HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

Hey guyz,just wanted to give an update about last year in Nov of 2008 I placed an order for my RB-R's from rushkits.com and I thought I got an O.K price,but anyways I recommended the company.To make a story short I never recieved my set of wheels and the company was no help trying to either return my money or get the wheels for me,it's been about 10 months so I had to get the my bank involved. SO DON'T ORDER FROM RUSHKITS.COM(there based out of Glendale C.A) UNLESS YOUR READY FOR NO CUSTUMER SERVICE AND WANT TO GIVE YOUR MONEY AWAY!

Hey guyz,just wanted to give an update about last year in Nov of 2008 I placed an order for my RB-R's from rushkits.com and I thought I got an O.K price,but anyways I recommended the company.To make a story short I never recieved my set of wheels and the company was no help trying to either return my money or get the wheels for me,it's been about 10 months so I had to get the my bank involved. SO DON'T ORDER FROM RUSHKITS.COM(there based out of Glendale C.A) UNLESS YOUR READY FOR NO CUSTUMER SERVICE AND WANT TO GIVE YOUR MONEY AWAY!

Sorry to hear about your missfotune with rushkits.com... this thread though pertains purely to a group buy through the North American Representative for Rota so it doesn't really apply. I highly advise you just deal straight through him. There is almost literally no point in dealing with anyone else as you are just going to pay more or possibly in your case get ripped off. Good luck resolving your issue.

Just thought I would suggest the following.....I have been following this thread with some interest and I have noticed that there some predicting going on in regards to the wheel size and offset, I just thought I would suggest the following which should spark more interest in people actually purchasing. You could divide this into four categories which would make everyones order much less confusing to them and to the company making the wheels.

1. People running their Z with coilovers and with ZG flares - (specify the optimal wheel size, backspacing and offset for both front and back here)

2. People running their Z without coilovers and with ZG flares- (specify the optimal wheel size, backspacing and offset for both front and back here)

3. People running their Z with coilovers only and no flares - (specify the optimal wheel size, backspacing and offset for both front and back here)

4. People running a stock setup, some people like the look of the wide wheels but do not want to run flares. (specify the optimal wheel size, backspacing and offset for both front and back here)

Just thought I would add, that it is up to us as a group to figure out what is the best Wheel size, backspacing and offset for the wheels in each category, this is difficult for many people to calculate on their own.

Sorry, after reading this whole post, has anything like this been done, as far as breaking down what works with and without flares, tire sizes, lowering springs, and offsets?

I may have missed it as well, its quite a lot of reading LOL...

Thanks

Jay

Sorry, after reading this whole post, has anything like this been done, as far as breaking down what works with and without flares, tire sizes, lowering springs, and offsets?

I may have missed it as well, its quite a lot of reading LOL...

Thanks

Jay

Well the group buy has always required flares, coilovers have never been required, nor lowering springs. Kind of makes the four different categories pointless. The offsets are:

17x9" Front -13mm

17x9.5" Rear -19mm

The wheels should fit stock suspension. I recommend 245/40/17 or 255/40/17 front and 275/40/17 rear. You will need to flare. You will need to trim some of the lower valance on the front of the car as well if you are not running an air dam. Even then some air dams may interfere, others do not. Air dams that drop straight down at the front of the wheel well typically do not need to be trimmed. Hope that helps.

Well the group buy has always required flares, coilovers have never been required, nor lowering springs. Kind of makes the four different categories pointless. The offsets are:

17x9" Front -13mm

17x9.5" Rear -19mm

The wheels should fit stock suspension. I recommend 245/40/17 or 255/40/17 front and 275/40/17 rear. You will need to flare. You will need to trim some of the lower valance on the front of the car as well if you are not running an air dam. Even then some air dams may interfere, others do not. Air dams that drop straight down at the front of the wheel well typically do not need to be trimmed. Hope that helps.

It does help, but the "should" clear stock suspension still leaves me unsure. There has to be someone who knows for sure, no?

My goal is to be running Tokico shocks, Eibach Pro Kit springs, and either the 17's, or I may just settle for a set of RB-R in 16x8.

Essentially, to solve all issues, I can run a 17x8.5 front and a 17x9.5 rear, correct? What would the correct offset be in a 17x8.5, same at -13mm?

Is there another thread anywhere, that people have posted pics of their rides, and actually posted rim size and offsets?

Thanks!

Jay

Do you meant the "correct" offset, or "available" offset?

To tuck the wheels in as much as possible:

Correct without coil overs is a 4.5" BS

Correct with coil overs is 5.0: BS

What is available in the RB:

17x9.5 -19mm offset = 4.5" BS

17x8.5 +4mm offset = 4.9" BS (won't fit without coil overs)

17x9 -13mm offset = 4.5" BS

IIRC using a BS over 4.5" will also require steering rack limiters up front.

Naaah, the tire just hits the frame up front or the TC rod in back. Self limiting, but it makes a awful racket if you're going anything over a couple miles an hour.

IIRC using a BS over 4.5" will also require steering rack limiters up front. I think that is why I chose 4.5" BS ultimately.

I run 16x8 with a 5" BS without any spacers and 245 width tires and I have no problems with rubbing at all. I turn the wheel full lock each direction without any rubbing.

Pete

Quick question? Do I have to special order these wheels from Kimcosmic@juno.com because i cant seem to find them anywhere on ebay, wheel shops, etc. Would they still be avaliable or was it just a one time thing?
This thread should be pruned again because, I do suppose, this is still a lot of posts to wade through to find this information, despite it having been posted multiple times.