HybridZ

Check out this weird turbo...

OlderThanMe

Actually, it's delivering exhaust to one side of the turbine wheel on both edges and the gasses flow through the turbine blades (up towards the sky, in that photo) to get to the exit. That would work fine with split dual exhaust manifold

Actually, it's delivering exhaust to one side of the turbine wheel on both edges and the gasses flow through the turbine blades (up towards the sky, in that photo) to get to the exit. That would work fine with split dual exhaust manifold

Given the diameter of the exhaust intakes, that makes sense. Looks like they 'dive' under the turbine.

I'm not sure I follow, you're saying that the exhaust routes towards the "ground" in that pic, and comes back towards the "sky" to spin the blade (like a fuel saving tornado), as opposed to a normal automotive turbo that spins the blade from the edge?

The only way i can see that working is that the exhaust goes around the circumference of the housing, in through the top and out through the other top, and spins the rotor, which pulls in intake air through the side facing the camera and it is compressed by an equally strange compressor housing.