HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

umm, i really don't know. that was in there when we got it. it just kinda sits there and keeps messing with my mirrors cause the switches are right there, so i actually just took it out and its sitting in the garage. it just sits over the regular center console, but not real tight or anything. i'll try and mess with it when i get back

umm, i really don't know. that was in there when we got it. it just kinda sits there and keeps messing with my mirrors cause the switches are right there, so i actually just took it out and its sitting in the garage. it just sits over the regular center console, but not real tight or anything. i'll try and mess with it when i get back

so you're saying even the armrest cover sits over the stock armrest?? it is a 1 piece thing? or 2 pieces (cupholder and armrest cover)

im trying to find a way to put cupholder, and i saw that exact same thing on motorsport z website.

it just sits over the original one. i dunno if there's a way to mount it to the original one or not. it seems kinda awkward. also its kinda wide, and the lid opens to the side, and thats kinda wierd too. i can show you better pics in about a month and a half!:icon45:

Hey sup MannyZX here I have a 1982 HS130 T Tops 5 speed manual naturaly asperated with close to 300 tho miles just basic mods pepboys intake 3 into 2 headers sport catalitic 2.1/2 exaust with strait thrue muffler tokiko blue macfierson struts & no interior,

Future mods are larger brakes sway bars r200 diff & roll cage....for now.

sorry no pics yet:mparty:

Guest hunanking

I've been dreaming about buying a Z since I was about about 9 years old. Now, 18 years later I picked up one of the best condition original Z's I've ever seen. It's an '81 2 seater non-turbo. It's got 117k miles and I get about 21mpg around town in it. The pictures below are how it was when I picked it up.

The plan is to do all bolt-on power adders and use it as my daily driver. The A/C is exceptional and nearly everything is flawless on the car. I only paid $2500 for it.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys. I've been a drag and road racer for the last 5 years or so in a probe GT and am a 5000+ post count member at Probetalk.com so I'm hoping to be as active in this community as I have been there.

Mike

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

it just sits over the original one. i dunno if there's a way to mount it to the original one or not. it seems kinda awkward. also its kinda wide, and the lid opens to the side, and thats kinda wierd too. i can show you better pics in about a month and a half!:icon45:

You have it on backwards in that picture - the cupholders go in the back (unless its different for the 2+2). I glued mine right to the original center console and its quite sturdy.

mi 16 got this z when i was 15 1981 nonturbo 2+2, its GL baby dont care if it adds like 200 pounds of weight, i got power windows, defrosters, check this out power mirrors yeah i know thats stupid and i look like a dum ass.

my interior looks just like this other guys thats crazy!!!!!!i like what he did with his coin tray, who needs coins lying round?dsc00025me4.jpg

dsc00017xy3.jpgdsc00023af6.jpgdsc00016gx0.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V0jsHkFPMk8 cool vid of my car, just a power point though, put some comments on the video!

wow those two red interior look exactly the same except for the leather seat and the carpet.

even the cdplayer is almost same

one thing is weird, the cigarette lighter should be green, the orange one came from the 200sx

unless im wrong

What did he do to the coin tray ? Also the coin tray fits a pack of gum perfectly.

look the pics from the other guy, the coin tray is gone. I think he removed the cover and replaced with some other cover?? or sandblasted?

ok, i didnt know that original 280zx lighters were green, that would go perfect with my head unit that has green back lights.

on the coin tray, it looks like he took a piece of thin particle/ply wood cut it to shape and covered it with red fabric, sorry hunanking but im going to copy you with the coin tray cause i spent like a week trying to fix mine(it was crumbling away) and after bondoing it and painting it, it continues to crumble,

how did you do your head unit?, i used stock mounts with custom brackets and used the thin ply wood cut the rectangle and used some pleather to cover it

ok, i didnt know that original 280zx lighters were green, that would go perfect with my head unit that has green back lights.

on the coin tray, it looks like he took a piece of thin particle/ply wood cut it to shape and covered it with red fabric, sorry hunanking but im going to copy you with the coin tray cause i spent like a week trying to fix mine(it was crumbling away) and after bondoing it and painting it, it continues to crumble,

how did you do your head unit?, i used stock mounts with custom brackets and used the thin ply wood cut the rectangle and used some pleather to cover it

did you know they sell those radio bracket custom made for the z

265-687m.jpg

Guest hunanking

I didn't do the radio or coin tray replacement as I bought it like that... but the center piece is a thin particle board cutout covered in vinyl that matches the door panels very closely... same thing for the radio cutout. The radio mount is all custom stuff and it's great.

I use that covered coin tray spot as a perfect place for my IPOD touch so that I feel like I'm in the 21st century!

Mike