HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey is this group buy still available? I tried calling Kim and he said its only through the GB. Thanks in advance

You should be able to tell Kim what you want directly and order straight through him. He probably referred you here because a lot of people who may not exactly understand the special sizings, could potentially order a set of wheels that don't fit their car (be it 240sx, Supra, etc). If you want these wheels (17x9 -13 or 17x9.5 -19) do order them through Kim. If you continue to have issues - let me know.

Mine arrived yesterday! $750US shipped to Canada was too good of an offer to pass up. And the duty and taxes were thankfully very cheap. Unfortunately, I'm not going to get to see the rims in person for a while. I had them shipped to my Father's place 240 miles away, because that's where I store my Z for the winter. I was going to go down this coming weekend, but I dislocated my knee cap yesterday! So, there's no point in my going anywhere until I'm healed up.

Thanks to all those who made this fantastic deal possible! I really appreciate it.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Would it be possible to get these in 5x114.3? I'm very interested in getting a set for my S13 but am already 5 lug.

The more I look at them the more I like them.

You do realize you'll need some type of really wide flares or body kit for these to fit, right? They're a negative offset, not positive, which you need. I would love to see that, though!

Guest LanceKA-T

I do plan on getting flares, but would rather not swap back to 4-lug because I would no longer be able to use all of the wheels I currently have.

The car is mostly an auto-x/road race car with the drift event thrown in here and there. Being 5-lug just opens up many more options.

But I do love these wheels

Current picture of the car with 17x9.5 +18 RPF1's

1042646.jpg

These rims where specifically designed with the S30 in mind, not a S130, or a S13 for that matter (pictured above).

A 5x114.3 rim IS pictured on rotawheel.com, which I believe is Kim's site. I'd just call him up and see what's available. Odds are most rims he has are much more likely to fit your S13 than our old S30's which need negative offset in most cases.

Would it be possible to get these in 5x114.3? I'm very interested in getting a set for my S13 but am already 5 lug.

The more I look at them the more I like them.

I do not believe a 5-lug version is offered in this size and offset. If it were it still would not fit an S13, S14, or an S15. The offset is simply way too far negative. If you could get it to clear the fenders by hacking the body away, the fitment would still be incorrect and the car would probably not handle so well.

I'm interested in this group buy did this ever go through? I see this thread was started in 07. Would the price still be 750? Sorry but 64 pages of limited info is a bit much to verify if the deal is going on.

The group buy is no longer a group buy really, but you can order the wheels directly through Rota by emailing Kim, the representative at:

kimcosmic@juno.com

The price is still $750 shipped I believe, but I am not 100% positive... call him.

Guest LanceKA-T

I'm sure you are not firmiliar with PDM Racing's S13, but here is a picture.

DSC06714.jpg

There wheel and tire setup pictured is

Front:

17x10 -4 275/40 V710

Rear:

17x10 -4 295/40 V710

This leaves you with outer and inner clearances from the hub of

131mm outer / 123mm inner

A 17x9.5 -19 leaves you with

139.65mm outer / 101.65mm inner

Although the 9.5 will stick out almost 9mm more I do not plan on running 275/295. I will be running 245/40 which will be a mild stretch and should tuck in fine.

As for the handling, PDM's car won the Canadian Autosalon Champoinship in D/SP class with this setup. Which is equivalent to SCCA's SM class.

Kim will be checking with his manufacturer about the possibility of getting these wheels in 5x114.3

It will not fit correctly in a 17x9.5 -19 or 17x9 -13. The backspacing is 4.5". That wheels BS is about 5.34". That is equivalent to a 17x9.5 +3 offset. So basically 22mm off... that is very very significant. You CAN put these wheels on that car if the pattern is 5x114.3 sure... but it will not fit right and it won't do much for your handling... You would be wasting .75" or so of BS and your scrub radius would be all FUBAR amongst other things... That is only my non-professional opinion, it is your choice though. Good luck!

A 17X10 -4 has the following:

5.34" back spacing

5.56" front spacing

A 17X9.5 -19 has the following:

4.50" back spacing

6.00" front spacing

A 17X9.0 -13 has the following:

4.49" back spacing

5.51" front spacing

So the 9" would fit just like the above picture. The 9.5" would stick out an additional half inch.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys got my RB-Rs from Kim, awesome service extra fast shipping..wow! From the time I paid him I had the wheels in 3 days!

They are 17x9 with the -13mm offset.

Hyper Black

275/40 rear

245/45 front

Yokohama S.drives

On the rear it looks like they stick out when you initially hang them on the studs and the car is up in the air, I was thinking there is NO way these will tuck..sure enough, its fine once the suspension and car is back on the ground...breath a sigh of relief there!

366962020.jpg

366961778.jpg

366962286.jpg

Better pics soon, once I have some more time

• 2 weeks later...
So If im not mistaken I can get any offset then? I read a few pages back that he could oerder in any offset we want. Is this correct?

To my knowledge no, you cannot get any offset you want. What made you come to that conclusion? Where did you read this? Copy & Paste.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have wheels that fit and complete the look of the car, thanks to Kim Bong and Rudypoochris!

RB 17x9, 17x9.5

Z140.jpg

I actually screwed up and ordered RBs, and meant to get the RBRs instead. But I couldn't be happier with my mistake, I think these may actually look better on my car the way they are!

Did you trim the fenders up to get the needed clearance for the wheels? The fact orange shows through on the side shot has me worried you didn't.

I rolled them with a rolling tool (can remember for the life of me what the manufacture was, I just know its blue with and orange wheel and bolts to the hub). So far, its been done pretty lightly, but I don't rub unless there's a really big bump. I'm driving carefully until I go up north again to complete the process (my friend owns the tool). Before I start thrashing the car around, I'm going to try and bend the fender out as close to flush with the ZG flare as possible. If all else fails, I'll cut and weld it.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I am away from the sample wheels right now and some people were hoping to know if the AZC 13" brake kit will fit inside the 17x9" -13 RB or RB-R's. Can anyone comment if these brakes fit? I am pretty sure they do, but I do not want to say for certain. Additionally if anyone knows the diameter of the inside of the wheel at the narrowest point, that should help as well. Thanks guys!

-Chris

Hey everyone, is the group buy still going?!?!

I'm just kidding.

A friend of mine with a SBC seen in this youtube vid -

just picked up a set of rims from Kim this morning. He got the group buy price! He went with staggered widths and still has no idea what tire size he's going to run, and still has no flares. It'll be a little while before there's pics.

So he got the rims for $700 I believe, plus Kim said that since he came and picked them up he'd give him some extras and threw in some hats, stickers, and even lug nuts! Wow.

I think amazingly enough if I were to be buying these rims NEXT year I might STILL be able to get the discount by the looks of things. When this group buy started the market wasn't so bad and we all figured the prices would shoot up once the group buy was over, but I think the marginal movement of the market right now is helping them keep the prices down. Get them while they're hot!

Guest Choku_Dorian

Hello to all, i have been following this thread since like 3 months ago...(very excitedly i might add)

there are some beautiful Z's on this site (i would like to own one, one day) but for now i have an s13...rignt now i am running 15" mesh wheels x8.5 -26 up front and x10.5 - 34 out back with flares but would like to have aggressive 17" rims obviously for the tire choices. this thread seems to be the only link to obtaining these wheels in these size/offsets here in the US...

i saw earlier in this thread someone mentioned that the sales rep may have pointed someone to this GB for help with fitment, so i will go ahead and ask here and see if any of you could possibly help me out.

(i searched for like an hour, really, through a bunch of pages)

My issue is brake clearance, which model the RB or RBr has more? i have 300zx brakes up front.(my fronts are spaced out like 1 1/2" now to clear)

i see on page 51 pics of the wheels clearing s12+8 calipers but i am not sure of the size similarity of those compared to z32's, or if his wheels are the rb or rbr...

i am looking to order RBr 9.5's all the way around for now i guess.