HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

i wish the front caps would fit without bashing the grease caps in. other then that im happy with mine. just waiting on flares. my rb caps fitted so i wonder why the rbr caps didnt fit the front without poping off. she is dirty and has not been washed in a long time. sorry for the bad pics

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Guest coyboy510

Man...I love Z's. Looks good!

So I weighed one of my wheels and the 17x9.5 wheel is 19.8 lbs. Has anyone been concerned about the weight or noticed any handling differences with their RB-Rs? I haven't mounted mine yet...but im upgrading from 15x7 panasports. Not a huge deal cause the Z these are going on is just for cruising around not auto X-ing. However, I'm still curious if these have affected anyone's handling/ride or if isn't noticeable.

Man...I love Z's. Looks good!

So I weighed one of my wheels and the 17x9.5 wheel is 19.8 lbs. Has anyone been concerned about the weight or noticed any handling differences with their RB-Rs? I haven't mounted mine yet...but im upgrading from 15x7 panasports. Not a huge deal cause the Z these are going on is just for cruising around not auto X-ing. However, I'm still curious if these have affected anyone's handling/ride or if isn't noticeable.

Its not so bad for the weight because real Watanabe RS weights around 17 lbs in 16 x 9-9,5 .

Just got my tires mounted today, and got my wheels on the Z, but ran outta daylight before I could take some pics. I'll take some tomorrow barring any rain. For those who have a 280zx, mine is lowered 1" on Suspension Technique springs, and with a 255/40 tire, it will fit nicely in the wells. I have the 17x9 RB-Rs, and they do not stick out past the fender, they sit almost flush.

Picture008.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture010.jpg

these are the 17x9 and 17x9.5? because they dont seem to stick out as much as other cars with the same setup. i might get em and not put flares on my car. they loook great mounted up

I just ordered a set of rota RB's 2 weeks ago for my 240Z.Got a great price on them,just wanted to let potential Rota wheel buyers know that i got my set of 2 16x8 and 2 17x8.5 for only $600 + 49.50 shipping from rushkits.com and if i still remember the guys name Naris.Only thing it's on back order and will take about 2 months.Hopefully this helped, it's my first post.

I used to own a '81 Turbo but have no intentions of owning another 280ZX. However, I'm very interested to see how that looks. You might even say "excited." :)

Hi, here's a couple pics of my ZX with the RB-Rs, but sorry for the poor quality photo. It's from my cell phone. =( Plus the weather still didn't look too promising, so I didn't take it out for a drive to a nicer location. =P I'll post some more pics later once the weather clears up.

280zxRB-R2.jpg

280zxRB-R.jpg

Rudy, my ZX is lowered on Suspension Technique springs with Tokicos shocks. I had to roll my fenders because otherwise it would rub on any little dip. However, my experience is only with the 9" wheels, not the 9.5". Maybe it's different with the 9.5".

BankokZ, thanks for the compliment man. As already posted by others, the wheels are 9" all around with a -13 offset, and the tires are 255/40 Sumitomo HTRZ III tires.

Rudy, my ZX is lowered on Suspension Technique springs with Tokicos shocks. I had to roll my fenders because otherwise it would rub on any little dip. However, my experience is only with the 9" wheels, not the 9.5". Maybe it's different with the 9.5".

It would probably be the same with the 9.5". I don't know anything about the suspension techniques springs or you're drop, just making sure it isn't doing this on a stock or coilover setup! Is the 9" also flush in the rear? I never mounted a 9" on the rear of the 280zx.

Rudypoochris, the rears are pretty flush, although the front wheels do sit a little better. I'll try to take a picture of the Z dead on from the rear to show you how the wheels sit on both front and rear fenders. The drop from the Suspension Techniques springs is ~1 1/8", with the air dam, the drop looks more dramatic though.

Kanzen, thanks haha! I don't think I ever said my ZX was the most badass though. =P There are plenty of people with way nicer ZXs: Yasin, JeffP, Warren and Hudhdogz are some that come to mind. I can only hope my zx will be as nice as theirs someday! :D I'll try though. =)

I believe the RB style may no longer be made in the 17x9" and 17x9.5" due to lack of order volume. There should definitely be RB-R's though. That is what Kim probably meant. If I remember correctly though, Kim may have some RB's in Flat Black left over, as this was an unpopular color. You would have to talk with him more in depth on this one.

I talked to Kim and he said that there are some 17x9 and 9.5 RB-Rs in flat black still available. I think I am one of the only ones who wants that color as I think it will look good on a white car.

I have a 73 240z and it has tokico struts and lowering springs. Currently the car has 14" american racing libre wheels on it(anyone interested, heh?) with 195/70 tires on it. I really like the stance of the car now and I feel like getting 17" wheels might jack it up too much. What kinds of profile tires would you guys recommend using or am i just crazy wrong about that?

Most importantly, I do want to flare the car, but I don't want to do it the proper way (cutting the fenders). That kind of freaks me out and I am hoping that I can still run these wheels without cutting the car up. Does anyone here have these with flares(fenders not cut) and a lowered ride height and have serious issues with rubbing? Rolling the lip is fine with me.

I'm sorry if these are rookie questions, i have read this whole thread basically but I still feel uneasy about a definitive yay or nay. I talked to chris about this and he seems to feel it will work, but I would love to open it up to anyone else.

On a side note, does anyone know of any photos of these wheels in flat black on a Z? I can't find any...

Thanks guys

If you don't want to cut your fenders you will HAVE TO use the 8.5's with the +04 offset-period. I have the 8.5's on my car and it very, very tight with 245 tires and I had to trim the fender lips on the rear to make it work. The 8.5's have the same lip size-3", but they are look more like the rbs because of the curved spokes.

Hope this helps

Putting flares on WITHOUT cutting fenders accomplishes nothing ! You will still have clearance issues [i.e. if they hit before installing the flares, they will still hit after]. The ONLY way to 'gain' by using flares is to cut the openings [as designed].

• 2 weeks later...
Is the 9" also flush in the rear? I never mounted a 9" on the rear of the 280zx.

The rain finally stopped long enough for me to snap a couple of shots of my zx. The 9" wheels sit fairly flush in the rear, but maybe the 9.5" will sit better. I just prefer a non staggered setup as my last set of wheels were staggered, and I didn't like the handling characteristics that came with the setup. I tried to show the 9" from multiple angles. Hope this helps any S130Z owners out there! Sorry my zx is dirty, I've been extremely busy with work, but it's raining again today, so I figured it wasn't worth it to wash and wax it yet. =)

280zxt.jpg

280zxt2.jpg

280zxt3.jpg

280zxt5.jpg

280zxt6.jpg

NewImage2.jpg

NewImage5.jpg

NewImage8.jpg

280zxt8.jpg

Are these still available or has this come and gone?

Newbie to the board and love these wheels for the rebuild of the Z.

Brad

They are still available, Brad 280z.

Simply email Mr. Kim Bong at kimcosmic@juno.com

He is the representative for ROTA Wheels (in the states) and will be more then happy to answer any questions in regards to the wide variety of wheels and sizes available, but more in focus, the RB and RB-R models.

Normally he is very quick to reply, but keep in mind that he is a very busy man and may take some time to reply to your email. He was very quick to reply to me, and was very informative in regards to teh questions I had to ask.

If there are any more questions you would like to ask, please read through this thread/search the thread, ask Mr Bong or alternatively, ask away within the forums, after all, we are here to help.