HybridZ

RIPS 240z runs 8.71 @ 162mph

RIPSNZ

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW

I read your thread you made. So, your car is FASTER than a twin turbo V8 car, that probably has better aerodynamics, and is LIGHTER than your car, and with 2 more cylinders. VERY Impressive.

after looking at your time slips, you beat him at the light every time, but even if you two were dead even, your 1/8th mile et/mph AND your 1/4 mile et/mph are better. That's pretty awesome.

WOWOWOW!!! I love it for this reason....

"""1972 Datsun 240z full steel body street car 1320kg, all glass windows etc, street tyres, full exhaust with muffler, wastegate plumbed back to exhaust, full interior and with a tune that we could easily drive long distance with.

R.I.P.S usual off the shelf forged RB30 bottom end but this motor does NOT have our usual block brace as its 2wd, it is fully water cooled (no block filler), it has a stock crank, stock cradle, stock used mains bolts (no studs), normal wide oil pump drive, normal style oil pump, normal pickup and wet sump, forged flat top pistons and billet rods, a very basic combination.

R.I.P.S RB26 head, ported with cams and mild street springs which limit boost to 2 bar, R.I.P.S plenim, R.I.P.S 90mm throttle body, HKS exhaust manifold and T51r, aprox power for best runs 980whp.""""""

Just shows you that a lot of expensive parts dont make you faster....but a lot of experience and know-how can sure help pick out the parts that will.

It also demontrates how well NISSAN engineered the components!!

Congrats man!!!

WOW

I read your thread you made. So, your car is FASTER than a twin turbo V8 car, that probably has better aerodynamics, and is LIGHTER than your car, and with 2 more cylinders. VERY Impressive.

after looking at your time slips, you beat him at the light every time, but even if you two were dead even, your 1/8th mile et/mph AND your 1/4 mile et/mph are better. That's pretty awesome.

It's very, very impressive no doubt, but don't blow it out of proportion. Not trying to take anything away from a truly awesome car that hauls the mail and gets it delivered in impressive fashion. It's faster than that particular twin turbo V8 car. There are TT V8 cars that are faster and don't have the aerodynamics of a z. One example is Chris chow here in the states holds the world record in his class at 7.97 at over 170mph in a stock body, stock suspension Grand National with a TT V8.

It's very, very impressive no doubt, but don't blow it out of proportion. Not trying to take anything away from a truly awesome car that hauls the mail and gets it delivered in impressive fashion. It's faster than that particular twin turbo V8 car. There are TT V8 cars that are faster and don't have the aerodynamics of a z. One example is Chris chow here in the states holds the world record in his class at 7.97 at over 170mph in a stock body, stock suspension Grand National with a TT V8.

lol. that has nothing to do with this.

look up andy frost's vauxhall victor. fastest street car on the planet.

Great job Rob. The real bonus is the local TV coverage of a Zed car :) good to see, this with the classic race cars that get a bit of air time on Prime/Sky TV it is good to see Zed's on the box.

So if this car is for sale Rob what is next on the project/agenda?

So if this car is for sale Rob what is next on the project/agenda?

We toyed with the idea of a light tube car but seeing as there is so much more potential in this car I'm keeping it for a while.

Even on the 8.71 runs we had alot 'not going' for it, the data shows room for big improvements, I'll get the launches sorted and use the NOS, then if need be change the soft valve springs to decent ones so we can run more than 2 bar boost, god knows what it'll do if we get everything bang on but thats the challenge I spose.

Rob

If I read the slips right (correct order), the TTV8 car was still faster AND quicker than Rips, just that the driver was sleeping at the lights and got eliminated because of that. 1+ second RT is SLOW.

Still, very impressive, looking at the build sheet. :D

I don't believe Chris Chow is "fastest" or "quickest" anymore, IIRC there's a few stock suspension mustangs running mid 7s.