HybridZ

Fast and the Furious 4

datsun280zx81

The people who make those movies are so hopelessly out of touch with the scene they are trying to exploit...I have a class at school with a guy that was a producer at EA when they were making Need for Speed: Underground, and the way he describes what he calls "tuner culture" was pretty funny. "...these idiots that go to other states to get rare car parts..." I was thinking: "I went to another state to get a car part once...too bad Need for Speed: underground was a terrible game!" As a side note, I also have an art class with the guy that did the computer model for the Godzilla that was featured in the Matthew Broderick version.

So if this movie is supposed to be pitting "American Muscle" against "JDM" why aren't they using real muscle cars? Don't get me wrong I'm stoked their using the new Camaro but it's more of a luxury car than anything else, but I guess that's what everyone wants to see these days no appreciation for the factory street fighters. On the plus side they won't be tearin up anything that isn't replaceable now and I won't cringe when they wreck something.

I bet everytime one of the movies or games have come out theres been a surge in car crashes involving "high performance" cars driven by teens.

IDK how much you mean by surge but I'm sure there is a fair amount of kids trying to copy the actors in the movie. I just hope they don't try to copy the stunts in the third FnF. Some of those mountain drift scenes are nuts to try without proper training.

a lot of kids have the "If they can do it, I can do it!" mentality, and they don't actually THINK "hey, these guys are pro's that have trained for MANY years"

I've had my run in with people like that. I know my limits quite well, but i suppose a lot of kids haven't had that smack in the face of going upside down in the rain due to hydroplaning into a ditch yet.

(i was going under the speed limit, but the car spun a full 360 and slid into a very steep ditch, it was hopeless, even though i managed to get the car straight)