HybridZ

RB Remote Oil Filter Takeoff?

900ss

Sorry, I cannot tell you who makes that. there are some on eBay that use a Toyota 3TC or 4AGZE filter.

However, I think some of our members have drilled a small hole and tapped various similar billet units (that looks cast) to fit the proper sized NPT threaded sensor.

I have a very nice billet aluminium remote housing on my RB26 motor which I bought from Performance Wholesale in Queensland Australia.

Aluminium billet sandwich plate & remote filter housing A$165 The thread size for the Ryco Z145A or a Valvoline V04 is 3/4-16-UNF-2B.

I took the original oil cooler/warmer off the engine as I am fitting an external oil cooler.

See photo of fitted sandwich plate.

Remote_thumb.jpg

thats looks like the greddy (grex) remote oil filter kit or a similar style one. i could be and may be wrong but thats the one it looks like to me.

lol i said the same thing in my post with stony's pic, but i edited to delete it cause i found that the only pics of GREX units looked quite different.

perhaps it's an old GREX unit of some sort

out of interest, if you remove the standard water/oil cooler from the RB26, what do you need to replace it with? i presume you have to get an oil filter adaptor plate from another RB engine?

No I just put on an aftermarket sandwich plate (see photo above) and then used hoses to route the oil to a larger oil cooler situated at the front of the car

I just bought this Greddy/GREX piece from RHDjapan.com. Nice thing about it is that it has an internal thermostat to keep oil from flowing to the cooler when unecessary and two ports for aftermarket gauges (pressure/temp).

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/TRUST-0-C-Oil-Block-E-G-Type-E-60mm-51270#

http://www.trust-power.com/04cooling/images/cooler_st.gif

On mine i just removed everything down to the block. then the oil filter screws right onto the block

Which is what I want to do, but I didn't know the filter could be screwed direct to the block?

I assumed you must use an adaptor as shown in the 1st pic?

Ultimately I just wanted to tidy up under the manifold area, so do away with the water pipes and onboard cooler and run a exterior front mount oil cooler.

Ultimately I just wanted to tidy up under the manifold area, so do away with the water pipes and onboard cooler and run a exterior front mount oil cooler.

If you want to run an oil cooler up front you have to do what I have done with a sandwich plate so that you have the ability to run hoses forward and back. The filter just screws on to the sandwich plate (see my small photo attachment at an earlier post above (click on it and it will enlarge)

• 2 years later...

crap, i got my greddy one in today but the fitting has female threads and the "nipple" that screws into the block and the other end of the factory oil cooler slides onto is not threaded

like this

24927_IMG_0001_122_535lo.JPG

what thread size is this that screws into the block, i took it out. 8an threads seem to hold it on pretty tight so i guess i could get a male to male union....

• 2 weeks later...

Since I am slowly revisiting this topic on my own behalf on my car... got some questions while we're at it.

I want to remove the water cooler as well and use the GReddy/GREX sandwich kit... Something like this.

I also have 2x 1/8 NPT fittings I want to throw on there so I can run my Autometer Oil Temp and Oil Pressure stuff.

I don't want to run an oil filter relocation kit (yet).

I kind of want it like Stony's setup

DSC01635.jpg

This picture is also a reference for those who need it

cooler_st.gif

Question #1) Does the stock oil pressure sender still work with this unit?

Question #2) How do I do it so the water cooler is removed?

Edited by 240Z_Master