HybridZ

Anyone here that plays in the stock market?

HoustonZ

I'm staying far, far away from big boards. Those guys are getting beat up bad!

Yeah, most people lose their shirt in the penny market. If you are careful and cautious, but know when to take risks, it can be amazing. I'm all in one stock right now, COPI. I've been adding since it was $.008. It just hit $.072!!!

We're hoping to hit a dime by the end of the week and a quarter by the end of the month.

Penny stocks isn't a game, or it is a serious game. Yes I invest in penny stocks, faster turnaround and daily changes (buy & sell). I won and lost over the years, study your markets, read a lot, visit the company if you can, adjust your goals toward your choices, there are tons of strategies.

Read, read and read ! It is a business in itself, and a quite profitable one if you work hard at it. Sell when you hit your goals and don't look back, don't keep stocks until the end...you keep it too long you lose hard!

Don't be emotional about stocks (Gekko) I have been once and lost...let's say it would have paid my mortgage in full plus some.

Have Fun!!

Dayz

CF,

Yeah, I invest a lot of time in reading every week. I don't give advice for stocks, that is a rule by me. I don't feel comfortable if a loss happens.

As you said, don't put your eggs in the same basket, diversify, that is how Funds make money, you lose one day you win the next. Remember that you depend 100% on the economy and speculations where you have no control on.

Personally I don't like stock spiking like this, another strategy that people use is to cut their stocks, they cut their stock (sell a certain % now and keep some for later, sell a % later, etc.)

All depends as well on your costs of trading per transaction, and the amount of shares you have. If you only have 10$ in stock and it costs you 10$ per transaction it might not be wise to spend a % of the capital on transactions.On the other end if you have 10 000$ in stocks, 10$ is a small %

of your capital.

Make your decision analysis tree and follow it, Without emotions !!

I just bought my mother Crash Proof by Peter Schiff. I haven't invested in stocks yet, but I plan to in the near future. I just need to find out a bit more information and know the game.

Peter Schiff suggests Americans to invest overseas because the value of the dollar is steadily declining. Anyway, the book seems to be getting really good reviews (4.5/5 on amazon).

cf, in the chart you posted the stock price is above both the 10 & 50 day ma [moving average], you may consider that a sell indication [although there are others to go by as well] and lock in your gain. then look to buy back once the price falls below the ma. this will create some short term cap gains for you but taxation on something is better than no tax on nothing...fwiw.

hit the books/internet, there is a ton of great information out there but it will take time, patience & luck to pull a profit.

I dabble in stocks....but banks, some communication and CAT.....beyond that I stay with funds cause I just dont have the time of day to track it all.....I did find the following article that may be helpful for those aspiring stock tycoons...............

If you had purchased $1,000 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, itwould now be valued at $49.00.

With Enron, you would have $16.50 remaining of the original $1000.00.

With World Com, you would have less than $5.00 left.

Had you purchased $1,000 worth of Delta Air Lines stock you would have

a net balance of $49.00.

If you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the

beer then returned the cans for the refund, you would have $214.00.

Therefore, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and

recycle.

(this of course is based on Canadian empty bottle return rates but Im sure it can be recalculated for regional indexes) :-)

Well, I told my parents to buy nintendo stock back in the summer before the gamecube came out. Stocks were at $8 a share or so. They bought me some stock as a christmas present at $21 a share, 10 shares.

I told them again about 10 months before the Wii came out, "BUY NINTENDO STOCK!!!" And they did. My mom put about 80% of her stock portfolio and regrets not putting more in, even borrowing money if she had to. She bought at $14, and sold it at $65, and it's still climbing.

I've been watching the coates rotary cam company. They just signed thier first big contract with a company building engines for generator purposes. I really wanna see them take off, because I think they have a product that could replace all DOHC camshafts on the market, if the company would just hurry up and grow. So I'm watching closely, and once their foundation is dry and hard, I'm gonna put some money into them.

I'm not sure I could do penny stocks though. I really need to feel I know a company before investing. Doing stocks on a day to day basis just seems to risky to me. Granted, I'll admit I'm just a mere novice when it comes to the stock market.

In Vegas, at least you can count the cards. It makes the odds of a big payoff at least statistically viable. You can make money actively trading, but going to Vegas with $400 and playing Blackjack has as much upside potential in hours as opposed to days. And you at least get a vacation out of it.

Not a player, more of a long term buyer, compound interest, DRIP kind of guy...

If I was to 'buy' anything right now, it would be "F" when it hits anything near $6 even, and ride (short term for me) the next three years to see where it goes.

As for creative ways of financing, how does your wife/girlfriend/lifepartner feel about you possibly doing some manwhore work?

Well, I told my parents to buy nintendo stock back in the summer before the gamecube came out. Stocks were at $8 a share or so. They bought me some stock as a christmas present at $21 a share, 10 shares.

I told them again about 10 months before the Wii came out, "BUY NINTENDO STOCK!!!" And they did. My mom put about 80% of her stock portfolio and regrets not putting more in, even borrowing money if she had to. She bought at $14, and sold it at $65, and it's still climbing.

I've been watching the coates rotary cam company. They just signed thier first big contract with a company building engines for generator purposes. I really wanna see them take off, because I think they have a product that could replace all DOHC camshafts on the market, if the company would just hurry up and grow. So I'm watching closely, and once their foundation is dry and hard, I'm gonna put some money into them.

I'm not sure I could do penny stocks though. I really need to feel I know a company before investing. Doing stocks on a day to day basis just seems to risky to me. Granted, I'll admit I'm just a mere novice when it comes to the stock market.

Do you have any more information on the Coates engine? I read their site and am very interested