HybridZ

S30 Interior Clone examples

nakagusukumike

I have seen Joels S30 on vildinis page which has a completely immaculate 240SX interior swap (Dash/center console). If the 240SX swap turned out so clean then I'm hoping if I convert my car to RHD (I'm permanently relocating to Japan in 3 weeks) that a silvia swap will still be able to fit quite nicely. Then I started to think about it and remembered that my R32 skylines I had when I was there before werent that far off from the silvia.

So I was wondering if anyone has done an R32 GT-R or Silvia swap.

Please post pictures of any "Hybrid Interiors" :mrgreen:

- Mike

Here's Joels S30 with 240SX Interior:

21.JPG

29.JPG

GREAT work!

A guy in Australia made a hybrid dash from a Sentra and added the 240z triple bubble in the middle. It looks very cool (the car itself is awesome too).

I think his screen name on classiczcars is nixzcars. -Friendly guy too.

bryan01, Prepare to do a lot of cutting. Took me 1 whole day to get the dash in place. For the center console widening the trans tunnel area and custom door panels. Alot of work so I decided to take a break from it and replace an inner fender instead. So much easier. But agreed a sharp looking interior.

oooh, my wife looked over my shoulder and said "I like that interior, why don't you put one like that in the 2+2?"

And thusly, it begins...

though that wrecked Z32 sitting out back for free kind of has a better, more attractive price attached to it. Anybody ever see a Z32 dash in an S30?

• Administrators
oooh, my wife looked over my shoulder and said "I like that interior, why don't you put one like that in the 2+2?"

And thusly, it begins...

though that wrecked Z32 sitting out back for free kind of has a better, more attractive price attached to it. Anybody ever see a Z32 dash in an S30?

I thought of that a few months ago as well. Tape measure told me otherwise. The Z-32 dash is 57 inches across, available space in the S-30 is 50”. I really don’t see any creative way to make it fit without it looking butchered. Though the Z-32 dash is the same width as the Q-45 dash?.. Hmm…

"the 240sx dash is nice and all, but vildini charges a ridiculous amount for the work... oh well"

That's why most of us here on HybridZ build things ourselves, it saves money so we can use it in other areas of the car.....

"the 240sx dash is nice and all, but vildini charges a ridiculous amount for the work... oh well"

That's why most of us here on HybridZ build things ourselves, it saves money so we can use it in other areas of the car.....

and reproduce, and resell things to ppl who don't have the resources, nor the huge cash to get someone to make custom parts.

:mrgreen:

Does anyone know if there is more documentation on Joels swap? Build photos etc. That is really slick. Wonder what year 240SX the dash came from?

Hey Bryan, What year car are you pulling from? Pic maybe?

Thanks

:icon2:That interior can be found in any S13 240SX, which means 89-94.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
do you guys see any problem with the e-brake relocation to the driver's side, or would you guys just install a JDM center console?

Probably be a push button Line lock anyway for the ebrake function but... either side should be fine. It's nothing as far as custom rigging when you take into account you're doing the whole damn dash too :-)