HybridZ

MSA TYPE 3 airdam installed pics

wigenOut-S30

Anyone else have a love/hate thing for these MSA type 3's?

I love this car:

msa3wf2.th.jpg

msa3wf2.th.jpgmsa3re1.jpg

But I've seen a lot of cars that they just look cheesy on.

How do they look in person? I've never seen one up close. Does it fit the style of the car, or does it take away from the "classicness" of the car?

Sorry to go off topic.

Justin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ So is a 8ft wide 6 ft high aluminum wing.

Anyways looks good. So the motors out does this mean a new engine or just a refurbish?

Here is whats going in.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=128484

Im also installing my new MS&S thanks to Speeder (Rick bowers!!)

and 440CC injectors and stock t3 for now..

yeah I do, it can be pulled off... but IMHO the full msa 3 body kits looks kinda ricerish...

Ah, I had to read that again. I agree that the entire body kit may not be appealing to everyone. I was somehow equating the front air-dam only, not the full kid,with your post, sorry. Serves me right for reading too quickly. Still, looks aside, functionality is another issue. The Type III air-dam is pretty darn cool in my opinion. I don't think it's overdone on an otherwise stock-bodied S30. If I didn't have a custom one waiting to go on, I'd spring for one...

Davy

• 1 month later...
I've always hated Gnose but the one that was posted in this thread... damn bro. That is SICK lookn' very nice. I like the MSA type 3 on it as well. Looks like it's ready to hit the track going sideways!

Props man.

LOL thanks, its just a photoshop. Wish my car was at least somewhere close to that....

Tyson

Ok I painted my type3 and mounted it. I will push the car out in the light and get some better shots.. but here is what I have so far.. I really like this front end and I cannot wait to get some driving lights for her..

l_11f316acc722074a0d7a6fa02c713b41.jpg

l_fcec636b6c03c8353df1b9f4749d0b1a.jpg

l_5265d89609f6c04032a3946a52a9da3b.jpg

Looks great man, what size intercooler is that?

Suggestion..... For driving lights you might want to look at the ones from a 99-02 Camaro. They're about 2-1/2" - 3" in diameter, and it looks like they would fit nicely into the openings on the Type III airdam. I used them on my car with a Type II and the stock Chevy mounting brackets were a perfect fit for spacing and placement. I wired them to the no longer used rear defroster switch on the console. You'll have to do some homework on the whole circuit, but it can be done.