HybridZ

My project bike

Mul-ti-pass

Hey guys. I've been lurking around soaking up the wisdom here at hybridz, but I've only posted a few times. Well now I think I finally have something worth posting. I've been working on this bike for the past couple years, and I just finished it. And hey If you wouldn't mind I'd really appreciate it if you could stop be this website and vote for it. so I can get it into the Utah autorama.

http://www.kber.com/Article.asp?id=569190&spid=22375

Before 1987 CBR1000F Hurricane basket case

DSC05318.jpg

After...A lot of work

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

There are more pics at my photobucket accounthttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v210/meatpopsicle/Bike/?start=0

Hey thanks guys. Yeah I was planning on riding it until I put $1600 into the paint. It's a custom mix candy/metallic/pearl orange. I outsourced the paint, and the final welding on the sub frame. Even with lots of insurance I don't think I can ever ride it. Maybe I'll just sell it and put the money toward the next bike. The headlight is from a 06 GSXR 600/750 cut down and modified a lot.

id ride it!!! why build something if you cant ride it???? but i guess ive had hundreds of wrecks so im not to worried about keeping a street bike up.. lol. When i used to get my new race bikes before i would even take them out on the track i would just take it out and let it idle in secound gear and while its rolling along step off the bike and let go!!!! then you got the first wreck out of the way and you dont have to worry about it being all shinny any more lol

Meatpop,

I would appreciate you signing up over at www.customfighters.com and posting your bike there. You would get lots more votes.

There are lots of similar projects going on there. Surf on over and take a look at the buildoff entries. BTW really nice work, your bike looks amazing and your attention to detail and fabricating work is fantastic. :shock:

Regards,

Rassie

That's funny Rassie. I just found that website a few weeks ago. It's a very cool site. I didn't think my bike really fit in. They do some really cool stuff with very little work and money. I'd hate to make a first post just showing off, but then what the hell I want the votes.:-P

I think I will have to ride it once. The thing that scares me most is Utah drivers are the worst in the country. That and all the attention it will get.

That's funny Rassie. I just found that website a few weeks ago. It's a very cool site. I didn't think my bike really fit in. They do some really cool stuff with very little work and money. I'd hate to make a first post just showing off, but then what the hell I want the votes.:-P

I think I will have to ride it once. The thing that scares me most is Utah drivers are the worst in the country. That and all the attention it will get.

Oh you will fit in alright, no problem there. I kind of had the same feeling when I joined but the guys over there are real builders and some are really innovative and do some cool work. Some do it with lotsa dough other with very little, all the same to me. I reckon it is a lot harder to build something nice with very little. But we all grow through our efforts and learn to do it better either way. Check out some of my earlier projects at www.mybikeproject.com all done with very little but still very satisfying. I guess it is what you personally get out of it that counts..:rockon:

You have to ride it man. Otherwise all that work would be for nothing. At least keep it for a while. In my experience there is always someone looking to buy a custom bike. It will hold it's value untill that person comes along..then you build another. You do amazing work man.