HybridZ

just in case

woldson

Wireing in a 100amp circuit to a sub panel that willl eventally be my main breaker box. The damn box that came with the house is a split bus with no way to kill main power over the entrie 2 buses. Geeezzz westing that wire is a pain. Anyhow its been a pleasure if I dont come out on the other side...... I'am procrating.......still, awh crap here goes the tie in.

One mild shock against the main coming in. You got to love the ohm value of hard working hands.

You see I got a little confident after I finished the 240 and was putting in the neutral. The scary part is putting in the 4th circuit for ground. You see a sub panel needs a neutral and ground to be seperate. I dont know why but it is code. That wire is a bare #8 which is easier but it had to be pulled past the mains !/2 in away. I hate that split bus box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell my wife what I'am doing and how dangerous it is but I think she has become immune, just wishes that I had life insurence!!

I learned to work on cars the same way,,,,, you want what for that??? However after crashing valves and spinning cam berings (honda not called that), I've only saved myself a few bucks. I cant say everything cuse I don't want to get into trouble. It's stupid if you fail, smart if you suceed, this is a very fine line let me tell you!!

The new panel is mounted and ready to engergize!! Yea!

Dear God, let me be succesfull in life to let the qulified do the work that I don't know how to, before, "I know how to do it all",,,,,,,,,,or die!.................. Except my ZX that is alllll mine, some day.

Yup, I used to be the same way... "You want how much?"...

I had a guy I know give me a TON of grief because I paid a shop this week to do a clutch upgrade on my 996Turbo. 10 hours labor, at $95 per hour... No cussing. No "Porsche-specific" tools needed from specialty shops. No blood or gashes from hidden sharp hungry metal waiting for their next meal... Just stroking a check... For the first time in a long time... Felt damned good too!

Some day remind me to tell you the story about wirnig my lift up at the old place... Nothing like 230 ZAPP! :shock: I tasted peanut butter for a week! :lmao:

Mike :2thumbs:

Well that's some pretty funny stuff! Have 8 circuits wired in, 10 if you include the 100amp input. Its looking good. Did not want to take any pics of before cause of just in case. I'll post some pics after done.

It sure takes alot of time doing each circut, have about 15 man hours into this so far including buying parts. Spent $650 so far. I think you should invest in copper instead of gold, HOLY CRAP! 260 at least into the box to box circuit about 45 feet of #1awg and 25 feet of #2awg. I'll make sure of the awg later.

Wireing in a 100amp circuit to a sub panel that willl eventally be my main breaker box. The damn box that came with the house is a split bus with no way to kill main power over the entrie 2 buses. Geeezzz westing that wire is a pain. Anyhow its been a pleasure if I dont come out on the other side...... I'am procrating.......still, awh crap here goes the tie in.

Do you have a meter?

If you pull the meter there is no more power.....

^^Yes I know that but.... with out been qulifed, cutting the tag to pull the meter will get A LOT of unwanted attention.

I have a few powerfull friends in Avista(power company) but I only call in favors, such as, when I get approval on putting power from over head to underground, or swinging the sevice over arieal to the new can location this summer and makeing my sub box into the main breaker panel. The can (meter) will have to be done by a certifed electriction. Got some friends on that one as well.

P.S. any pics that will be posted will not be my box................................................... Everything will be certifed upon movement of service.

P.S.S. I will finish the extensive repair of my rental soon as well. Got about $1200 into that as well.

Some day I will set my target on my ZX but you see that is a luxgery to me and can not justify cost due to 3 young children and a stay at home mom:).

Publicly I would like to thank my company SFN for the funds to fix electrical for the home inspection required by refinaceing my home to a 15 yr, 5.5 FIXED loan. Hade the house 9 years on a 30yr 7.5 fixed. DONT MAKE COMMENTS ON THE MORGAGE SITUATION PLEASE JUST TELLING YOU WHY THE WORK IS BEING DONE, NOTHING ELSE!!!

Long posts becase of procratination, can any one tell?? Dose not help that the computer is 3ft away from new panel,,,,,,,, back to work! Now going to get back to it.......getting up now.......ok bye now...ok.bye.