HybridZ

Ebay - Bob Sharp Datsun Camel GT Pace Race IMSA GTU Z

sulla

just placed a call to the seller [hoping to hear back soon] to see what he thinks it'll bring. the car is only about 30 min from my house, got to see, feel, touch, smell and sit in it before. pretty much everything but drive it!

the seller has a number of great other z's and datsuns, including vin 006!

Thats all great... But would YOU hybridize it?

I would.

Nah, I'd start from scratch and spend 1/2 as much money. This is not as bad, but still kind of like the Frisselle car. BEAUTIFUL car, but why spend $275K on a 240Z when you could build 6 or 7 similar cars (and not skimp at all) for that kind of money. You're paying a LOT for the Bob Sharp name on this one, so in the spirit of Hybrid Z I'd build my own instead...

Thats all great... But would YOU hybridize it?

I would.

If I paid what it's worth to get it, no. I'd put it in a storage container, maybe flush the fluids now and then and bring it to a show here and there to drive around a parking lot, but that's about it. I'd let the value rise.

If it was given to me... oh heck yea!

If I paid what it's worth to get it, no. I'd put it in a storage container, maybe flush the fluids now and then and bring it to a show here and there to drive around a parking lot, but that's about it. I'd let the value rise.

If it was given to me... oh heck yea!

Hell with that. I would use it for track days. The track is what it was built for.

Oh I agree completely. I just can't see blowing the kinda of money it's worth devaluing it. I'd be too scared.

It's like how a lot of guys will buy a lotus over a lot of other supercars simply because they're cheaper, thus less afraid to race.

That Z is a part of history, and if it really goes for 100k+ that's just too much money to loose because of one accident at the track.