HybridZ

Which color centers for my new CCW Classics?!

Guest 280ZForce

Which color center faces for my CCW Classics?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which color center faces for my CCW Classics?

• All Polished
    • Satin Black w/ Polished Lips/Center Caps
    • Black Centers w/ Red Ring around ARP Bolts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like the black with a chrome lip, I feel it makes the wheels look a little wider, they dont draw away from the rest of the car.

With full chrome wheels, I feel that it draws your eyes to the wheels and away from the rest of the car. But with the black center and the chrome lip, it copliments the car, but does not distract from the car itself.

consider painting the entire wheel red, and then covering the sides of the spoked portions and painting the face black, that way it retains the black colour and looks like a full black wheel. But it will not make look like a regular black wheel with "holes" like steelie, which I can agree with ron tyler on.

This way, you get the black colour, with some colourful depth to compliment the colour of the car, with which you've done a fine job on accenting already.

and keep the chrome trim rings on the tail light panel. I dont see them looking as good painted black, as someone mentioned. especially if you keep the wheels and the misc emblems and bits on the car chromed.

Have you considered a hyper-black chrome? or even a bronze? i Like bronze black and red. looks gangster!

Guest 280ZForce
try flat red or the paint red, and not anodizing red...

how's this? it's a previous photoshop of the wheels on my car off a porsche, but then added the red lip...

rim12.jpg

that last picture looks awesome, heaps better than the thin red line around the bolts.

however i'd keep them polished for a few months atleast until you were certain you wanted to go down one of the other paths (of which i'd go black centres red lip if its not a daily driver, purely because it would get to much attention as a daily :D)

black center, red lip looks too much like a toy car in this case if you blur your eyes. part of the reason why black would look weird is because as ron stated, it looks good from about 10 feet, but also because in the sunlight, the black on the wheels will not match the black on the plastic parts of the car.