HybridZ

Fast and the Furious 4 casting call...

BurnoutZ

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the first one come out (holy crap, it was close to 10 years ago!), I took my '68 440-powered Plymouth Fury to opening night and carted some friends along. The parking lot was a madhouse, and abuzz with fartcans. The Fury stood out like the proverbial sore thumb, but it didn't get any guff.

Fishtailing and tire smoke was the order of the night after the movie ended. One friend enjoyed sliding across the back seat through the turns, and hearing him say 'Wheeeeee!' as his grinning face flew by in the rear view mirror was hilarious.

...I DO NOT condone such behavior now. It's the reason that car is now rusting all over the world in the form of cheap razor blades. The Mazda 626 that it impaled itself upon added insult to fatal injury by DRIVING AWAY with nothing more than a couple of messed up bumpers and a leaking radiator.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey people

With the FF4 date set about a month away. I want to set a cruise for the weekend of the release. Figured it would be awesome to show up to the movies with a bunch of z cars. So cal is where its going to be. Basically what im thinking of doing is a 100mile cruise.

Places we will hit:

Santiago canyon run

Laguna Canyon run

PCH all the way to San pedro from the canyons

Royal Palms state beach (park and eat): also where FF4 movie was shot at. Finally "Block of Orange" to watch FF4

Offical invite page:

http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?info&eid=65760641018#/event.php?eid=65760641018&ref=mf

Should be a great day. Hope you guys can come.

I just can't view the facebook page without logging in...

Just east of Corona, Man. Parked on '260 Island' ever since MSA moved to the new venue, and in attendance at every MSA event there ever been!

"I'm worldwide" LOL (Literally, I'm sending this to you from Mohammedia, Morocco)

Actually, if I get information on it, we can put it out to the Orange county Z Car Club (Group Z) as well as the four other Z-Car Clubs in SoCal depending on how big a splash you want to make.

If it's like Empire Z's Avocado Run, they had 70 Z's from four clubs show for that run. That would be impressive in the parking lot. Maybe even local newsworthy....

Thats fine with me. Id love that actually. How big of a splash do I want to make? I want to make a tsunami haha.

Def. Invite them.

The route is basically going to be meeting in Huntington beach (pch) to Newport beach, Santiago canyon road to laguna canyon road back on pch to san pedro to the state beach where a couple of movie scenes from the movie were shot, then to the block of orange to see the movie.

If you need more details to help me recruit. Pm me. Ill give you all the info in detail to let them know.

Actually, if I get information on it, we can put it out to the Orange county Z Car Club (Group Z) as well as the four other Z-Car Clubs in SoCal depending on how big a splash you want to make.

If it's like Empire Z's Avocado Run, they had 70 Z's from four clubs show for that run. That would be impressive in the parking lot. Maybe even local newsworthy....

• 4 weeks later...

I'll probably catch flack for this but I actually like the f n f series. I have this strange obsession with cars, all cars, and even though I know that these movies are nothing but hollywood fantasy, it's still fun.

Stupid thing about this though, I will buy a movie just because it has a cool car on the cover, ended up with some retarded indie film that had an old mustang on the cover. The wife likes that movie though.

I'm happy that the Z is getting some representation, hopefully someone will see that and start producing some aftermarket support for us.