HybridZ

EBAY seller is whining that I left negative feedback...

80LS1T

So about 3 weeks ago now I ordered some lug nuts on ebay. I had to replace mine because at the end of the driving season last year I noticed that my studs in the rear were twisted(not sticking straight out from the hub!). So when I removed my wheels a few studs broke. So I figured I would just order a whole new set since trying to replace just the 6 that I needed would be more work than just getting a complete set(they were locking lugs with a special key). So I found a set on ebay for $19.99 + $10 S&H. So I ordered them. Now their auction said that after payment I would receive my order in about 4 days. So I paid that same day(Friday). Now a week later I still haven't received them so I email the seller...

Email#1...."Hey I was wondering if it would be possible to get a tracking number? I still haven't received my order. Thanks"

Response..."I send you number to Paypal. Check Paypal."

Email#2...."I checked my paypal but I don't have anything in there to receive messages and the transaction reciept doesn't have anything on it either. Can you just send it to this email address. Thanks"

Response..."I already send you number to Paypal. Check Paypal."

Email#3..."I have checked my account. I don't know where you think your sending it to but I don't see a tracking number anywhere. Can you please just send it to my email address? Thanks"

No response....

AFTER 7 DAYS OF EMAILS....

Email#4..."Ok seriously why haven't you sent me a tracking number? I am filing a paypal dispute tomorrow at 12:00pm central time if you do not send me a tracking number or if the lug nuts do not show up tomorrow. This is completely ridiculous. I just want to know where they are or just receive them. Your website says it should take 4 days to receive them after payment, it has be 14 days since I paid. If I would have known getting lug nuts was this difficult I would have bought them local for a few more dollars!

SEND A TRACKING NUMBER TO ggrenfell18@yahoo.com . I DO NOT RECIEVE ANY EMAIL OR NOTICES THROUGH PAYPAL! SEND IT TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS!"

Response..."i will give you tracking numbers tomorrow. Please don't file claim yet."

Email#5..."Why can't you just send me one right now?"

Response..."because I am at home now. All of those information are in my office. so I can't check it now."

Email#6..."When did you ship them? It's been 14 days since I paid?"

Response..."i shipped on last week, because we were went out of stock, so your shipment was delay."

Email#7..."I'm sorry if you think I'm being an a-hole but I have a car on jack stands waiting for lug nuts because I can't put regular lugs nuts on because they are too big to fit in the holes. This is the only thing keeping me from driving this car. Who did you ship them through?"

Response..."I ship with UPS."

Email#8(next day at 9:30am)..."What is the status on my tracking number?"

Response..."i will give you tracking numbers very soon."

Email#9(now at 10:30am)..."Ok now your at work but you don't have a tracking number on hand? I would like a refund on my shipping. Waiting 2 weeks for lug nuts is ridiculous. You shouldn't list an auction if you don't have the parts in stock."

Now I filled a PAYPAL Dispute....

Response..."I am very sorry, I really forgot send to you, so do you still want it or refund ? sorry again my mistake."

Email#10..."So you didn't send them out yet? If that's the case just refund me my $30. I can get them local."

Now I have my refund and he leaves me positive feedback. I then leave him negative feedback for lying to me over and over. I would have left positive feedback if he would have just told me in the first email that he doesn't have them in-stock or that he forgot to ship them. I can deal with that but lying to me over and over really pisses me off! I HATE Liars!

Response to my negative feedback...."I already give you full refund, why you still give me negative feedback ?"

Email#11..."You wasted 2 weeks of my time telling me that you sent my lug nuts and then you finally come clean and tell me that you never sent them. What did you expect me to leave, a positive feedback? If you would have told me right away that the lug nuts were not in stock and that it would be a while before I could get them, then I would have left you positive feedback for be truthful. Your a dishonest business and I just want to let people know that."

Response..."I am very sorry, becasue we are short people working in our company. So I make this mistake. Can you make a deal from you , once you remove bad feedback, then I will give you $30 store credit, you can buy some thing from my ebay store. Thank you for your time."

Email#12..."Why would I want to do any more business with you? I don't want anything from you. I just wanted an honest transaction. Maybe next time you will tell your customer that "you don't have the part in stock" and not just tell them that its on the way and that you have a tracking number but you can't find it. Honesty is always the best policy. I will not retract my feedback, that's what the feedback system is for...to tell people if you had a good experience or a bad one."

Response..."Because this bad feedback will bring my business go down. So can I send $30 to your paypal account, would you able to remove feedback. I hope you can help me. Thank you"

Email#13..."NO. I don't want your money or your goods. Next time tell your customer the truth! You wont have to worry about negative feedback. Consider this email the last one your getting from me, this is a done deal!"

Response..."I hope you can help me, can I give you $50 ? can you remove it."

Oh and he also filed some mediation complaint "thing" with "Squaretrade" through ebay. I also told them the whole story and declined to mediate at all and refused to retract my negative feedback!

Oh and their name is "Unlimited Automobile Products" just incase you wanted to know! Ebay account... "s.gifuapone"

Cry me a river!:icon_frow:icon_frow:icon_frow:icon_frow:icon_frow:icon_frow

Guy

• Administrators
Take the 50 and dont remove the negative feedback, that would teach him a lesson

I am disappointed that you would offer such advice and I would like to think that on this side of the tracks, we don't live our lives with a morally corrupt selfish “screw everyone because we can” mentality.

I think you did what was needed. Those that took the bribe are just as bad as he is. They're letting him get off scott free and leaving his reputation open for others to figure out how bad he is. Leave it as it is and block any further emails from him. People need to know who he is and I thank you for telling everyone here about it. Hopefully this will keep others on Hybridz from getting screwed by him. I personally search this site for ebay users before I buy parts from them. Quite often I find something in the archives about the sellers on ebay with what seems like a great deal.

You did the right thing. Thanks for the warning, won't be buying anything from that guy. Interesting that he is so worried about negative feeback...I don't buy much on eBay and always wondered if the feedback system was of much value. It didn't make him a good vendor, but shows that people pay attention to feedback.

I don't feel he deserves negative feedback, neutral, yes. I agree the seller was wrong and should have told the truth, which he did eventually.

You received a 100% refund and positive feedback. In my opinion, you should have researched a little more on the seller. It is completely clear of the sellers practices from going through his feedback history.

As buyers we have to research as much as possible. To me it’s no different then choosing Wal-mart over Target.

I’m not against you and I understand your frustration. I’ve been there before myself.

A pic of your car on jackstands would be kinda funny to see, since your problem was only lug nuts;).

Sorry you had to go through that how can people flat out lie?? Kinda hard even to image that.

Jsm how much money is it worth if your lied to? Giveing a refund because of back order would be fine and honorable if he had not lie to him. All he had to be is honest and he would probaly would have gotten a glowing feed back.

Oh I have no intention of replying to any more emails or taking any bribe that he has to offer. This kind of stuff really irritates me. Yeah he gave me my money back but it took a Paypal dispute to get the truth and my money back. All I wanted wasn an honest transaction. I can't stand it when I get the run around for something that I paid for in full and right away. I don't care what your excuse is, lying is lying!

JSM, I would have left neutral or even positive feedback had he been honest right from the get go. I don't tolerate liars!

Guy

I think the negative feedback was well earned on his part. More people need to be leaving negative feedback on sellers as it makes it MUCH easier to spot problems some sellers have. If he has a history of this it should be known to the buyer so they know the risks involved when they purchase.

Sometimes a little customer care goes a long way.

If he'd just responded immediately "Oh I'm sorry, we're currently out of stock on that right now and it will take us a week to get our stock resupplied. Would you still like to keep the order?" you could have been refunded and left POSTIVE feedback. But the fact the guy left you in limbo for so long is unacceptable.

You did the right thing imo.

I am disappointed that you would offer such advice and I would like to think that on this side of the tracks, we don't live our lives with a morally corrupt selfish “screw everyone because we can” mentality.

I think I need to start adding smileys so you guys can know Im kidding around, this is the second time in recent days I have been misunderstood, but thats my fault... I need to through in some :D:biggrin: at the end of my joking comments.