HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

Quick question? Do I have to special order these wheels from Kimcosmic@juno.com because i cant seem to find them anywhere on ebay, wheel shops, etc. Would they still be avaliable or was it just a one time thing?

This is answered 3 post before. To order the wheels email Kim at that address. I doubt you will find these or want to buy them off Ebay or wheel shops - it would just cost more.

Strange, what is the aspect ratio on those tires? Are you running stock control arms?

I'm running 245-45ZR16 all around. Stock control arms with eccentric bushings (-1.5deg camber). 1" sway bar, coil overs. Short bump steer spacers. That's it.

• 4 weeks later...

i read through some pages but didnt have it, maybe i missed it

wondering if the 17x9 or 17x9.5 wheel setup leaves room for a bbk upgrade in the front?

this is for a 280zx, since many have 240z with upgraded brakes, not sure if there is a difference in clearance issues

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eighties

Has anyone been in contact with Kim?

I sent payment for one wheel via money order on the 5th of this month prior to contacting Kim and haven't heard anything.

I've sent e-mails every other day to be in contact, but there hasn't been any reply. Can someone get into contact with Kim?

Has anyone been in contact with Kim?

I sent payment for one wheel via money order on the 5th of this month prior to contacting Kim and haven't heard anything.

I've sent e-mails every other day to be in contact, but there hasn't been any reply. Can someone get into contact with Kim?

I am confused as to why you would send payment for one wheel without contacting him... You should call him, his phone number should be on rotawheel.com.

Guest eighties
I am confused as to why you would send payment for one wheel without contacting him... You should call him, his phone number should be on rotawheel.com.

Hey Chris, I did. I contacted him; he gave me a price and I sent a money order after that.

I check the website and there isn't a contact number, just an email.

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed back and forth with Kim for a long while, but that was only because I wanted Hyper Black and they kept getting back ordered. You have to be patient. He may not check his emails for a few days but he will get back to you. If you think he didn't get the email just send it again. I recently was finally able to place an order and secure a set of my own. About a week later the wheels were at my house. Worth twice what we pay for them IMHO and well worth a little patience and understanding. I can bet good money that you won't be able to send him an email and immediately get a response back saying "sure here you go just send your money here and you will have them next week". If I'm not mistaken, his English isn't the best in the world either, but he is great to work with and will get you what you want eventually. You have to remember he is doing us a great service by even carrying these wheels in the first place. I am sure they do not keep many in stock at all seeing as they are a very special order. If you want the wheels just keep in touch with him, thats all you have to do.

I emailed back and forth with Kim for a long while, but that was only because I wanted Hyper Black and they kept getting back ordered. You have to be patient. He may not check his emails for a few days but he will get back to you. If you think he didn't get the email just send it again. I recently was finally able to place an order and secure a set of my own. About a week later the wheels were at my house. Worth twice what we pay for them IMHO and well worth a little patience and understanding. I can bet good money that you won't be able to send him an email and immediately get a response back saying "sure here you go just send your money here and you will have them next week". If I'm not mistaken, his English isn't the best in the world either, but he is great to work with and will get you what you want eventually. You have to remember he is doing us a great service by even carrying these wheels in the first place. I am sure they do not keep many in stock at all seeing as they are a very special order. If you want the wheels just keep in touch with him, thats all you have to do.

what size did you order?