HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Do any of you by chance know the fastest 0-1/4 mile drag time achieved by a 280zx/ S130 powered by an L28 series engine that can still legally wear license plates?

That's dependent on a thousand variables. What state? What county? Turbo? Nitrous?

I don't know for sure, but I'd say a well modded, legal in many places (not just one) street interior S130 should be able to hit 11's easily enough. Maybe even high 10's with some sticky slicks.

Now, if we're talking about 100% legal in California. I don't care how much fiberglass you've got, if you're on street tires there's no way you're running faster than a high 13, because nearly every engine mod is illegal now.

Intercooler = illegal

Non-stock turbo = illegal

Fuel pressure regulator = illegal

Modified boost pressure = illegal

Non-factory fuel pump = illegal

Non-factory injectors = illegal

Non-factory compression = illegal

CAT delete = illegal

Non-factory air box without CARB sticker = illegal

Non-factory camshaft = illegal

Basically ANY modification without a little CARB sticker is illegal. We're lucky to have the few parts we do that ARE CARB certified. Unfortunately they won't help you go much faster.

If you want to know what I think you could get AWAY with? Probably 12's easily enough. Larger injectors, OEM looking intercooler, and raise the boost a bit.

Yes, the state of California is real sad when it comes to mods. Following their rules would result in what you stated above maybe a few seconds better than stock. My question is open to any legal licensed S-130 280zx in any State in the U.S. Would like to see or hear about the best 0-1/4 mile times that have ever been achieved thus far using an L-series engine.

14.2 N/a, with hot cam, headers and straight pipe. unknown what elese had been done to that engine (former SCCA racer's engine) also hot wired cold start injector to fire in batch just to get enough fuel to feed it with the camshaft, haggard but solved alot of issues at the time... I know some of you turbo junkies have been quite a bit quicker.

Yes, the state of California is real sad when it comes to mods. Following their rules would result in what you stated above maybe a few seconds better than stock. My question is open to any legal licensed S-130 280zx in any State in the U.S. Would like to see or hear about the best 0-1/4 mile times that have ever been achieved thus far using an L-series engine.

In some states, like Michigan, the only things that are explicitly illegal (for state highway use) are slicks and N2O. You can get some wild stuff on the street in that case (breaking several federal laws, but that's besides the point ;) )

sound like around here... so long as your lights work correctly and your not spraying down the road, you can get away with just about anything...

when I took my Int'l scout to be registered I had NO glass in the vehicle WHATSOEVER, and bassically open manifold exhausts, and no seat belts... the only thing they asked was for me to hit the lights... lol

sound like around here... so long as your lights work correctly and your not spraying down the road, you can get away with just about anything...

when I took my Int'l scout to be registered I had NO glass in the vehicle WHATSOEVER, and bassically open manifold exhausts, and no seat belts... the only thing they asked was for me to hit the lights... lol

LMFAO!!!! Sounds like Mexico Regulations! So long as the Car is running Ur all Good!

Well here's my 81 zxt(actually it's my daughters-I bought it for her:wink:). I bought it for 1500$ and it has 91k miles on it. I have put more money and time then what I should have for a college car, but I wanted my daughter to have something cool to drive. I told her that if she ever earned a scholarship I would buy her a new car, but I think she rather I paint her Z and keep it going instead.

I forgot to add that everything works on this car-down to the clock!

17984_thumb.attach

17985_thumb.attach

17986_thumb.attach

Well here's my 81 zxt(actually it's my daughters-I bought it for her:wink:). I bought it for 1500$ and it has 91k miles on it. I have put more money and time then what I should have for a college car, but I wanted my daughter to have something cool to drive. I told her that if she ever earned a scholarship I would buy her a new car, but I think she rather I paint her Z and keep it going instead.

I forgot to add that everything works on this car-down to the clock!

good lookin car. I was never one for the snow flake wheels but I have a set of swastikas I can sell