HybridZ

Digital pics ROTA RBR Royal Hyper Black

I thought I would post up these pics of my new wheels. If your like me you were probably wondering what the Royal hyper black really looks like since there isn't a good digital pic to be found. Well, I took the plunge and bought the 17X8.5 rbrs in that color , so here you go. I would decribe it as a cross between the silver and the gun metal. I like it because it is a little more color then just silver , but not quite the dark gun metal. Tell me what you think. Sorry, no tires or lugs, so no test fits yet. They do weigh in at 20.5lbs.

Rota wheels 001_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 002_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 003_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 004_thumb.jpg

one more pic without tire. It will be after the holiday before I try tires. There is a member that has 225's on these wheels and they fit WITHOUT flares. I'm going to push for 235's or 245's, but it looks tight everywhere with just the wheel.

Armand, aren't those RBs on your car-what do they weigh. I know 20.5 is heavy, but then i went out and picked up the stock wheels and tire , then it didn't seem that bad. I think the stock set up was like 45lbs.

Rota wheels 005_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally found some used tires to throw on my Rotas and I ran the suspension thru it's travel. The rear i took the spring out and ran the wheel all the way up against the bump stops. As you can see there is a full 1/2" on the inside with the spring perch ,and it will take just a little trimming on the outside to clear. I believe 245's will work with rolling of the fenders. I probably ran the the suspension further then the compressed spring length, but I am not sure. I measured atleast 5+ inches of travel. I will trim the fender lip and try again.

The front is a different story. I wouldn't go wider without beating my spring perch in some. There only 1/4" at best. I did not pull the spring since i am pretty sure they will clear the outside easily. Any ???

8356_thumb.attach

8357_thumb.attach

Rota wheels 007_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 008_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 009_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 010_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 011_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 017_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 020_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I thought I would update the thread . I finally bought tires and I put on some 245/45/17 general hp ultimaxs. I decided to push for the 245 since there was a bit more selection in this size. Plus I feel I got a great deal on these tires that have been rated pretty high. They have a nice aggressive tread and they are still a 4 season tire. They were rated as having somewhat of a soft sidewall, but that might actually negate some of the harshness of the performance suspension of my Z. As far as the fitment, you'll need to trim quite a bit of the fenderlip off around the 10-3 o'clock position in the rear. I was able to bottom out the suspension with clearance. Whether it will be enough will be seen. There is plenty of room on the spring perch on the rear, just the outside will be close. The fronts took a little more attention to the spring perch. I actually grinded down the radius of the bottom coil on the spring so I could flatten out the spring perch. It doesn't take much at all to gain a 1/4 inch and that's all you have in the end. I actually gained back everything I lost going from 235's to 245's Sorry, no overall pics yet since i just finished up fitting everything and haven't got the car off the jacks yet. Here's a couple shots though!!

Rota wheels 015_thumb.jpg

Rota wheels 013_thumb.jpg

9127_thumb.attach