HybridZ

KATU News 240Z Tail Ended

Dave

http://www.katu.com/news/local/8855457.html

By Associated Press

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) - The State Patrol said a Redmond man was paralyzed in a rear-end collision when a loose speaker in his car went flying and broke his neck.

It happened Saturday when the 27-year-old Redmond man was stopped at a I-405 onramp in Kirkland. His 1973 Datsun 240-Z was rear-ended by a 1998 Ford F250 pickup truck.

The impact threw the large stereo speaker into the driver's neck. He was in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with quadriplegic paralysis.

The driver of the pickup truck was not injured.

The State Patrol said speakers should be mounted with brackets that can withstand sudden stops and impacts.

Guest bojo68

Which brings up a question. Anybody ever seen any type of seatbelt arrangement for 150# dogs in the back of a z? I'm thinking 250~300# of dogs in the same situation could be just as bad or worse.

holy ♥♥♥♥ that Z is totaled....i wonder what he wants for the headlights......

What a dip $hit thing to say...... :fmad:

No kidding. I hope this isn't a new trend. I've noticed A LOT of newer members emerging recently with this same kind of .......... uh .......... typing :rolleyesg

Must be the summer surge. Maybe it'll be better when schools back in session.

No kidding. I hope this isn't a new trend. I've noticed A LOT of newer members emerging recently with this same kind of .......... uh .......... typing :rolleyesg

Must be the summer surge. Maybe it'll be better when schools back in session.

I feel the same way.

Wow...That's incredible. Just another reason I don't care to upgrade my stereo systems beyond the stock locations. New speakers maybe, but I don't need anything extra. As long as I can hear it and it's not bothering anyone else I'm happy. I feel for the guy driving the car. If he's anything like us, the pain of loosing such a beautiful car is probably as bad as possibly being paralyzed the rest of your life.

What a dip $hit thing to say...... :fmad:

relax, pull that stick out your tailpipe, everyones said something or other that was taken the wrong way or out of context, i didn't mean for it to be taken wrong, it was a joke. i've seen "veterans" of the site ask for parts off cars when people post pics of a car they just bought...is that okay???

sorry i havn't been on here for 6+ years with over 2,000 posts.....

6 years x 365 days = 2190.....almost a post a day, every day, for 6 years, sorry i don't have your amazing dedication torwards a car forum......

FJ 280z wrote:

relax, pull that stick out your tailpipe, everyones said something or other that was taken the wrong way or out of context, i didn't mean for it to be taken wrong, it was a joke. i've seen "veterans" of the site ask for parts off cars when people post pics of a car they just bought...is that okay???

sorry i havn't been on here for 6+ years with over 2,000 posts.....

6 years x 365 days = 2190.....almost a post a day, every day, for 6 years, sorry i don't have your amazing dedication torwards a car forum......

It's always amazes me when someone says something stupid, then compounds it by saying something else stupid in defense of the first statement. This site has standards, and I'm afraid you're not meeting them. One of the things we respect here is, well, respect for others. "pull that stick out of your tailpipe" kind of thing just doesn't cut it. "I'm sorry, it was a joke, my bad" might have shown you to be a mature, grown up guy. Instead, you went for the "pissy prick" option.

BTW, Mr. Soileau has that many posts because he asks a lot of questions, gives a lot of answers, and is widely respected; his assistance is often requested and always well appreciated. He's spent countless hours helping people who need it - as has every one of the old-timers on the board. For those guys, it isn't about post count or popularity points, it's about being a decent person, an inspiring teacher, and a worthwhile member of a community.

FJ 280z wrote:

It's always amazes me when someone says something stupid, then compounds it by saying something else stupid in defense of the first statement. This site has standards, and I'm afraid you're not meeting them. One of the things we respect here is, well, respect for others. "pull that stick out of your tailpipe" kind of thing just doesn't cut it. "I'm sorry, it was a joke, my bad" might have shown you to be a mature, grown up guy. Instead, you went for the "pissy prick" option.

BTW, Mr. Soileau has that many posts because he asks a lot of questions, gives a lot of answers, and is widely respected; his assistance is often requested and always well appreciated. He's spent countless hours helping people who need it - as has every one of the old-timers on the board. For those guys, it isn't about post count or popularity points, it's about being a decent person, an inspiring teacher, and a worthwhile member of a community.

Well said!

relax, pull that stick out your tailpipe, everyones said something or other that was taken the wrong way or out of context, i didn't mean for it to be taken wrong, it was a joke.

You made a joke about vulturing parts from a guy who is in the hospital with major injuries. Please explain how that can be taken out of context.

Guest Death69

i think we all need to start making sure items in the rear are properly secured. this could easily happen to anyone if of us you think about it.