HybridZ

Am I crazy?

big-phil

It has been quite clear over the years watching you post that there has been recent changes in your overall attitude.

I believe this really has nothing to do with your wife or your dumb toys.

Think about it, your willing to shred you precious daughters life as well as your wifes for some stupid crap? You do that and she will end up with the stunt bike.

I don't know if you are going through early mid life problems, or you just like constant change in your life to keep yourself amused, but you made vows to your woman and you need to be a man and keep them!!

In the end you will find that most things in life aren't worth a crap, hopefully you will get over yourself before you learn that lesson and hold on to what is really, truly special that life has given you.

I recommend getting some professional help and put all other decisions on hold for the moment. Mark my words!!! You take the wrong path now even a bit you will have everlasting consequences.

On a side note, seeing that wonderful daughter of yours, and the zeal for life that she portrays make me want to come over there and pumble you abit.

God bless you on your journey, may He help guild you.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to lay off the advise a bit. He may have just been venting. You, nor me know the whole story.

I disagree to a lot of what you said below and if it were said to me, I may have taken it the wrong way. Those in Red.

It has been quite clear over the years watching you post that there has been recent changes in your overall attitude.

I believe this really has nothing to do with your wife or your dumb toys.

Think about it, your willing to shred you precious daughters life as well as your wifes for some stupid crap? You do that and she will end up with the stunt bike.

I don't know if you are going through early mid life problems, or you just like constant change in your life to keep yourself amused, but you made vows to your woman and you need to be a man and keep them!!

In the end you will find that most things in life aren't worth a crap, hopefully you will get over yourself before you learn that lesson and hold on to what is really, truly special that life has given you.

I recommend getting some professional help and put all other decisions on hold for the moment. Mark my words!!! You take the wrong path now even a bit you will have everlasting consequences.

On a side note, seeing that wonderful daughter of yours, and the zeal for life that she portrays make me want to come over there and pumble you abit.

God bless you on your journey, may He help guild you.

I understand completely that it was directed at him. I just don't agree.

Are you married? Do you have kids? Maybe you do and you're more mature than some of us.

I love my wife and kids tremendously, but the FACT of the matter is you start to lose your identity. Meaning, it feels like you live your life for them and not you.

You see LOTS of mid-life crisis in men and divorces due to the above.

Sure, you can say you signed up for that when you got married and had kids and yes I fully support that, but it does change you over time.

Call it lack of maturity, patients, whatever, but it happens.

It is very difficult to comment on this if you've not experienced it yourself.

JSM, this directed at him, not generically given to all, might help in possible confusion, thanks.

Are you married? Do you have kids?

Yes and yes, three. Married 6plus years, 36 yrs old.

You are who you want to be. There is very little that is "you".

Marriage is tough, ever notice how women don't even get along with themselves?

The merit of a man is constituted in how he rises to meet difficulty in the responsibility that he has undertaken.

Big Phil has got a problem, but it is not a sports bike. It appears he is at a crossroad in his life, all decisions up to this are his and his alone.

The decision he makes now is his and his alone, good or bad. You want identity,,,,,,Don't Blame Others for Crap, and own it yourself.

I dought that he can look in to his loving daughters eyes and his wifes and than turn around and look in the mirror, without feeling shame.

Remember his wife is lets him have all kinds of toys and do all kinda odd ball stuff. She has a problem with him and where he might be headed in life, the bike is just sparking point, masking a much bigger problem.

All men who have "owned it" will probably be able to attest to this.

Remember, "things change" is just a bunch of decisions. You decide for good, your life will get better.

On a side note, Loose of a child would probably destroy me. Hopefully it won't because I have two other children that need me. If I decide that that loose will own me, than it will probably damage or destroy them as well.

I pray that decision will never come to my home.

My wife is totally against my getting a bike (fear for my safety). Fortunately, there are SOOO many other things I like to do that I can use NOT getting a bike as leverage to do all the other things.

When I want to get another Z, I could say wow, look that Z cost about the same as a new crotch rocket? Which should I get? Z wins every time.

Don't ask us here on a message board. The one you should be asking is your 10 year old daughter.

Explain to her how cool the bike is, and how you wont get hurt again, and how mommy and daddy probably wont be together anymore if you get it.

If she's cool with that I'd say go for it.

.... but seriously, it sounds from your message that you already realize that you have some issues to deal with. Maybe you ought to fix those first.

My wife is totally against my getting a bike (fear for my safety). Fortunately, there are SOOO many other things I like to do that I can use NOT getting a bike as leverage to do all the other things.

When I want to get another Z, I could say wow, look that Z cost about the same as a new crotch rocket? Which should I get? Z wins every time.

This is great example of balance. Just from this one can assume a certain level of peace in this marriage.

I do have to wonder what she got up her sleeve on you:)LOL!

Woldson, I have nothing against you. Just sharing my thoughts. Were all entitled to our own opinions! :)

Are you married? Do you have kids?

Yes and yes, three. Married 6plus years, 36 yrs old.

Congrats!

You are who you want to be. There is very little that is "you".

Marriage is tough, ever notice how women don't even get along with themselves?

Agree 100%

The merit of a man is constituted in how he rises to meet difficulty in the responsibility that he has undertaken.

Agree 100%. I make very decent money. All of what I make goes to support them. I am a provider for my family, but I AM also part of that family. Why should I exclude things from myself just to support my family and do what is safe? I have good life insurance.

Because of my money situation, I dig through dumpsters, neighborhood trash, buy and re-sell stuff on ebay and have garage sales to fund MY hobbies. It IS a second job, but it kind of sucks to. It would be nice to just have one job. I'm close to being toped out in my career.

Big Phil has got a problem, but it is not a sports bike. It appears he is at a crossroad in his life, all decisions up to this are his and his alone. The decision he makes now is his and his alone, good or bad.

Maybe, maybe not

You want identity,,,,,,Don't Blame Others for Crap, and own it yourself.

Agree 100%. That's why I dig through trash!

I dought that he can look in to his loving daughters eyes and his wifes and than turn around and look in the mirror, without feeling shame.

Because he bought a motorcycle? He's been doing this his whole life. There are a heck of alot of people that have dangerous jobs, should they feel this way too? Should they get different jobs?

Remember his wife is lets him have all kinds of toys and do all kinda odd ball stuff. She has a problem with him and where he might be headed in life, the bike is just sparking point, masking a much bigger problem.

All men who have "owned it" will probably be able to attest to this.

Not enough information to make a decision. Phil was just venting.

Remember, "things change" is just a bunch of decisions. You decide for good, your life will get better.

Agree 100%

On a side note, a Lose of a child would probably destroy me. Hopefully it won't because I have two other children that need me. If I decide that that a lose will own me, than it will probably damage or destroy them as well.

Agree 100%, not sure it's merit in this topic though.

I pray that decision will never come to my home.

Phil,

Buy that Bike!

1. You tell her you are the man of the house and will do whatever the hell you please, when you please!!! YEAH!

2. Tell her it's a mid-life crisis and you'll get over it soon.

3. Tell the wife you sold the Z to Chris but you need to store it for him for a while.

4. (your inside voice) "THE HELL IF I'M LEAVING." If she doesn’t like it she can take a walk off a short pier but I'll be damned!

Happy Anniversary and give her my best :D

Oh yeah I forgot, you can only pick two from the list above.

I'm impressed by all the pationate responses to this obvious rant.

Phil will do the right thing...

If you need some council, contact me....was married for 9 years, divorced last year, Have my Z, I kick butt honda 450 motocross bike and a couple of 7 and 8 year old girls that break my heart everytime I send them to "mom's".

Jeff

Phil if she loves you then she loves you warts, farts, skid marks in your shorts and all. The bike is not a deal killing, relationship ending, marriage busting thing. It's just a damn excuse. If its that far gone then kiss that damn thing gone and buy the bike. Women are a dime a dozen, especially ones that give ultimatums like that. And yeah, I been married, she died, have kids, been there done that!

I take that back on the bike if its not real and has 30K miles!

I would still buy one though!! just wait for the right one. You can get 04 R1 for a pretty good deal now and they are a lot lighter and more powerful.

Cant help with the woman issues though.

This is why I always preach CHOOSE YOUR SPOUSE WISELY and TAKE YOUR TIME!

Any woman who naggs and byatches about your interests will not change... You can't change them, and they won't change you. Choose wisely...

My wife and I met long before the Porsches and big houses, trips and success... But I chose wisely and didn't marry until I was 35 years old...

CHOOSE wisely and take LOTS of test rides... :2thumbs:

Phil, ask her to choose... Bike or strippers, choose one then shut the hell up! :lmao:

Mike

There's an old saying in the avaiation world: "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots - but there are no old, bold pilots." I think that probably applies to stunt bikes, too.

Phil - you know me - sounds to me like your bride is very concerned that she and your daughter have the security of having the husband/father around that they love dearly.

I fully understand your feelings as I went through that too. It's all about priorities. Take care of those that are most important to you and your time will come again. Once your daughter is out of school take out a healthy life insurance policy that will set your wife up and go for it. At that point the only reason to beef will be that they are concerned for your safety. At this point, however, the responsibilities of family need to outweigh personal desire.

Seems to me the only alternative is........you'll be moving out! I understand the two wheeled addiction, as I'm a motorcyclist myself and can get a bit antsey when I haven't riden in a while. Like the old saying goes......"A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!!!"

Tom

BigPhil. you may want to ease your wife's worries a bit by upping your health/life insurance!

motorcycles aren't for me, for I get injured almost every time I ride, and I know myself (as a speed freak). I will NEVER ride on the streets with all the oblivious soccer moms in Tahoes and Excursions!

I also have a daughter, and you CAN NOT EVER (read my lips here) NEVER promise a young girl that her daddy will not get ever get hurt. SH!T happens when you least expect it, and it's nearly NEVER your fault. (see my previous statement about soccer moms)

So you don't ride anymore, big whoop. I want to mess around in my car all day long and take road trips, but I have to work. That's no fun, either. Can you find some property where you can build a track (dirt or asphalt)? That would kick arse!