HybridZ

260Z being sold as a 240Z on e-Bay

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering why it has a 240 dash ? He still hasn't answered my questions, namely how he is making 300HP without a turbo, or ..................

Maybe the car didn't come with the dash or he had a crack free 240 dash. You can make the 240 dashes work in the 260/280's. Either way, the int looks like sh*t but it makes 300hp!!! lol

I should email him and ask what does the motor make hp wise stock...prob 250..hehe

That VIN would make it a 240.

260's are definately RLS-30 vehicles. And they did start with RLS30-000XX because I know who owns 260Z #90...

There have been people that tried swapping 280/260 climate HVAC systems into earlier cars...

And believe it or not, I have a FariladyZ S30-06225 that someone hacked in a set of 260 / 280 tail lights...

I know HLS30-156466 is a 73 240, I own that one as well.

Strange Beast. Strange Seller. E-Bay Standard.

Yeah, I asked him what else he had done to the motor. Also, asked if he had dyno sheets. LOL

Well I finally got a reply.. Here's what he said...

"I'm selling this for a friend, the owner, who is computer illiterate. What's listed is all I've been told, and what the previous owner(who did all of the engine mods) told him. Call for any more questions, thanks."

Thats not even a 260. The US 260 did not have F.I., as you can tell this one did by noticing where the air cleaner bolted onto the radiator support.

13ea_3.JPG

I can also tell from the shape of the lower radiator support from the pic showing the car from the front.

5b54_3.JPG

oh, and johnc , I think John Washington sells those hood scoops, as I bought two CF scoops that are shaped like on that hood...

b72a_3.JPG

OH THAT'S SNEAKY!

What VIN number sequence did the 280Z begin at, it ALSO is an 'HLS30'!!!

It could be a very-early production 280Z...Seeing the carbon-cannister mount, Air Filter mount, AFM Mount and A/C lines in that last engine bay photo....it's not a 260 for sure.

VIN could correspond to an early 280Z as well as a late 240Z...given the engine bay evidence advantage 280Z...

Wow, December 74 production 280Z IS early! I have a December 74 260Z 2+2, but the Air Cleaner Mount, AFM Mount, etc are all missing.

Neat thing is I got the 3.36 R200...muahahahaha!

"I digress"

Y'know, it could be one of those 'VIN SWAPPIES' that you should steer clear of... I would be very interested to know what the door plate says, as well as engine bay and firewall VIN says.

The 240 Dash WILL bolt-in to a later car...and if they just swapped the dash to make a 'good VIN' car they could sell, whomever buys it may get a nasty suprise when they open the doorjamb and see 'HLS30-367XXX' and that matches the hard VIN in the firewall, and the engine dataplate...

Curious, no shots of the door jamb ID plate, engine ID plate, or Firewall VIN....

Hmmmmmm. I'd be steering clear regardless of the price until those issues were identified positively!