HybridZ

Finally Painted! I need decal options.

datsun40146

First of all sorry guys no pictures right now, I'm sorry. You'll have to wait about two weeks. The questions I needed opinions on were this. The car is painted 350z chrome silver metallic and I wanted to break that up a bit as I shaved everything off the car. IE bucket lines, emblems, markers, bumpers, ect. Anyway my plans are to use two racing stripes in black very similar to the Mustang 350H. Here is a picture

mump_0608_shelby_09_z1966_hertz_she.jpg

I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on that set of stripes to see if it would work on the car, to give you some food for thought here is a somewhat close pictures to what my car looks like minus the spoiler and markers, lines ect.

ecb4d99e.jpg

Finally I plan on doing side stripes similar to this only instead of Porsche it would say DATSUN ot 280Z or something.

OlsenCali1086894703-1.jpg

Let me know. Here is an example of what I could find. If someone could post a picture of the dealer options for the side decals. Or if someone has the Photoshop skills could you please to a quick over-lay? I can do some things with Photoshop but I don't have access to the program anymore.

One more thing the car has an astro-van chrome billet grill fitted to the front for an example of this find briann510's orange car. That’s all I got give me you best Hybridz!

Thanks

Can you post more pictures of your car? The one you posted has me itching to find out how that front looks from other angles...

That Z pic is of my 240. I had plenty of pics from different angles in the imagestation album referenced in my signature, but imagestation got shut down. I've been planning to put the pics back up on another service, but haven't found the time to do so.

There is no reason in my book that you should put stripes on a Z. End of story. The car only came with a "ZZZAP" option that had stripes. If you were to do stripes, then work off of that one. It was a yellow car with multi colored parts of the stripe. Use that but go with grays and silvers to match your paint scheme. Only if you want stripes. I am just not a fan of stripes unless they are on a rustang or a camaro like they came from the factory......

There is no reason in my book that you should put stripes on a Z. End of story. The car only came with a "ZZZAP" option that had stripes. If you were to do stripes, then work off of that one. It was a yellow car with multi colored parts of the stripe. Use that but go with grays and silvers to match your paint scheme. Only if you want stripes. I am just not a fan of stripes unless they are on a rustang or a camaro like they came from the factory......

:lmao:

Yeah, and I definately wouldn't get rid of the original hubcaps or mod the engine or in any other way try to make it "yours".:flamedevi

Back Purist Back I Say!!! All kidding aside thanks everyone for the ideas on the car, I am going with the stripe package in black. I think once I get some photos of my car i'll post them and then see what you guys think at that point. Right now my plan is to buy or make the zstores side decals/stripes and have 8 to 10 inch wide dual racing stripes down the car. However I am considering not putting them on the roof. People keep telling me thats tacky for some reason. Anyone want to try to explain that to me? Thanks again hybridz!

LOL say what you will. but as they say everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I like a CLEAN, uncomplicated canvas. Let the paint speak for itself. I have never seen the need for "go Fast Stripes" on any car that didn't have them from the factory...Hell I am not even sold on some of the stripes from the factory. To me the stripes break up the car too much and make it look choppy.

Just don't ruin it by putting in a Camaro engine! :shock:

standard.jpg

Striping on blueovalz's car.

I think ithe stripes looks great, and I think you should continue them over the top as well. I'm not so sure about doing the side stripes and the stripes on the top, but it's your car to do with as you please.

For the stripes, how bout one big one offset to the side, or a big one with a small one next to it down the middle.

Kinda like this |[]

Mario

bah. these kinds of stripes are cheesy IMO... no offense to anyone that likes those...

But, this is what I imagine when I see those stripes.

Man 1: Man, [takes a swig] I put dem racing strips on my car, and now everyone's got racing stripes. [takes a swig]

Man 2: Yeah Man, [takes a swig] that's lame...copycats...[takes a swig]

Man 1: WAIT! ... Are you thinkin what I'm thinkin?

Man 2: What? Mullets, and 'Maro's? hehehehe[takes a swig] hehe

Man 1:Well, yeah, but [takes a swig] What if [takes a swig]....I [takes a swig] make one of the stripes bigger than the other one....on purpose....[takes a swig] OH! aaaand maybe, put them off to the side, so they ain't in the middle.[takes 2 swigs]

Man 2: yeaaaaaaah. [takes a swig]

:mrgreen:

one matte black stripe that starts with the curve in the front bubble on the hood and goes over the roof. over the back hatch and stops on the trunk lid. maybe goes all the way down the back of the car.

on the side get the decals that say Datsun in matte black. ive seen them before..

you could do something like this maybe:

newtires1.jpg

except that i already did it...