HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

Someone please post a picture of a set mounted with tires. I just sent my money off and wanna see what they look like mounted.

Thanks,

Stewart

Check out Myron's car: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=135728

I have not weighed them, but I believe they are around 19lbs...I'll try to get a close number (read: crappy bathroom scale) for the 9.5 and 9 tonight.

At this point if anyone would like to donate to me, I would be very grateful! I did not go into this group buy expecting or even wanting anything more than a set of Watanabe look-a-likes. I got exactly what I wanted, albeit it took longer than I expected and it was a bit of a journey, in a good way! I have learned a lot from this experience which is really reward enough in my eyes. The group buy has grown significantly from the initial concept of one style and one size to two styles and two sizes for a total of four unique wheels. After countless hours spent, repeated trips to the supplier, sourcing and mounting four tires, test fits on multiple cars - multiple times due to different wheels, etc. it is an understatement to say we have come a long way over this past year and some! This would not have been possible with out the commitment of our HybridZ family.

I am not a rich man (In fact I am a 20 year old college student, for those who didn't know =P. I first started putting things into 'motion' with this buy back when I was 18... I has been a while!), but I did receive a complimentary set of wheels. Do not feel like you are obligated to give me anything! If you like the wheels and feel like giving back, now you can - I would be very appreciative to say the least. Thanks guys! :)

PS. Naturally I will continue to provide service and support for this group buy.

My address is:

Chris Moris

1824 Alameda Ave.

Davis, CA 95616

Paypal:

chrismoris@gmail.com

Thanks again guys,

Chris Moris

so does anyone know what offset to use for the 17x9.5 wheels in the back and 17x9 in the front on a s30 with no fender flares, just rolling the fender? or is this not possible with the suspension and body clerance? if it is possible i will definately get a set since im also in hayward.

There are no offset options... The 17x9 is a -13 and the 17x9.5" is a -19. You may be able to cover them by just rolling the fenders... but that would be a lot of roll in my opinion. It is not possible to recess them any farther inwards as this would interfere with the suspension. It MAY be possible to gain very minute amounts front and rear, but that would require a different offset which is impossible with out another group buy. Hope that helps!

-Chris

Rims came in and they look much better than I had imagined. The pictures do them no justice. What tire sizes people running? I was looking into 275/40 in back and 255/40 in front. Since i got the staggered set of rims.

Thanks,

Stewart

That is what I am planning on running. :)

They really do look much better in person. They are beautiful wheels.

Guest Widebodys30

Now that the wheels have been received,

mounted and driven on, had ANYBODY had ANY balancing issues?

I have heard just a few stories of their wheels

having balancing/incurable vibration issues...

Any truth to this, or is(hopefully) everyone happy with their purchase?

You should always get your tires installed at a shop that uses a "Road-Force" balancer. This takes the mystery out of tire balance and vibration issues. It will also instantly point to the source of the problem whether it is the tires or the wheels causing the issues.

There are bad tires from nearly every make. A good shop will find these problems BEFORE they get installed on your car. If any of you are having issues with vibration then your best option is to tell the offending shop you will get another opinion from a shop that uses a Road-Force balancer. If they still don't offer a remedy then take your business elsewhere and cancel the payment to the offending shop.

I find it strange that some (me) have been on the list for quite some time waiting to hear from Kim when the wheels should be here, never hearing from him then others getting theirs.

I've been in touch with him told him what I wanted to order (way back when) hyper black, sizes, etc, contacted him the other day as I see hyper black is now avaliable and he tells me the 9.5's are out of stock.

I did send out repeated email messages to you as well as others, as well as multiple posts here in the group buy thread, telling people to contact Kim about ordering. Did you do that and he still did not respond until now? When was way back when? I know there was an issue with people jumping the gun and Kim was probably not able to process these orders before the samples were seen by myself. Let me know what happened and I will talk to him about it, this is unfortunate.

The 9.5"s being out of stock is due to the relatively large number of persons who decided to go 9.5" all around. Hopefully Kim can order some more 9.5's with out the 9".

dsommer and myself are handling it. Thanks guys for your input though. :)

I just sent payment via cc for 17 x 9's in bronze all around. I can't wait! Kim has been prompt in replying to my inquiries, never later than the end of the business day.

This is great to hear. Do take pictures when you have a chance. I would love to see more bronze! :)

That looks awesome Stef! I am glad you waited for the RB-R's as well. What tire are you running? 245 or 235 front?

I haven't figured the center cap bit out myself yet, but I thought they looked cheesy anyway so I wasn't going to use them. If anyone figures that issue out please let us know!

Thanks bud, ye it's 225 actually, the rear is 255, thay are Conti Sports I can't believe how easily the rear end steps out though compared to my stockies previously, if I near flat shift into second I get a nice bit of fishtail LOL.

hey also have we started a "show us" thread yet?? I'm going to take some more piccies so ye link me up Scotty.

Ahhh! I thought I just found my perfect wheel and tire combo :(. I thought they made 16X8.5 wheels, but after searching they don't.. I like the wider lip, but i like the look of 16" wheels more then the 17" ones. I think they look better in the 240s wells.. Anyone wanna convince Rota to make me a 16X8.5 set? Lol. My search would finally be over.. Anyone know if a set is in the making? I will def. hold out on buying some if they are.

Guest coyboy510

I ordered 2 sets: Set #1(17x9.5 all 4 RGM) Set #2(17x9.5 all 4 RBK).

Just to let others feel more "comfortable" with sending money to a non-business store front, I just received 1 of the 2 sets that I ordered via CC. I paid last Monday and received the wheels this Monday. Note that last week was Thanksgiving. Kim also sent me the UPS tracking code. However, I got this the same day I receive the wheels! =P

Kim didn't have all 4 of the 9.5J (RBK) so I have to wait for the next shipment of wheels to get Set #2.

So, currently im 50% squared up on my order.

dsommer and myself are handling it. Thanks guys for your input though. :)

This is great to hear. Do take pictures when you have a chance. I would love to see more bronze! :)