HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

5-speed conversion done, installed better and lighter seats. Finally have all the parts and mocked them up on the engine and they fit with some modifications to the TO4e internal wastegate bracket mounting. Looking forward to a test fire, tune, drive, tune, drive, tune until the bugs are worked out of the Demon blow through carb turbo set up. Looking to do a test run at Top Gun raceway in Fallon to see what she will do on October 17th if all goes well....

Ended up getting a new blow through carb hat single 4 inch entry instead of the two smaller entries since I am just doing turbo for now and I can always hook up the two entry carb hat if I decide to add a supercharger to the mix later. For now, I hooked up the EGT, A/F sensors, downpipe, all the intake and exhaust bolts, boost lines, hoses and blow off valve. Need to fabricate the throttle linkage to where it will actuate the carburator throttle on the side since its different from where the fuel injection throttle lever is on the front. May either use a Mr. Gasket throttle cable kit or make a large throttle lever that will reach the carburator from the stock linkage if it does actuate the carburator throttle to wide open throttle from the shorter throw of the stock linkage. Also will have to cut the hood to clear the large carb, its spacer and the very large carb hat which will stick out of the hood and give it that shaker hood moving kind of action when revving the engine. Then put all the accessories and cooling system back on the engine and get ready for a test fire with 110 octane vx race gas. Well have to wait until another weekend opportunity to progress further on this project.

17418_thumb.attach

bt turbo z5_thumb.jpg

bt turbo z7_thumb.jpg

bt turbo z8_thumb.jpg

bt turboz6_thumb.jpg

I'm new to the 280z forums so be gentle! Anyway 1979 280zx (30k) original miles. Couldn't leave it stock, so here are the before and after. Many thanks to "80LT1" , I "stole his Wheel/tire configuration. I also got a lot of good ideas from several others, keep up the great forum!!

17488_thumb.attach

Datsun 033_thumb.jpg

Datsun 037_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking Chris. The wheels are 4 lug SportMax 009 (9 1/2" back - 8" on the front ) I got the wheel/tire "package" out of Miami (WheelMax, I think) These people were fantastic to work with!! Called on Monday, by Thurs. they were in my garage. Mounted/Balanced/Nitro filled/Lugs the works...Hope this helps.

well i aquired my s130 by trading off my 94 ranger pickup.. when i saw it i was like i have to have this. after bout three weeks into it a bearing went out and blew the engine when trying to get it home. im really considering to try and see if i can pull apart the internals off my 74 240z and rebuild my 280zx. overall trying to restore the car to its glory days with some unique touches.

bone stock s130.

hoosier 205/65/14

ngk iridium spark plugs

ngk park plug wires

cone air filter (orignal air filter was in bad shape and no place local carries one)

heat faded paint

cracked dash

faded and ripped door panals

and wear it all with pride. :)

its a great lil car and i hope to get out on the road again soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------

80 280zx

74 240z (parts car for sale)

93 altima (parts car for sale)

Just last month I bought my second s130.

New owner of a 83 na auto 2+2 (no pictures yet, it's still on temp California tags). I was the owner of an 81 GL Deluxe (manual), and was active on here from 02-04, but it seems like my old account doesn't exist anymore :D .

A couple cool things with this one:

operable rear windows! I don't know if it is a 2+2 thing or something that happened in 82 or 83, but my 81 didn't have them!

201k miles.

Working digital dash.

Almost no rust - life long CA car :D . My last one was a Seattle car till ~96, then a Wisconsin car till 01, then a Michigan car...

And one dumb thing - the previous owner inflated the spare... Anyone know a good way to get it back into it's place? lol.

Well finally started the Demon blow through set up, did some adjustments to the floats, primary/secondary idle screws and air fuel mixture screws, holds an idle well. Did about 10 power test launches in the drive way in first gear and the rear tires that would get a slight chirp with the past fuel injection set up went up in smoke until I ran out of driveway. Figured after that, well its road test time. Got out on one of my county roads and gave it a mild launch at 1500 rpm then slammed the pedal to wide open throttle. Shifted to second gear at 7000 rpm and then the engine surged, suspected vapor lock. Stopped car, looked at the float windows and as I suspected from the engine reaction they were empty, no fuel. Back to the garage again adjusted the fuel pressure regulator to the maximum pressure setting, tried the same drive again and vapor lock a second after shifting to second gear at W.O.T. Back to the garage again, laid a bunch more burn outs in first gear to cover the driveway with multiple black streaks to celebrate that its alive after several months of planning. I ordered a much larger carburator fuel pump that will deliver what this demon needs to feed the Frankenstein. The bad news, didn't get it tuned in time for the last Top Gun drag race of the year. The good news is it runs real strong until it runs out of fuel. Another test drive following the installation of a very high volume fuel pump will be next. I love the smell of 110 octane in the morning... The intake sound the Demon makes combined with the sound of the exhaust straight from the turbo downpipe demands respect.... Looking forward to the first Top Gun drag race of next year.

Edited by madmatt48
a minor type error

Well finally started the Demon blow through set up, did some adjustments to the floats, primary/secondary idle screws and air fuel mixture screws, holds an idle well. Did about 10 power test launches in the drive way in first gear and the rear tires that would get a slight chirp with the past fuel injection set up went up in smoke until I ran out of driveway. Figured after that, well its road test time. Got out on one of my county roads and gave it a mild launch at 1500 rpm then slammed the pedal to wide open throttle. Shifted to second gear at 7000 rpm and then the engine surged, suspected vapor lock. Stopped car, looked at the float windows and as I suspected from the engine reaction they were empty, no fuel. Back to the garage again adjusted the fuel pressure regulator to the maximum pressure setting, tried the same drive again and vapor lock a second after shifting to second gear at W.O.T. Back to the garage again, laid a bunch more burn outs in first gear to cover the driveway with multiple black streaks to celebrate that its alive after several months of planning. I ordered a much larger carburator fuel pump that will deliver what this demon needs to feed the Frankenstein. The bad news, didn't get it tuned in time for the last Top Gun drag race of the year. The good news is it runs real strong until it runs out of fuel. Another test drive following the installation of a very high volume fuel pump will be next. I love the smell of 110 octane in the morning... The intake sound the Demon makes combined with the sound of the exhaust straight from the turbo downpipe demands respect.... Looking forward to the first Top Gun drag race of next year.

:worthless:

Same applies to videos. We want to HEAR this thing too!