HybridZ

The Dark Night

Gollum

Review: (no spoilers, I promise!)

First off, it lives up to any hype I've heard or read. My expectations where high, and I was glad of that, but the movie went way beyond my expectations.

I've seen a couple reviews complaining about things like it being too monotone action wise, and it's just too rushed of a movie with not enough dynamic flow. Though I can see where they're comming from I don't agree at all. The movie has your attention captured the entire time. It keeps the thinkers thinking and the rest of the people in awe of what they're seeing. Never once did I stop and think about my tiredness, sore butt from the hard seats, or my blatter about to burst from the mountaint dew I downed before the movie with my taco bell big box.

The movie left me hungry for more, and I'd have glady sat through another 2+ hour movie right there and then, and just drove straight to work from the theater. Yes, I thought it was that good.

I'm now like a dog that's had human food for the first time. I'm wondering what else Christopher Nolan can do.

Oh, and I don't think I've ever seen any performance so deserving of an oscar as Ledger's Joker. He's better than people have been letting on I think. This is a performance that shows the dedication you see in actors like Jim Carry, or Johnny Depp, but with a refinement I've never seen before. He makes you forget who it really is under the paint, and that this guy really does exist.

I'm going to be thrilled to go see it again.

Ya, saw it last night on IMAX and it was amazing! I love how they switched films for outside parts and it felt like you were flying over the cities! That was Heath Ledger's best performance, I never really liked many of his others. He was a creepy joker and played it really good. Everyone in the movie played their parts great and will probably get nominations for different things.

Saw it for my second time tonight. Absolutely AMAZING!! It was as big of a thrill the second time as it was opening night. Ledger's performance was astounding. I am going to see it on IMAX this coming weekend. I hope it breaks all records for opening weekend. Does anybody know why Katie Holmes didnt play rachel again?

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit... and I went in a little skeptical... I appreciate Heath Ledger and have ever since the Patriot. I have a soft spot in my heart for Jack Nicholson's Joker, I consider THAT to be one of the best hero/villain roles of all time. Ledger was spot on, and to my surprise, did his own interpretation that rivaled Nicholson's without diminishing it. Unfortunately... the rest of the movie, while decent, was not to the same standards. I suppose you can only twist a hero flick so many different ways, but I hoped for more. Still and all, I will probably buy this one, and watch it to enjoy Ledger and mourn what could have been.

Saw it for my second time tonight. Absolutely AMAZING!! It was as big of a thrill the second time as it was opening night. Ledger's performance was astounding. I am going to see it on IMAX this coming weekend. I hope it breaks all records for opening weekend. Does anybody know why Katie Holmes didnt play rachel again?

From what I hear they didnt ask her back because Tom cruise is such a freak and will not leave the set while she works, causes all kinds of problems.