been there, Naviathan...

Been pulled over twice for mistaken identity on base when I was drive a white 240sx. There were six white 240's on base at the time, and one jerk in a 240sx hatchback kept ruining life for the rest of us. The MP couldn't understand the difference between a coupe and a hatchback...

A ticket's one thing, but knowing several 240sx owners who have to stand tall in front of "The Man" once a month is REALLY annoying.

On the flip side, I have been driving in an expediant manner when I've passed a cop, only to have him pull over someone else when he caught up. I only hope they were able to get off.

Guest Crispy Chicken
ahhh, same thing happened to me in work van. making right hand turn from residental street on to 45 mph road. as far as i could tell, i wasn't on it. van is loaded down, ladders on overhead racks. i had already seen the cop in the camaro running radar about 150 yrds behind me. van is moving about 25 mph. radio's on loud. i get all the lights, sirens.

WTF ???

pull over. as i said, i knew he was there.

no real idea what he wants, figure is going around me. pulls in behind me.

won't tell me why pulled me over. keeps insisting that i know full well. is rookie cop ( i've work same area for 26 yrs, recoginize most of the deputies ). says, wants to write me for exhibition of speed. decides to give me ticket for unsafe start.

i sign the promise to appear line on the ticket.

as he walks back to his camaro, he turns back to me, looks in the window, tells me ... i expect this from the young punks around here ( he's maybe barely 26 ) but, not from an old fart like you ( i was 50 at the time ) and laughs.

can't fight these things. paid the fines and went to traffic school.

See the problem like in schools. Is the government and states don't want to pay for good quality people to work. As far as traffic cops. Their job is at the lowest level of pay in government law . All though we need them. You end up getting a large 90-95 percentage of stupid ignorant worthless crap patrolling the streets. Most of which would end up being bus drivers or something if weren't a traffic cop. Most capable individuals that want to uphold the law end up becoming detectives, capitol police, defense criminal investigators, FBI, ATF, DEA, CIA, EPA and so forth. All though we have some good deputies patrolling the streets. Most of them are crap. That is why you got pulled over in your work van and ticketed for nothing.

The situation is similar in health care in canada. People in the US think canada is this great place for having free health care. What they don't realize is the government doesn't want to pay ♥♥♥♥. So most of the doctors working and practices are at a low level. It also takes 10 times as long to get normal procedures done. A lot of canadians come to the us to get surgeries and other procedures performed. This is all because the federal liberals in canada decided to pass the canada health act, which made medical coverage a basic human right in canada. Now the canadian healthcare system is currently threatening to collapse of its own inertia.

Anyway, there will always be a huge percentage stupid incompetent cops roaming our streets as long as our government limits earning potential. Nothing we can do. Worthless brain damaged traffiic cops are just another thing we to have to deal with.

If your just show respect to cops, treat them like they are God, admit that you screwed up big time and broke the law, and make sure you show them that they are right, you can get away with a lot of things. Here's my story:

The 3rd day I got my 240z one of my buddies who is also lives down the street came over to check out it out. So we go for a ride, and I see his older brother in his 350z go past a turn. So I just say, let me catch up and say whats up, maybe race.

Now, the area I live in is always empty, I haven't seen a cop in over 3 years in the neighborhood, plus the roads are very wide and safe. Yes, I am also 16, but I'm not like the other dumba$$ 16-year olds. I actually know what I'm doing if I ever decide to hit the canyons. When I see some of my classmates who haven't had their license for a month, driving their mom's cars doing 60+ on 35mph streets I feel like slapping them, especially when they don't even know how to use the 3, 2, and 1st gears in their automatic cars. (agh...idiots)

Anyways, so when I see my friends brother, I almost red-line 1st, keep going a little into 2nd, shift to 3rd and cruise, heel-n-toe down to 2nd, take a turn relatively fast, almost red-line 2nd and cruise in 3rd. I meet him at a stop sign, say whats up and everything, and right before we have our engines revving ready to launch, cop lights are flashing behind me. Mind you, if he came 1 second later we would've taken off and both of us would have been dicked for street racing.

So he pulls up behind me, with the P.A. system "Pull over". Ok. "Turn the vehicle off." Ok. "Throw the keys out the window" (wtf) Ok. "Passenger hands on the dash, driver hands on the steering wheel, don't move!" I'm just like Okkk, what the hell did I do. By the way, my speedometer didn't work at the time, plus the speed limit is 45mph, and I thought I was going around 55-ish.

So I'm thinking what I'm going to do, because Its the 3rd day I have the car, I don't have it registered, I don't have plates, and I don't even have insurance on the damn thing. All I had was my license.

So he comes up, opens my door and yells in my face(with some spit too) "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?!" I say my speedo doesn't work, I realize it's my responsibility to have it in proper working order, but its the 3rd day I had the car plus I had to fix my left headlight and my taillights. I start saying how I know what I did was wrong, blah blah blah, I'm completely wrong and stupid and you are right and almighty. He takes my license, goes back to his car, comes back.

He says how he can impound my car, suspend my license for a year, give me a speeding ticket worth $450+, give a ticket for having a minor on me, plus not having plates, registration, or insurance. At the moment I was just like whatever, the only way this can get worse is if I was drunk. I just said to myself whatever happens happens.

He makes me call my mom and he talks to her. Comes back and says "your getting off with a warning, your lucky your moms a nice lady." He then says how he wouldn't hesitate to ticket a "punk" 16 year old like me, but i acted maturely and respected him. Btw, my mom told me that he supposedly clocked me going 74mph. Which I think is complete BS. I go through that street every morning and every night and I KNOW how fast is 75mph on that street. Plus I wasn't even that close to red-lining 2nd before I shifted to 3rd and let off.

So ya, its something to laugh at when you look back on it.

Wow cool vid funny. Cali drivers are dumb lol. In my state Minnesota it's that bad too. Hate describes it best. Here people just give you the middle finger if you don't drive "perfect?". Lots of road rage and it's growing for sure compared to when I was a kid. The horn is another new thing discovered in the last five years, and now used for everything. Nobody helps stranded motorists unless youre a hot young chick someone might get to take advantage of. The rest are left to die on the freeway, that's the additude. No bull.

• 3 years later...

Lol the only cop encounters I had recently was up on the SR-99 by seattle, admittantly I was out cruising in the z at 2am or so playing with other cars.

Went into a gas station to fill up, two cops come in the parking lot. looking at my car, looking at a clip board, repeat... then the other one walks into the store and he comes up to me and goes how are you doin tonight? I simply replied good, (i think that was his sober,respectful answer test question) and then he goes, you got the big sway bars on that thing to? I was like, yes, yes I do and kinda chuckled. and then we proceeded to BS about how he used to have a Z car and him and his partner used to go street race everyone in it, (he couldn't have been more than 30, and he was mentioning it was turbo'd so Im thinking early 90's) and then his partner comes out of the store and uses the ultimate line I have ever heard from a cop, I kid you not, he goes "****, I'd say we gotta go back to work but theres to many hondas out racing around with **** cans hanging off the back and I'd rather have a beer." He was holding a pack of keystone hahahahahaha. My friend got out of the car and was like you guys remind me of superbad, they just looked at him clueless as to what that was. My friend, being the dumbass that he was goes, yeah we were out racing this honda earlier, it sounded like ass when the VTEECCCC kicked in, they both chuckled and told me to make sure I won those races from now on XD

but then again, ive never met a cop that wasnt friendly in seattle, so kudos to you SPD :)

I got pulled over one morning by the Riverside Co Sheriff for 'taking off pertty quickly' and then he stated the speed limit on the road was 45mph.

I countered that Office Husband of the CHP stated all these roads were a 55mph limit (which I did not exceed) when I was the victim of a swoop-and-squat two years ago.

Sheriff Deputy didn't know how to take that one. Gulped, mumbled something and walked away to his cruiser.

Guess the CHP trumps the Sheriff. Or he realized I wasn't some dumb bumpkin that could be buffaloed into admitting I was breaking the speed limit when I wasn't.

"Blow Me, Joe!" :P

I sold my S2000 for this very reason. I was a cop magnet in a Modified Honda... Decided to ditch the brand and go for older cars... hopefully I'll be able to have my modern import kick with less hassle from the cops... although this thread scares me.

I was pulled over within 45 minutes one night for "Loud Exhaust" in the S2K - Which was stock, and then later for "Fast Acceleration", said he heard me accelerate and it sounded like I was racing (against no one on an empty road and didn't even break 50 in a 55, as I was already paranoid after the first stop). Then, I got kicked by a drunk motorcyclist 30 minutes after that and ended up in the back of a police car going to identify the guy where the cops caught up to him. That night I decided the car needed to go.

My Honda Buddy was pulled over two weeks ago twice, with the second stop within 10 minutes of the first stop - One State, One Local. He makes the mistake of driving his girl's dropped red civic after midnight... This is his girlfriends car...

130_0904_01_z2000_honda_civic_siside_view.jpg

guess they were looking for streetracers... The car matches the profile. I'd never drive it around at night just due to the magnet it is for police.

I got pulled over on Emergency Leave in 1986 back in Michigan by a county sheriff. Says he got me on radar doing 65 in a 45. (In my VW Microbus, uphill!)

I looked at him totally shocked and incredulously asked:

"In THIS?!?!?!?"

Deputy took a step back, looked at my bus, said 'Yeah, I guess you're right! Have a nice day!' and went back to the cruiser and started fiddling with the Radar Gun.

I was doing 65. I had a turbocharged 2110CC Blowthrough Engine in it at the time that made probably 250HP. But images die hard, and..."It's such a quiet little car, and so cute!" Muahahahahaha!

Speaking of Huntington Beach, they are preparing to assess a $300 "Crash Tax" as the local talk radio screamers are fond of tagging it. Basically, if you aren't from the city, and are at fault for an accident, they bill you for the emergency response.

I can see this one in court: "I didn't ASK for them to come, I didn't AUTHORIZE this response. Why should I pay? This is like stamps sent to me 'on approval'---I didn't solicit it, didn't WANT it, but they (under color of authority) FORCED ME TO SUBMIT TO THEIR TREATMENT. I was fully capable of calling my own tow truck, my son could have come get me!"