HybridZ

Install pics of my new Pontiac Solstice Tan & Black Leather Seats

RB26powered74zcar

I finally got around to installing my new leather seats I stole off eBay for $152.00 > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190227827139&rd=1

They really are designed to be installed onto the floor. I did not want to go through the removal of the seats brackets welded to the floor right now, so I just put them on top of them for now. It makes them around 3 inches higher this way, and I can not use the driver side electrical seat height adjustment, due to the head rest hitting the roof if I raise the seat any more.

They will do as is for now, until I feel like removing the seat brackets.

I think the colors kind of break up the all black look I had before I put the gun metal carpet kit in, and the blk/tan seats. I think it even goes good with the red paint... whata you think??

dcp_0066_thumb.jpg

dcp_0067_thumb.jpg

dcp_0070_thumb.jpg

I like em. How is your seating position now? Do you need the extra room that mounting them on the floor would give?

Yes, they are noticeably higher than the DADs seats were. If I lean the back half forward, the top of the head rest hits the sun visor slightly.

They could stay this way though, if I wasn't so used to my legs being almost extended strait out with the other seats. It actually made my calf muscle go into a spasm while working my twin plate clutch, and that never happened in the other seat position.

Joel, those look great. The tan looks nice with the red.

A+++

Evan

Thanks Evan! the tan really washes out when I try and take a pic to show how nice the color actually is. The seats really are not a black leather like advertised.

The are a deep dark chocolate brown leather (almost black) and the center is almost a caramel/tan leather.

I thought I would regret the purchase due to the color, but its growing on me now.... :icon14:

Yah, the color combination is beautiful... It really works with everything else to combine vintage looks with modern looks in a way that maintains the old feel of the interior, but at the same time looks like it just rolled off of a showroom floor.

Any plans for custom door panels? if SOOO.... then I know someone who wouldn't mind your old ones ;)

Joel, That looks fantastic man!!.. They fit in there really nicely. Great job and the carpet looks great as well..

Thanks Gabe. I like the carpet too.... even though I had to have them re-cut the pieces under and right behind the seat. I just made him a pattern, and had the new 4 little pieces the next week in the mail. Great service from Ben's Auto in Newark N.J..

Nice seats!

One question what door weatherstrip do you have they look like they will fix my door slamming issues. =D

The rubber kit came from VB. I used a hand held hole punch (for paper) to cut the 1/2 circles out of the bottom edge on the door seals, so water would drain out from under the rubber. They did close kinda hard at first, for a short while.

Joel you really saw a diamond in the rough. Your interior has come together nicely.

Appreciate that!!

Yah, the color combination is beautiful... It really works with everything else to combine vintage looks with modern looks in a way that maintains the old feel of the interior, but at the same time looks like it just rolled off of a showroom floor.

Any plans for custom door panels? if SOOO.... then I know someone who wouldn't mind your old ones ;)

The only thoughts I've entertained, was swapping the black door panels, for a Tan pair. But I'm pretty sure the tan on the seats, would be a different shade than the tan from our older Z car interior....

Thanks, I'll let you know if they become avail.

• 3 weeks later...
I like em. How is your seating position now? Do you need the extra room that mounting them on the floor would give?

Boy, I really do need to pull these seats out and remove the stock seat sheet metal floor brackets.

These new seats are made to sit on a flat surface, and a lower surface. I have them installed now, on top of the orig. seat floor brackets, which puts the seat around 3" higher than what the stock (or the DAD seats I had) were sitting at.

This is causing my calf muscle to burn while pushing in on my twin plate clutch. I suppose its due to my legs being now, more at a 90 deg angle while seated, instead of being pretty much stretched strait out with the old seats (better leverage).

I must remove the seat floor brackets, and mount the new seats on the floor boards!!

Guest 280ZForce

The seats look great Joel, I really like it. Turned out great.

I tried to edit 1 of your pics to depict real coloring for the seats... does this show the true colors of the seat better?

dcp_0067a.jpg

When are we going to see some video of this bad boy?

Soon as I feel confident enough in my tune. To tell the truth... Its not even tuned well enough to hold it wide open for any real length of time. I have not been in the position to be able to hold it wide open long enough to map out the upper AFR row/cells.

I've basically driven it over the past 1.5 year, just putting it around, only once in awhile stepping on it, just enough to get scared of being caught.

I really need a place I can take it to do some wide open data logs, then it will be ready to see what she's got in her...

• 3 months later...