HybridZ

#248 is home! Pics inside...

dat240zg

Well, I went and picked up the Z this morning and the paint is finally done!

Gotta be honest...man, do I feel jazzed! It was awesome to go finally roll it back in to the garage for reassembly. To think that it started with this a year ago:

DSC03203.JPG

And here was this morning:

65.jpg

Here are a couple of more pics:

1112.jpg

56.jpg

38.jpg

Today I was able to get the wiring done for the rear of the car and a few other things. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Bryan

Thanks much guys. It's sitting pretty high right now. The coilovers are set about as high up as they can go to make it easier for them to tape up and get around the car when it was at the shop. I'll drop it back down here in the next week or so after I get to installing the brake lines and such.

Thanks again for the kind words. My goal is to get it finished in time for the Tulsa Route 66 car show in November.

Bryan

We ended up having a "memorial service" :) and then cut just ahead of the strut towers.

Here was why:

248_Resto_006.jpg

248_Resto_005.jpg

What the pics don't show was the twisting and tweaking of the frame rail on the drivers side. At some point someone had covered the damage with bondo, but it was out by a quarter inch.

During the repair:

DSC03635.jpg

After:

Engine_Bay_with_new_paint.JPG

Front_Suspension_with_old_wheels1.JPG

Yesterday (Saturday) I was able to re-run the wiring harness, wire up the taillights, antenna and subwoofer. Hope to make more progress today.

Bryan