HybridZ

So are Z sellers on crack now, or have values gone up?

auxilary

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey aux, did you see that ultra low mile 280ZX on craigslist a few months ago?

Anyways, this guy wanted like 10+k or something for a dealer showroom condition, ultra low miles 280ZX. Basic NA with silver paint and grey interior, t tops, power everything.

People are nuts, no doubt about it. And I hope the prices stay low, otherwise I WILL move on to another platform. The Z is the best balance of price and potential that I've ever found, and one could even say the S130 and Z31 are cheap for their potential too, just a different and heavier era.

The question remains... what WOULD we switch to if the Z cars become too expensive to build?

I didn't buy mine for resale but it doesn't hurt to know that they hold some value. (Gonna take it with me to the grave)

x7Qc05kgQjOCIGWMOEuUsbnWIceQ1.jpg

I still get just as many looks with my inexpensive Z as most guys get with there $35k + cars. Mostly because people are not sure what type of car it is they are looking at.

Also because it has just as much eye appeal.

Hi guys....First time poster here. This site is a great resource...thanks for all the good info.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I think part of the escalated values are based on geography. Here in the Northeast, people pay a bit more...considering so many S30s rotted away in these parts. I'm lucky to have a picked up a solid 70 240z a few years ago...feel like the values are shooting up within the last year or two....maybe due to buyers in the rust belt seeking out solid cars...that are a rarity in their locales.

Side note - I just cruised West Coast Craigslist posts (LA, OC, San Diego)....man you guys are lucky....so many solid cars to choose from for nice prices....thinking about shipping a couple back east :burnout:

Nice strut bar made out of some scrap left over from the kitchen window...lol

...same stuff he made the "bumpers" out of. He keeps talking about it being a Cobra, yet it's all stock Z body panels (in different colors to boot) and a missing hood.

22K is top dollar for a Z but I've got to say I love this car. Very clean. Kind of looks like my car but with better paint, carpet, color glass interior, exterior...etc. Well maybe not. :(

Asking prices and selling prices are two very different things. Actual price trends for clean driver 240Zs are basically flat, at least here in SoCal. A car that sold two years ago for $4,500 sells this year for $4,500. My 1971 driver sold for $6,500 18 months ago and sold last month for $6,500. Now its being advertised in Canada for $13,500.