HybridZ

Fast and the Furious 4 casting call...

BurnoutZ

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if there will be any more scenes. Honestly after my argument with the PA. I don't want to go back (they kinda need our cars since it would look weird if our cars just disappeared out of the scene. They would have to re-shoot all the scenes we were in, and pay all the girls and more drivers to come back out.) So if they call me back (cant speak for mike), but im going to make that PA give me a written apology and they better up the pay. I know its gona kill that PA to write that letter so im going to enjoy that. Bottom line: It wasn't worth people leaning all over my car for what I got.

No big deal if they don't want to. It was fun the first time anyway. :icon54:

I'm a bit confused as to what exactly each of you expected... That's Hollywood and they do as they want. And the comment above about VD being better than that... How would you know? Have you spent personal one on one time with the guy, hanging at his crib? Clubbin' together? He's a celebrity who makes movies... He might also do a lot of other stupid or unethical things as well...

They leaned on or sat on a bunch of old Zcars they know little if anything about. I'd have expected that and more. I'd have expected damage to my paint, possibly dents, and possibly damage to the suspension/wheels... You had an agreement, but reality is that when movie sets get rolling, things change quickly in the script, and directors come up with other ideas on the fly. This happened all the time in the 90s when I was associated with making movies... If you don't want your car used as a prop (literal terms) then don't get paid to let them use it, and don't let them use it.

Mike

do you have pics of the damages if there are any???? how bad is it?

its not that bad about the size of his but its a little wavy around the window wiper...doesnt come up well in photos... but universal is goinna pay through the nose for it.

I'm a bit confused as to what exactly each of you expected... That's Hollywood and they do as they want. And the comment above about VD being better than that... How would you know? Have you spent personal one on one time with the guy, hanging at his crib? Clubbin' together? He's a celebrity who makes movies... He might also do a lot of other stupid or unethical things as well...

They leaned on or sat on a bunch of old Zcars they know little if anything about. I'd have expected that and more. I'd have expected damage to my paint, possibly dents, and possibly damage to the suspension/wheels... You had an agreement, but reality is that when movie sets get rolling, things change quickly in the script, and directors come up with other ideas on the fly. This happened all the time in the 90s when I was associated with making movies... If you don't want your car used as a prop (literal terms) then don't get paid to let them use it, and don't let them use it.

Mike

VD is a good guy. I had a chance to talk to him. Very cool, but lets be real, the guy obviously doesn't know ♥♥♥♥ about cars.

What did i expect? Well, i expected to be used in a race scene, not just park the car and have some people lean on it. Its very rude to lean on others cars, show quality or not. It has nothing to do with how much you know about the cars. Its about manners. Just because I don't know anything about my neighbors Audi, Doesn't make it ok to lean on his car as I talk to him.

I should have known.

Just goes to show hollywood film people are effen idiots and how fake movies really are, and how they protray life as reality. It makes me sick, don't get me started. You guys did sacrifice your cars for all us z people and thank you for that, but the movies they make are not worthy of such high class offerings.

On a positive note: If the Z endes up with fair amount of film time I am willling to bet the price starts going up as all the ricers are going to have a retro bandwangon revival.

What did you and the PA argue about? Or did i miss something youve said before?

I never mentioned it before. Didnt think it was worth mentioning. I was bored (4 hours of waiting for us to do something as they shot a scene without us). I was watching Vin and some guy act in a scene behind the camera crew. Some PA tells me i need to leave and stand with the other "drivers". So i do. They know what they are doing. He comes to me after the scene in front of the other drivers, and says because of you, these drivers all have to now go away from the set area. THen he looks at them and says it because of him.

Although he was right, I should not have been there. Is it really the smartest thing to do, to yell at the person who owns the car in every scene? Sure some of you will say, well hes a PA, he can do that. Actually no he cant. A PA Ive learned, is pretty much a nobody.

And your right Mike, my car probably wont be used as a prop again. So they better hope those scenes were good enough. Cause if not, like I said, they are going to have to re-shoot those scenes minus two gourgous z cars.

they wont let you watch even though your not interfering with the set? Is it because if they let one person watch... everyone will wanna watch causing interferance? Did the drivers talk to each other? Or even that was boring...? It wouldve been a good opportunity though using your car in a race scene instead of a prop. Who did they have in the race scenes anyways?

they wont let you watch even though your not interfering with the set? Is it because if they let one person watch... everyone will wanna watch causing interferance? Did the drivers talk to each other? Or even that was boring...? It wouldve been a good opportunity though using your car in a race scene instead of a prop. Who did they have in the race scenes anyways?

They used a Ford Rally car (dont ask) and an ae86. I dont know what his reasoning was. Said that I was "in the line of sight of Vin Diesel". Dont really know what that means. Im sure he knows what hes talking about. Its the way he said it I think is what is bothering me. I think at first he probobly thought i was an extra and didnt think i owned the car (i look young i guess).

VD is a good guy. I had a chance to talk to him. Very cool, but lets be real, the guy obviously doesn't know ♥♥♥♥ about cars.

What did i expect? Well, i expected to be used in a race scene, not just park the car and have some people lean on it. Its very rude to lean on others cars, show quality or not. It has nothing to do with how much you know about the cars. Its about manners. Just because I don't know anything about my neighbors Audi, Doesn't make it ok to lean on his car as I talk to him.

AMEN MATT

• 4 weeks later...

i sent and estimate for $1,758 to universal and thats what i got. im going to fix it up myself so basically i charged vin that to sit on my car lol. Carbon8 magazine is writing an article about our time spent on set. so ill make sure i post the article when its done. But they are goinna publish that when the movies comes out. as far as the money...its already spent i took that money and its helpn me fund my 2jz swap into my Z...PS my motors/trans is still for sale.

i sent and estimate for $1,758 to universal and thats what i got. im going to fix it up myself so basically i charged vin that to sit on my car lol. Carbon8 magazine is writing an article about our time spent on set. so ill make sure i post the article when its done. But they are goinna publish that when the movies comes out. as far as the money...its already spent i took that money and its helpn me fund my 2jz swap into my Z...PS my motors/trans is still for sale.

:twisted: haha...sell the ass check print on ebay

• 2 months later...