Carbon Fiber rear taillight panel

aziza z

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea steve supplies msa. he put it in his other thread.

I must have overlooked that. congratulations on coming up with something good enough for a big time supplier to want to sell it. I hope to be getting a set soon, gotta get it running first tho lol.

Here you go......As it turned out I was the first to order the CF panels and am the first to post my install.

I apogize for the crapy pics but the lighting was poor abd I was rushing the shots.....

Before.........

CFTaillightpanels001.jpg

after

CFTaillightpanels023.jpg

CFTaillightpanels022.jpg

Took a bit of work but no big deal, how to make it better?.....include a few pieces of adhesive CF sheet to hide the spot above the license plate and under the hatch when open.

The only other thing is that the right tail light hole is not cut square to the tail light position, I hope I can adjust the tailight by tilting and tightening it up.

I like!:mparty:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey guys ive read through the thread and all but the guys who is making this.....why not a full panel? and have you considered some of the things (i think paulo was his name) over at aeroworks? or getting molds from him maybe....i mean i really think you have enough people out there that would buy the flares, that FULL back panel that he sells, and i would love to get that front lip thats on that site too....and the lip would fit all year models....just some food for thought and money in your pocket because i for one am going to buy all of that....but like others have said no answer on the phone and ive read the other thread about that guy and it looks like he pretty much went under....but if ppl produced the stuff i would buy it especially at the pricing he has....its a good deal think about it please -jeff

hey guys ive read through the thread and all but the guys who is making this.....why not a full panel? and have you considered some of the things (i think paulo was his name) over at aeroworks? or getting molds from him maybe....i mean i really think you have enough people out there that would buy the flares, that FULL back panel that he sells, and i would love to get that front lip thats on that site too....and the lip would fit all year models....just some food for thought and money in your pocket because i for one am going to buy all of that....but like others have said no answer on the phone and ive read the other thread about that guy and it looks like he pretty much went under....but if ppl produced the stuff i would buy it especially at the pricing he has....its a good deal think about it please -jeff

Yea he was on here selling those one piece panels and other parts. The problem with a one peice panel is they never fit just right. These cars are over 30 years old and many have been in accidents tweaking the body. Also Paula was shipping out parts that didn't fit and very very slow with his responses and refunds. I think some people even lost money, thats why his thread locked.

welll.....i got on the site last night....placed an order last nite and clicked the print and call button instead of paying...left my phone number and told him i wanted some products and to give me a call...this morning he called said he had 2 of the 3 parts in and would give me a call in the 5-7 days it took to make the other one and then would take payment then....if i pay thru paypal i have no way of losing money....and i asked him about refunding and he said itf i wasnt happy with the part he would make another or i could just come look at them when i was back out here in cali (i live in dallas) so looks like its changed and maybe hes back on his feet...he also mentioned that he had a friend that was going to bring him a real set of zg flares and he would be able to make a set in carbon in a month or 2 so ill give him a shot and let everyone know how it goes and fitment....he also said something about cutting me a small deal...if i took pics for his site after i installed the parts on my z....and frankly i went this route because i dont like to fab...i can i just dont like to and i dont like the 240 lights...i mean i have a 280 for a reason ya know? but ill keep everyone informed