HybridZ

The city says the car must go

buZy

Got a letter today from the local cops. The 78 280z parts car I have must go as dated today 8/7/07 in 30 days or they will screw me with fines. Don't these people have better things to do...It's sad. So to give back to all you hybridz memebers who have helped me so much.

You all can have it, ....Free Parts! ...what ever is left of it.

You just cover shipping costs only on large or heavy parts typical. Small stuff light, Free.

The only thing I am keeping is both complete doors.

If interested, PM only with me Direct requests cause it wont be here long!

EDIT:

(The tail lights there in one piece, but the filler panels are gone. Also gone is the stubbies, half shafts and front hubs. keep in mind the body totally All RUSTED GONE from a life MN winters. Most interior pieces are in good shape the but main console is pretty wasted. Cracked dash lol. Rack n pinion should still be good. Steering collum is good complete but covers are gone. front grill is complete with turn lights but it ain't pretty rusty but not smashed or bent, restorable. The sealed but rusty outside R200 open diff, probobly not worth cutting out due to heavy shipping shipping since they are everywhere anyways. Don't ask for the tranny, or N47 head... im not going there. Just the easy basic stuff. Complete suspension/strut housings are there but Very Rusty. I would imagine the cartriges are very seized in them. But if someone wants them there are esay to cut out. Again heavy, probobly not worth your time.)

Brian

HPIM0705.JPG

HPIM0707.JPG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian: It's Code Enforcement that is giving you headaches, not the "Cops". The problem is that you can see this car from the street, and its an isore. What you need to do is place a cover over it and put it behind your side gate or in the garage. If its not visible from the street, there's really no problem. Someone on your block complained or a Code Ofcr. just happened to notice it as he was driving by. If you are using it for parts, then start taking a few off and storing it in your garage. Just get it out of sight. Thats all you really need to do, after all its a donor car isn't it?

VAN

Van, You are right .Its not the police as they are good guys really. I respect them Alot. I just know its my cheezy neighbor and his bitch of a wife (opps). Cops was just a metaphor. The officer I asked if I could cover it, Nope. She was smoking hot by the way. Hot babe in uniform, damm no ring should have asked her out! I'd love to hide it, but im not putting that piece of crap in my garage lol! Yea I will pull parts and donate but, its time for her to go:(

ya, i got the same thing when i was working on my car.... so i had to get her running in 10 days >:(

anyway, i'll probably hit you up for a few parts (radiator, moustache bar, front diff mount, )

The rad doesnt leak from sitting for years outside not running must be wasted corroded inside, unless its a core youre after? but if you want it no problem. The rest, Rusted! Serious, check it out. Mbar might cut out ok, the rest rusted, more like welded soild together. These pieces really gone beyond saving Jason. The hood spring and pivots are good if someone wants them.

HPIM0815.JPG

HPIM07061.JPG

HPIM0816.JPG

Guest TeamNissan

Its very nice of you to offer, that said...

How is the hood? or is there a hood? lol and mirrors? shift knob? fender bolts and rubber pieces? battery to starter cable? How about the pins and buttons that hold the plastic interior pieces in place? oil cap? the rear driver side hard brake line? cig lighter?

Its very nice of you to offer, that said...

How is the hood? or is there a hood? lol and mirrors? shift knob? fender bolts and rubber pieces? ? How about the pins and buttons that hold the plastic interior pieces in place? oil cap? the rear driver side hard brake line? cig lighter?

Hood no. Drivers door mirror yes. Interior mirror yes. shift knob yes. fender bolts and rubber pieces??? How about the pins and buttons that hold the plastic interior pieces in place no. oil cap yes. the rear driver side hard brake line no(rusted lol). cig lighter yes

A friend of mine had the same thing happen. After getting upset he went down and spent $15 to get a permit for a shed on his property, and then proceeded to build a 2x4 frame around the car and put some siding on it. The car never moved. While he was doing it, the code enforcement folks came out again, this time followed by the annoyed neighbor (everybodys got one it seems). He showed them the permit for the shed, they laughed, admired the car, and went on their merry way. The annoyed neighbor remained annoyed.

A friend of mine had the same thing happen. After getting upset he went down and spent $15 to get a permit for a shed on his property, and then proceeded to build a 2x4 frame around the car and put some siding on it. The car never moved. While he was doing it, the code enforcement folks came out again, this time followed by the annoyed neighbor (everybodys got one it seems). He showed them the permit for the shed, they laughed, admired the car, and went on their merry way. The annoyed neighbor remained annoyed.

:lmao: I love annyoing neighbors!! If you cant (dont want to) move it...build around it!

does the 280z have the winsheld chrome like the 260z? if it does i will take the upper corner piece on the passenger side.

Yes it does. It has that upper corner piece intact. If you want it PM me with your details.

You could donate the door skins to DavyZ so they could make 280Z car fiberglass door skin with speaker holes ?

I have moved from the SF Bay Area to the Carolinas. The fiberglass door skin thread in the body and paint forum has Pete's (Rayven) contact information. He's the one that needs them for mocking up panels to fit the 280Z. Thanks for remembering me though ;)

Davy