HybridZ

z31 or miata

kdouze

Being in college myself, I would personally go Z31. Not because it is gay. I just don't like the miata look. Plus the Z31 can look so bad ass and tough. Alot of my friends with Z31's that are tastefully done get alot of comments about them. I love the convertable wind in the hair thing, but not for every day. Personally, I think you should wait for a Z32... or look harder.

My roomate has a Z32 with 180k on it N/A in pretty good condition (has a small swipe on drivers and pass side), runs strong, clean title, costed him $3100.

Or... Get a Foxbody. :)

wow, thanks for the quick responses. i thought i would get more flack posting this on a Z forum. i have looked into both cars and the miata makes a little more sense, i am 6'2" so that might be a probem with a miata but i have heard i would fit snugly yet comfortably. in response to why dont i get a 240z, i would love to, but i dont have a place to work on it thus could not do it justice. i cant afford insurance on a z32 or id wait. the z31 would probably be n/a for simlicity and, again, insurance. ill post my decision soon :)

I couldn't work the clutch pedal...the car's just too small for me (6'5")...my knee would hit the steering wheel everytime I had to shift. It might be do-able for me with an auto, but I'd never own an auto equipped sportscar!

If gas prices are an issue, go with the Miata. I'm not so sure about the "gay" thing. Working in San Francisco, I can tell you that the Miata isn't the car of choice...

...it's whatever Aux is driving currently :mrgreen:

JUST KIDDING! C'MON ALEX, lighten up. Only a joke, man.

Davy

I think innitially you would like the Miate better. After driving around wedging yourself into it, not being able to carry anything, i.e. groceries, luggage etc., you would like the z31 better. Not sure how often you would be able to take advantage of the "more spirited" driving available with the Miata. In traffic, for everyday driving, I vote z31. And, it isn't like the z31 is a road block, and it does have t-tops for open air fun.

I used to transport kegs with my miata...

They fit nicely on the deck behind the seats.

I drove around for longer than I needed to because of the "how the ♥♥♥♥?" expression on peoples faces. :coollook:

I don't have any pics here on my laptop. I'll see if I can find some on monday.

Id go miata man. My dad has one for his fun car and I took it on Portland International Raceway and beat it up and it loved it. Car that loves red line. Throw a T3 on it, coilovers and you got yourself a quick car. Yea a lot of people say they are gay and girly but ask them if they like civics? They say yea why?? Then you say... I rest my point. and later on if you really get tired of people telling you wow your car is a chicks car and your not on a budget anymore, get yourself some black paint, black wheels and a LS1. Get back to them and take a picture of him in the passenger seat when he pisses his pants.

I have a Turbo Miata engine in my 323 and it will run circles around a Z31 NA and even a slightly modded Turbo Z31 plus I get 32mp/g if I take it easy.

I am going to rebuild the engine and I am shooting for 220hp by the end of summer.

I say Miata (although I think Turbo Z31s Coupes are sexxy).

Yasin

I have a Turbo Miata engine in my 323 and it will run circles around a Z31 NA and even a slightly modded Turbo Z31 plus I get 32mp/g if I take it easy.

I am going to rebuild the engine and I am shooting for 220hp by the end of summer.

I say Miata (although I think Turbo Z31s Coupes are sexxy).

Yasin

Have any pics of the 323? I've seen a few of them around, and the AWD version can move!

anyone seen corky romano?

dude, unless you're going to go balls out on a miata and track it, get a z.

sure, most of the looks i get in my 73 are from chicks my mom's age (i'm in college too), but it's something to be driving a z. there just aren't that many of them.

i was a cheerleader in highschoolstart of college, i don't care about 'that guy must be gay because ___' comments, i just like Zs a lot more.