HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

Emwhyrohen, how much do you think your ride height is lowered compared to stock? How high did you cut your fenders to mount your flares? I've been waiting to cut my fenders to mock up/mount the flares until I got the wheels in and I've been holding out for the RB-R's.

I have eibachs on illumina's for now but I will be switching to either ground control or modern motorsports coilovers and probably sectioning the strut housings.

I don't even know what the stock height was anymore but my guess is that it's been lowered about 2-2.5 inches

I ran my zg flares with 14's before and previously trimmed the fenders but, I did cut another 1.5'' or so up after getting the 17's. I would check out Johnc's website betamotorsports for pictues on how to properly cut your fenders, that's what I did.

I havnt tried switching the wheels around. However, I don't think it will help you much if I do because I've cut very high up (and rolled out) on my stock fender so it pretty much doesnt exist anymore.

Thank you everyone for all the help with this, from this angle it seems like the front 17x9's -13 would clear the rear stock fenders, put it could be deceiving.

4a.jpg

NOW....YOU SAY 18X9 AND 18X9.5 WITH 4MM OFFSET WILL CLEAR STOCK SUSPENSION WITH ZG FLARES RIGHT.... I CALLED UP THE SHOP IN FREMONT, CA AND THEY SAID THEY DONT OFFER THE RIMS IN 18X9 OR 9.5'S. ONLY IN 18X8.5 WITH A 4MM OFFSET.

I do not believe I have said such things. Please quote me where I have said an 18x9 and 18x9.5 with a 4mm offset will clear stock suspension. Then I will try and figure out if I had a typo or what. Quite frankly an 18x9" and 18x9.5" +4 offset won't clear. Not with out a spacer. Fortunately 18x9" and 18x9.5" wheels in +4 have nothing to do with this group buy. This buy is for 17x9" -13 front and 17x9.5" -19 rear wheels. They do not even offer the Rota RB or RB-R in an 18" diameter as far as I know. Additionally, your not going to be able to source these for quite some time through anyone but the North American Rota representative, ie. "THE STORE" is not going to have them. If there is anything else you need help with or cleared up, feel free to PM me. :)

Thank you everyone for all the help with this, from this angle it seems like the front 17x9's +13 would clear the rear stock fenders, put it could be deceiving.

It is deceiving. The rear 17x9.5" -19 sticks out approximately 1.5-2". The 17x9" negative 13 (-13) will only come in an additional .5". You may be able to roll the fenders or do something similar if you are trying to keep stock body lines, but I know little about the process or the options.

Would they be able to make them in all white like that?

Which style? Those wheels are unpainted, I assume that is just primer on them. It really doesn't look that great in that white as it is a primer of sorts and not a finished paint scheme. For instance a 'white' wheel would have a much more powerful white. The white on those is a bit hazy and gray. I can inquire on Monday for you though. Would you be interested in that white, or a painted white?

Kim is at the mercy of the factory...period, they are putting out what they choose and he just recieves it, that is it, he is not the one picking and choosing what colors to get the wheels it. He is a victim of cercumstance, just like the rest of us. Just be happy that you even have the option of a cheap set with a custom offset. The next option is well.....not cheap.

Someone else who "gets it". A schedule is just an estimate, based on the circumstances at the time. Fuel and commodity (you know, steel, aluminum, etc.) prices have sky rocketed since this group buy initiated. Shipping costs are increasing almost daily. This run of wheels is a small production run and as such, will take a back seat to larger runs.

Chris is doing an outstanding job to date.

Bad news for Australian buyers. The representative has just found out that it will cost $400 to ship to Australia due to the increase in shipping prices (they doubled). This is terrible news for you all and could easily be the difference in what makes/breaks the deal. Unfortunately right now, that is what the cost is.

I will obtain a shipping quote from my local post office right now to see if it can be sent any cheaper through myself. Sorry guys.

EDIT:

Unfortunately FedEx quoted me $270... a box, that is times four, for their economy services. USPS will do it for $127.50 a a box. I am terribly sorry guys, shipping has gone through the roof. As far as I know there are no changes to the shipped price of the RB or RB-R for the mainland USA.

Go back and read your own first post. The RB was mentioned specifically and the concept that it would fit on the car. Not anything about copying some other type of wheel as the primary focus. It's all well and good that people think it's 'cool' that they look like watanabe wheels or using watanabe wheels for an analysis of how the larger wheels fit on the car but that doesn't imply that copying the Watanabe wheel was your first priority. If it was your intent to go after the closest possible thing to a Watanabe wheel, you should have quoted/linked the RB-R a year ago when you started the thread.

The RB fits. It will fit the calipers. I don't think you all can say the same thing about some other style wherein you are trying to push the boundaries for a big lip. It's a little misleading to go chasing a different style. I think you'd all be pissed if a bunch of GB members dropped out and went after another brand that came up and left you holding your (insert bodily part here) after waiting for so long.

Likewise, the $50 savings is irrelevant if I cannot get them in the color I picked out of the list on the link posted. I also notified Kim of my color choice a long time ago and no indications were made that it would be a problem or there were other stipulations. This should have come up months ago. Is no one else a little upset that NEITHER wheel is going to be offered in anything other than 'shiny black' and 'flat black'? LOL

Anyways, I've said my piece. You've worked hard on the group buy and I commend you for it.

Once again, I am sorry. If you read post #1 in the second sentence I mention the Watanabe. In post #5 I posted a picture of a Watanabe. In post #9 I said that these will basically be a set of Watanabe's in 17" for 1/3 of the price. I know people have different preferences as far as styling, I am trying to please both groups here and feel that the RB-R is more in the spirit of the original group buy. They should both look phenomenal. As far as caliper clearance, I specified .875" from face at 5.5" radius, so it should be fine if the manufacture spent the time to read the documents.

As far as color choices being black or shiny black. On the RB at the moment it is only RGM and flat black. On the RB-R I was alerted there shall be significantly more options.

I apologize that all I can offer you is the $50 off and a 'paint it yourself' option, but that is where it is at. You have been 'in' on the group buy for a long time and I do hate to disappoint, but I am trying to keep our options open and go for what I think is going to be the best possible wheel for all of us.

That shiping price is a real kick in the arse.

Is there anyone that can find space in a container or something else?

How many Australian shipments is there going to be?

Maybe we could have our wheels shiped directly instead of going to a distributor in the USA, Not cutting anyones profit , just save some freight.

Yeah, I know. I have thought about the direct thing too. I will talk to the representative about it. As far as I know there are two maybe three shipments that were planned for Aus.

Hi rudy.

I am still very keen for the wheels for this "group buy" and anything you could do to reduce the shipments is greatly appciated. i have just sent Kim an email about the rb rgm wheels to try confirm an order. will hopefully be able rid him of his last set, I think. Dont see many wheels like that on a z here on the street in Australia. So i will gladly take the rarer produced wheel off his hands. love the color too. .Has made my week coming accross this at the last minute. just in time to get my car on the road with the larger brakes, Engine, suspention, (every other part) and two years, back on its feet. : ) and from reading through nearly all the pages, say thanks for being the sort of person that could bring it all togather.

Cheers rb25det 240z.

Hi, rudy

I already send my payment to Kim for RGM (950$) but transport costs have increased (for the france).

Hoping that it remains a kit available to RGM for me.

If this is not the case, how long to get else?

Is what you can do with Kim, because it is difficult to reach by email.

Thanks

Congratulation for this "group buy" and thank you for your investment

(sorry for my english: google translator)

To both of you. I will inquire about your specific cases. Have you both spoken yet to Kim? Just confirming you do realize that shipping now brings the total to $1150 for Australia and probably France? Additionally, the RB-R is coming out soon as well, which is a new style you both might want to wait and see. If you understand all these things, and still want to place this order, go ahead and PM me your names and your email addresses. Thanks! :)

Chris,

You probably have seen my post for the hyper black 8.5's. Interesting enough that the wheel measure 9.5 lip to lip. Does that sound right to you? Also, a side note, after dealing with Kim, I appreciate even more your efforts in this. I believe he is drowning with work and needs to get some help or he is not very organized. Plus there is the language barrier. In the end I got my wheels at the price he quoted:-D

Your talking about the 17x8.5" +4's correct? If so, yes 9.5" lip to lip is correct. Wheels are measured from inside the lips. Each edge adds approximately .5". Thus 8.5" + 2*.5" = 9.5". The RB/RB-R will be 10" front and 10.5" rear by similar measuring methods.

Thank you. He is a combination of all the things you stated. :)

Heads up to RB buyers. There are no more RB's available in RGM at this time. There are still sets of flat black for those of you interested in that.

I HIGHLY advise waiting for the RB-R samples to arrive and be photographed before panicking. If you really have your heart set on the RB style, after seeing the RB-R, I would imagine there would be others like yourself which would make a re-order on the RB viable.

In any case, unless you want flat black RB's, I do advise you merely wait for the release of the RB-R. :)

they are the rgm rbs....they look effing amazing on the z but i think were gonna have some clearance issues with his kit on the front....also these on a coilover zx would be sexxx....hes got tokico 5ways all around, and eibach springs, and msa sways...good suspension but coilovers would tuck them more but you would definately have to roll then FYI cause theyre close on speedbumps which means going 60 on the highway or 40 on the street and hittin a bump is about the same...but all in all hes happy...ill be happy when i can actually get a damn color that i want....let me know when kim can actually offer that, without X number of ppl having to order it, and get them here in the 2 months instead of 5-6 and ill buy a set

let me know when kim can actually offer that, without X number of ppl having to order it, and get them here in the 2 months instead of 5-6 and ill buy a set

Well in the RB that would be never. Unfortunately Kim HAS to order a minimum of 10 sets so... thats how it is. We don't need 10 confirmed on the RB-R because he is willing to stick his neck out. In any case, I will let you know if others are interested in Bronze RB's.

i just wanna know that there are 4, 9.5X17 RBR's with -19, in royal (hyper) black, with my name on them.

I shall ask the representative about this just to make sure.

As far as color choices and such go. Could all those interested in the RB-R's select what color they plan on choosing. Poll is here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=136150

I think this information will help greatly to reduce issues like ordering a color that nobody wants. Thanks guys!

Just got my tires in. My rims should get here probably tomorrow or wed. I think.

Here is a pic of what im upgrading from!!!!!

DSC01153.jpg

Hrmm think ill have more traction. I cant complain with those tires though. They did get me to a 13.67 if i recall right. Dang those are wide. I just cant get over it lol

Jeff

i just wanna know that there are 4, 9.5X17 RBR's with -19, in royal (hyper) black, with my name on them.

Looking at the poll I do not think there will be an issue with this color. I have talked to the representative a bit about color choices and such and he will be ordering colors based off of my recommendations.

So, if you guys would like a specific color, please do go ahead and 'vote' for it on the color poll here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=136150

The representative was quite busy today and we only had a couple moments to speak, but I shall ask him about the unpainted RB's tomorrow. :)

Texas300,

I was told by Kim, (I might have misunderstood him) that the 8.5 only came in a RBR, which is what I have. I believe you are looking at a mixed combo, though you can't see the rear set real well. Look up the thread I have on the Hyper Black RBR's , there are some pics. Either way, the wheels look great on the car!