HybridZ

What do you guys think of these wheels?

I found some wheels I like. They are sportmax 006. I am thinking a 17x8 for the front, and a 17x9 for the rear. They have the right bolt pattern, but in a 35mm offset. What size spacer do you think they will require to fill up a ZG flare on a S30?

006blk.jpg

How do you think they will look?

Very sharp looking wheel, the only problem I can see is the offset, with an offset that high and the fact you are running ZG flares you would need a very large adapter (spacer), based on the offset you stated (35mm) you could start at a 1.5 inch spacer which equals about 37mm, a spacer any larger would push your wheels out further, at this point you may want to measure and see how much further you want to come out. Not sure though if it is wise to use a spacer larger than 1.5 inchs, but people do.

I haven't got flares yet. I didn't think a 9" rim with 245-255 tire would fit the stock fender. I will be running coilovers, and IF I could fit them under the stock fenders with rolling the fender lip I would LOVE to do that. With 17's I should be able to fit a little wider rim that with smaller diameter rims without strut contact. Anyone ever fit a 9" wide rim under the stock fenders? The car's bodywork isn't done yet, so slight modification isn't out of the picture.

You'd need at least an inch spacer to fill out ZG's. I have them in my garage and test fit them on my wagon which has ZG's and they are sunk in quite a bit. These are 18x9.5's with 275-35-18's. Offsets from a 510 are pretty similar to a 240z so this gives you a idea at least. Compare to the last pic with my regular 18x10 Racing Hart C2's.

Not the lightest, but for the price they are hard to beat for a good looking wheel.

Datsun 082_thumb.jpg

Datsun 080_thumb.jpg

Datsun 081_thumb.jpg

AnthonySchwisow_thumb.jpg

aaaarrrggghhh nooo! don't buy them! i've got them on my z! i can't stand it when somebody else has the same stuff as me! .....jk do it! they look awesome, especially the 9" rear wheels with the modern motorsports spacers, they look pretty sick from the back.

edit: but for any reason if you do decide to not use flares and go with just the honda to z adapters, make sure you dont use anything bigger than a 35 series tire cause you will rub

I was seriously looking at those rims, and I think they would work good without ZG's. You can find them on eBay for pretty decent prices almost all the time (search for Nissan 17 staggered). The only reason I'm not getting them is I decided to run 8.5's all around for a little easier fit and arguably a better setup for autocross.

Search Clifton's setup as he is running this size rims's with serious rubber under stock fenders.

aaaarrrggghhh nooo! don't buy them! i've got them on my z! i can't stand it when somebody else has the same stuff as me! .....jk do it! they look awesome, especially the 9" rear wheels with the modern motorsports spacers, they look pretty sick from the back.

edit: but for any reason if you do decide to not use flares and go with just the honda to z adapters, make sure you dont use anything bigger than a 35 series tire cause you will rub

You don't happen to have any pictures do you? What size spacer did you run, and are you running flares? For the spacers I would use the ones that bolt to the hub, and have their own lug stud in the spacer.