HybridZ

Any mountain bikers?

veritech-z

I've got my share of bumps bruises scars and broken bones. I started BMX in the early 80's freestyle, ramps, racing and moved into MB. I am now older and wiser. I've done some stupid things on bikes. We were building wooden ramps and quarterpipes in the woods back in the late 80's. Things have certainly evolved, including me. You won't catch me doing that stuff anymore. Nice video. Even bigfoot caught some action!

Before I left for college in the fall I put in about 200+ miles on my mountain bike on pretty good technical trails.

Not the insane stuff but enough to get your heart pumping...

But then I go riding down a bike lane and break my jaw into 4 pieces...lol

This ought to keep you busy: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/

I haven't been keeping up with the MTB scene as of late, but used to be you could download 1/2 hour TV shows from Pink Bike. Street stuff with guys hopping from park bench to park bench, riding backwards down stairs, etc, all the North Shore stuff, just all around craziness.

I like a nice trail ride with a few log crossings, but some of those guys are friggin ridiculous!!!

back in the 90's i was a pro road racer and was semi pro on the mountain bike. we would do several of the world cup events when they were in the area. iron horse in durango, tahoe, mamouth ect. hans ray was the man. that dude was card carrying crazy. trials riding. i saw some footage of him in moab utah that if he missed, he would not be found. i knew several frinds that would do that stuff but my paycheck depended on me NOT getting hurt doing something stupid and not making the next race. i just could not let myself do that kind of riding. i like what skin i have left thank you and did not need an extra er bill. cool vid.

jimbo

I raced BMX for five years untill I bought my Camaro, I was 16 expert when I quit in 02. I accomplished alot during my run, I was number four in the nation and number one for the North East Region a couple times. I've really been looking to get back into it, I had a great time, but I sold my bike a few years back to buy a 12 bolt rear for the Camaro. One thing is for sure though, there's nothing like floating through a rythem section. I have a bunch of racing video, but it's on tape, anyone know how to get that onto a computer?

yeah the trails here in vancouver are very crazy, 20 feet up on 6" wide wooden planks, then go over a tee-ter-totter. there is one local norco rider who does them on a unicycle. theres prolly video somewhere of those team norco guys. its just normal to us!!

I raced BMX for five years untill I bought my Camaro, I was 16 expert when I quit in 02. I accomplished alot during my run, I was number four in the nation and number one for the North East Region a couple times. I've really been looking to get back into it, I had a great time, but I sold my bike a few years back to buy a 12 bolt rear for the Camaro. One thing is for sure though, there's nothing like floating through a rythem section. I have a bunch of racing video, but it's on tape, anyone know how to get that onto a computer?

get a tv tuner for your comp and connect it to the VCR

For those that may be interested, Nathan Rennie and some friends ran into my brother in the Oakland Hills while riding. Unfortunately, I wasn't there, but apparently, he's better in person than what you see in the videos.

I'm an avid MTBer....been at it since 1988 on a regular basis (at least four days a week anyway). Before that it was the roadie deal. The more technical the better I say! In the last 18 months I and many of my riding partners have added single speed bikes to out stable (my ride is a COVE Hummer XC converted to a single speed using the ENO rear hub) . My first responce, when asked about getting into the SS deal was.....Uh, why would I want to do that??? Well, that feeling went away quickly once I got to doing it and now it has become a regular deal twice a week. Yeah, its certainly more effort but the upper body workout is great as I'm out of the saddle 75% of the time. I'm running a 32/16 and can manage most any SoCal terrain, all except the super steep uphills....go figure! Riding the SS has pumped up the fun factor to the level I remember when I first started riding MTBs. By the way, my geared bike is a Ventana X5....an amazing bike! Like we always say....keep the rubber side down! I'm 55 years old and I've just never been able to get the playing-in-the-dirt thing out of my system...love the two wheel vehicle thing alot and that includes my Honda CRF450R, set-up for desert riding.

Tom

Been for many years, and have five mountainbikes in the collection right now. I honestly got burned out road and mountain cycling and took the last two years off... That said, I've got 2.5 miles of single and doubletrack on my property and behind it... I'll me dusting off the bike in the AM tomorrow... Been a long time...

I raced back in the late 90s/2000-2002 timeframe, did some 12 hour endurance solo racing, and team endurance racing, and placed 3rd overall in the Mid-atlantic race series in 1999. Have a bunch of medals and trophies for the effort, lots of worn out bike parts, and lots and lots of scar tissue from the many impacts...

Mike

I've got my share of bumps bruises scars and broken bones. I started BMX in the early 80's ...

I started before that in the late '70's (I feel old!) when Mongoose & Panda bikes were the rage. Shortly after that it was PK Ripper, Race Inc, Diamondback, Kuahara, etc. My nicest bike was a Race Inc, which was the absolute bomb at the time. I have scars from that time, especially my shins and elbows from "rat-trap" pedals (early bikes when we were poor) and from nasty spills. It was knarly, Dude! :2thumbs:

Davy