HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

Pix of wheels from Rudypoochris's hard ass work for all of us and new carbon fiber flares from the group by with 280Zforce (Justin) Just what the DR ordered.

17.9.5 and 17x9 Flat black, pick up in Hayward directly from Kim. 245/45/17 Advan S4's

Luckily I was added fender flares anyhow because the 17" rims with tires rubbed REAL bad. The back bottomed out and hit the fender and I could not turn the front wheels without it scraping on the airdam. I am sure others have probably already experienced this. Carbon flares and shaving the airdam in the corners solved this.

This bitch looks B A D A S S !!! Props to you Rudy :burnout:

p1010228p.jpg

p1010230s.jpg

p1010231ipv.jpg

p1010237mvc.jpg

Here are my 17X9.5 with 245/40 Bridgestone RE-01R's. I will get them mounted today and hopefully take some pictures. I wanted to go wider, but I could not pass up these tires at half off from Tire Rack. I think if I ever make an upgrade from these it will be to 285/30-18's all around on some 18X10's.

95RBR245tire2.jpg

95RBR245tire.jpg

95RBR245tire3.jpg

95RBR245tire4.jpg

Justin

This is at a current rocker height of 5.75" front and 6.5" rear. I think I'm going to ZY fenders front and rear to help get the car lower. Once I get the car down to the height I want it at, I will redesign the suspension pickup points to make it work. Overall I'm really happy with these Rota's. They look great on these Z cars!

Rotasmounted2.jpg

Rotasmounted1.jpg

Rotasmounted.jpg

Here are my 17X9.5 with 245/40 Bridgestone RE-01R's. I will get them mounted today and hopefully take some pictures. I wanted to go wider, but I could not pass up these tires at half off from Tire Rack.

Ditto here. Did the same thing not passing up on the Potenza at half price closeout. Later read the specs and the 245s are only for up to 9" rim ... we'll see how they work. They look quite spread out in your pics. Wanted flat black but they only have them in the RB. After seeing pics of the comparison I thought the RBR was much better so compromised on the black w/ polished lip RBR. Should be here is a couple days. Buyers remorse already wishing I would have gone 9" all around ... at least I can put some real meat on the rear for the next set of tires just hope these keep up on track for now.

Cameron

I've browsed through all 62 pages, and I didn't see any pictures of white Z's with flat black RB or RB-R's. I've only seen pictures of Rudy's silver Z. Anybody have any pictures of a white Z? Or even a white Z with some other brand of rim in flat black with the ZG flares. I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the flat black and the Royal Gun Metal. I've seen EMWHYROHEN's pictures of his Z with the RGM and they look amazing. But I suspect the flat black might work for me too...

Thanks!!!

Nigel

'73 240ZT

I've browsed through all 62 pages, and I didn't see any pictures of white Z's with flat black RB or RB-R's. I've only seen pictures of Rudy's silver Z. Anybody have any pictures of a white Z? Or even a white Z with some other brand of rim in flat black with the ZG flares. I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the flat black and the Royal Gun Metal. I've seen EMWHYROHEN's pictures of his Z with the RGM and they look amazing. But I suspect the flat black might work for me too...

Thanks!!!

Nigel

'73 240ZT

With Myron's permission, I'm posting two pictures of his Z that I had a friend edit to look like it has the flat black RB's. I like it!

phpdHrtw5PM_revJPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

phpTzF69wPM_revJPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

What is the wheel and tire profile on your friends white Z? I've seen it before (the real images) and I love the profile he is using. How much of a drop does it have?

I'm guessing the rotas that he actually has are the 9in front and 9.5in rear.

Looks awesome.:mrgreen:

You can ask EMWHYR0HEN (Myron) himself, or go to Page 34 and 35 of this thread :-)

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=905563&postcount=677

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=905394&postcount=667

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=905688&postcount=683

Nigel

Hi, I'm interested to wheels but in Europe it's impossibile try it.

Can I know where i buy it?

I'm interested to (4x114,3) two 17x8,5 et4 and two 17x9 et-13.

Thanks a lot for the info!! :)

You can contact Rota directly for this now; there is no need to go through HybridZ. http://www.rotawheel.com/

Edited by ShaggyZ
corrected hyperlink

Sorry...Yes I send an email to Rota 2 weeks ago, I had contact 4 distributors in Europe and 2 in America and Nothing 9" or 9,5" only the 8,5"...this is the only way for me! :)

Sorry the question: Does this gb go to "Rota" or a distributor?

Have you got a particuolar contact(email) with the Rota?

Thanks for the info, and sorry for the bad english!:icon56:

The man you want to contact is named Kim Bong. His email is: kimcosmic@juno.com.

His contact information is also available at rotawheel.com not rotawheels.com which is why you were possibly having issues.

I go to Italy two times a year, what part are you in?

I just got done dealing with Kim. I agree with the rushed emails but the response time is excellent. He called me to confirm payment and shipping address along with a tracking number! Excellent to do business with!

I can't wait until Monday! Expected ship date. I'll post some pictures once I get them installed on my ZX!

Whoo Hoo!! Just got everything all installed! These look so much better in person than pictures could ever justify!

Tires: Yokohama S.Drive

Front: 245/40 17x9

Rear: 255/40 17x9.5

Rolling the fender wasn't too bad but I did slice one tire pretty good. Discount Tire is being very helpful and replacing it for free!

002-1.jpg?t=1240941708

003.jpg?t=1240941726

004.jpg?t=1240941742

wow this thread is long. has anyone attempted to get the center cap to fit? some how cut the center cap and expand it maybe by plastic welding?

I'd like to know because I think it's retarded to have spent all this time, trouble, and money (for some) and end up with a wheel that can't have its center cap installed on its PRIMARY application: S30. It's a principle that really keeps me from being all for these wheels.

Anyone with the ability and resources want to create a new center cap? Maybe something like the hexagonal centers of Panasports or just an elongated version of what already comes from Rota? Perhaps a group buy/supported center cap project is just waiting.

Ideally, it would be great to have Rota address and resolve this issue, (way to state the obvious). I have yet to purchase a set of these wheels, but have every intention of going this route in the very near future and this is one of the only details that has bugged me. I like many others have nothing but thanks to RudyPoo for making this wheel option a reality.