HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

They don't have a single 5 lug option listed on thier site for these rims. I think the issue is the spoke count, as one hole would be going through a spoke.

BUT EVERYONE, check this out! They have the group by rims listed on their site now.

http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=34

This should confirm that the wheels WILL continue to be sold after this group buy. At what price, I don't know. I'm curious as to why Kim won't get some more color options on the RB's though. Maybe he does have more on the way and only talking to people about what's on hand. Sounds strange to me, but who knows.

On the positive side, this group buy might benefit the Z community for a long time if Rota keeps these size options. I know I'd be interested in them for a ZX if I ever poured money into one.

I am in a similar dilemma as yourself. I think we may need to run (at the very least) a 5 mm spacer in the front to clear the stock suspension if we are to use the +4 offset Rota RB-R's. I was also thinking of the tire size as well, a 235 40 would most likely be our limit, initially I was thinking a 225, but it maybe too stretched on an 8.5 inch wide rim now that I look at Bobby's pictures.

Just as an FYI I am running 8.5" wide rims on the front with 245 tires and coilovers, although my wheels are 18" diameter I don't think it makes much of a difference on the front. It's a close fit, but it does fit with the lips rolled and a net offset of +10 mm.

thanks guys! yeah...the 235 is a bet stretched...unfortunately i don't have any pics or measurements with stock suspension...i have had the GC coilovers installed before i got the wheels. these are the RB wheels. i think a 245/40 would be perfect...i can drop this combo pretty low...and it still tucks inside that front fender. with an inch or so to spare. the rear is flared, kinda hard to tell in the pics...i hate showin my z in that condition...but wanted to share some pics! i'll definately have some better ones as it starts comin together more.

Got them on and mounted!!!! here is some pics and yes i know the rear is on the wrong side. just threw them on for some pics they are allready off the car.

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

The car is in rough shape right now give me a few weeks and she will be pretty again.

So what would a set of the gunmetal's like Jeffs cost? $750 shipped?

This is correct. I have heard of people only paying $700 shipped when paying with money order. Currently there are no more RGM RB's. There should be RB's in flat black still, you would have to ask the representative.

700 by money order or 750 by cc. But i dont think he has any left. i think i got the last set.

This is true. You most likely got the last RGM RB set. That isn't to say there will not be more in the future. That is to say there will be no more until the release of the RB-R.

Hang in there guys, I know everyone is getting on the edge of their patience, but I suspect it is well worth the wait. Yes, I know I have been saying that for a long while now, but then it must really be worth it, right? :) We are very close guys.

Here are some pics with the zg's mounted also. there is no way to get the rears on with out flaring. But i do believe it might be possible to get the fronts. I also believe you might be able to put the 9inch with -13 offset in the rear and have it fit. but i believe both would require alot of lip rolling and fender stretching.

Here we have Grassroots motorsports mag's employee Greg Vogth actin a fool.

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01163.jpg

And i wont be in daytona next year. Im moving at the end of the month. hence the rush to get my car painted. I actually live in ormond beach not daytona but people dont know where ormond is.

275/40-17 in back and 255/40-17 in the front. i think they would but i dont see the need. I might actually space the front out a bit as my clearance to the spring perch is probably around or under an 1/8th of an inch. Just a tad close for my liking.

Ill have to do it later though.

I tried mounting the -19x 9.5 up front and it looked almost the same. However, I didn't check if it cleared everything without rubbing.

If anyone is looking for a set of 4 Gunmetal 9.0 x -13 (fronts) i'm willing to trade my 9.0 x -13 for a pair of 9.5 x -19 (rears).

So are the RB-R's going to be offered later on, say, after this whole group buy deal is "done" per-se? I definately want a set, but i have to pay for a trip to FL when I get back from the desert, so the wheels wont fit in my budget right now. I know the answer is probably somewhere in the last 40 pages, but i dont have the time to sift through it all lol.

Yes they will be. :)

I have been talking with him. Apparently they are in the air right now. As to why they are so late, I do not know, but they are. They were SUPPOSED to come in last Monday, but I have been told they are coming in early this week. I believe Kim is doing all that he can though. Its just basically a combination of what I believe as Kim and the factory not knowing any better with timing. I will be picking them up as soon as they arrive though, rest assured. I am still here, despite not posting much, there just hasn't been much to say.

I am new here so please bear with me. Did this group buy happen or can anyone still get in on this? If it was 10 pages I would go back and read,but 41 pages is a bit much to sort trough. Thanks for everyones help.

There are two styles, the RB and the RB-R. They come in two sizes each, 17x9" front and 17x9.5" rear. The RB's have been produced and there may be some flat black versions left. The RB-R will be produced and the samples should be getting here any day now (although it has been dragged out quite a bit). Hope that helps. :)

Well when Chris recieved the samples for the RB they weren't what was expected. The style the group buy was going after to begin with was the RB-R, and the distinction wasn't made apparently. So with that change request, along with some other design change requests the factory went to work making NEW molds for us, in the RB-R style.

Those prototypes should be in.... this week?

Hopefully I didn't screw up any of those details for chris. This group buy has been his baby, and he doesn't need me speading misinformation... :D